XIM Community

Vortex Pok3r RGB  (Read 72 times)

Offline Takkion

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Takkion
Vortex Pok3r RGB
« on: 06:04 AM - 11/14/21 »
Hi!
I couple of months ago I made a post asking about the compatibility of the Vortex Pok3r RGB with the XIM Apex, a mod told me that powering the XIM could help and indeed it did! Thank you so much, it works now!

I made this post so the keyboard can be taken off the incompatibility list or edited to add that it just needs a power cable to work. I wouldn't want people to think they can't use this keyboard because it's honestly an amazing keyboard.
Console: Xbox Series X
Monitors: Acer Nitro VG272U Pbmiipx / Samsung Odyssey G7 C27G75TQSU
Mice: Glorious Model O Wireless / Logitech G Pro X Superlight
Keyboard: Vortex Pok3r (Cherry MX Silver)

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Vortex Pok3r RGB
« Reply #1 on: 10:08 AM - 11/14/21 »
Thanks for following up on that. To confirm, it's fully compatible as long as it's powered? How are you powering it exactly?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Takkion

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Takkion
Re: Vortex Pok3r RGB
« Reply #2 on: 07:08 PM - 11/15/21 »
Thanks for following up on that. To confirm, it's fully compatible as long as it's powered? How are you powering it exactly?

Yes!

I'm using a 5v 3a 3.5mm x 1.35mm power adapter which I plug into the USB hub that comes with the XIM Apex, I can provide pictures of it if necessary.

I have been using it for about two weeks and have had no issues, I can use max brightness RGB with whichever preset I'd like. Would like to add I have only used wireless mice with it so I do not know if adding further power draw like a wired mouse would stop it from functioning.

Here is the link to the adapter I bought (it's in Swedish but I believe you can translate it with Google): https://swe.grandado.com/products/1-st-eu-ac-dc-5v-3a-12v-2a-9v-2a-6v-2-5a-6v-3-som-vaxelstromadapterplugg-3-5mm-x-1-35mm?variant=UHJvZHVjdFZhcmlhbnQ6MTA2NTk3ODg1
Console: Xbox Series X
Monitors: Acer Nitro VG272U Pbmiipx / Samsung Odyssey G7 C27G75TQSU
Mice: Glorious Model O Wireless / Logitech G Pro X Superlight
Keyboard: Vortex Pok3r (Cherry MX Silver)

Admin