XIM Community

Halo Infinite Feedback  (Read 678 times)

Offline Bountykilla83

• View Profile
Halo Infinite Feedback
« on: 04:14 PM - 11/17/21 »
https://twitter.com/ske7ch/status/1460680004090548226?t=e9nt0TCPFcz7CVZh7ErPog&s=19

Please tweet your feedback here.  We need that sens to jump from 10 to 20.  They are listening to feedback.  Please tweet your feedback

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: Halo Infinite Feedback
« Reply #1 on: 03:27 AM - 11/18/21 »
I canít believe this is a new game. It looks like Bungie took all the best parts of Halo and built upon it in Destiny, but Halo itself hasnít evolved at all. Dated doesnít even begin to describe how bland the multiplayer looks :o

Maybe Halo veterans appreciate the familiarity, but Infinite is doing nothing to attract new players used to more modern mechanics, models, maps etc.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Swagdogpsu69

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07:17 AM - 11/18/21 »
I canít believe this is a new game. It looks like Bungie took all the best parts of Halo and built upon it in Destiny, but Halo itself hasnít evolved at all. Dated doesnít even begin to describe how bland the multiplayer looks :o

Maybe Halo veterans appreciate the familiarity, but Infinite is doing nothing to attract new players used to more modern mechanics, models, maps etc.

I think your last statement nailed it, and frankly that's perfectly fine with those of us who have been gaming longer than the average age of a Warzone or flavor of the week BR fan boi. A ranked system thats familiar and proven, a game that won't have a constant pay for play OP battlepass gun meta every other week, and a campaign that's likely going to be awesome. As a diehard COD player through them all who recently hung it all up because of SBMM, metas, and YouTubers that have ruined the organic, fun experience games used to be - Infinite is a breath of fresh air.
« Last Edit: 07:50 AM - 11/18/21 by Swagdogpsu69 »

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #3 on: 07:47 AM - 11/18/21 »
I never played the Halo games, I was always on PC or PS. So Destiny was my entry-point to Bungie games.

I've watched CohhCarnage running through the Halo franchise on Twitch in the leadup to Infinite. I can see the lineage embedded within Destiny's aesthetics, stories, mechanics, models, weapons, gunplay etc, but they feel far more polished, fast and fluid than the earlier franchise.

If you come from Halo, more of the same might be just what you want. But I kinda expected after two decades that it'd mature over time into something...I dunno...better?

No offense intended to Halo players - different strokes, different folks. I love Destiny's gunplay, so that set my expectations pretty high for new Halo releases, but they don't seem to hit the same mark :shrug:
« Last Edit: 08:18 AM - 11/18/21 by antithesis »

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Swagdogpsu69

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07:58 AM - 11/18/21 »
Agreed 100% no offense taken. I remember the days of being wasted in college playing Halo CE 4 way split screen on battle creek and blood gultch. There's been great and bad iterations along the way but Infinite feels great, looks good (even on Xbone), and is a great change of pace from the disposable annual reskin of the latest COD release. It's nostalgia for me and even though I'm getting mapped by 13 year olds teabagging me, I'm enjoying it.

Admin