XIM Community

How does Nexus compare to the Dualsense when playing on PC with M&K input?  (Read 282 times)

Offline Dexter307

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Dexter307
So I've been playing on PC using the Dualsense, I use gyro aim by having all of the controller buttons and triggers output as keyboard buttons, and the gyro and right stick output as a mouse. When using the Nexus controller like this, how does it compare to the dualsense, in particular in regards to the accuracy of the gyro when output as a mouse?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
XIM NEXUS runs all motion control fusion algorithms on the controller itself at a really high rate as opposed to setups like this where everything is being sent over to the PC at a lower rate before any processing. Input processing will be more accurate and tight on NEXUS just by mere fact of the design itself. That said, I've never done a direct comparison. But, things will certainly feel different because with NEXUS the game sees it as a controller. As a result, you get aim assist. You won't get that with this setup.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Dexter307

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Dexter307
XIM NEXUS runs all motion control fusion algorithms on the controller itself at a really high rate as opposed to setups like this where everything is being sent over to the PC at a lower rate before any processing. Input processing will be more accurate and tight on NEXUS just by mere fact of the design itself. That said, I've never done a direct comparison. But, things will certainly feel different because with NEXUS the game sees it as a controller. As a result, you get aim assist. You won't get that with this setup.

What kind of controller does a PC detect the nexus as? Xbox 360? Xbox One? Something else entirely?

Offline He4DHuNt3r

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: XuK He4DHuNt3r
  • PSN ID: He4DHuNt3r_XIM
What kind of controller does a PC detect the nexus as? Xbox 360? Xbox One? Something else entirely?

It shows up as a standard Xinput device/controller - Games show the Xbox button HUD with Nexus.

If you were to plug a authentication controller into the Nexus adapter, then it would present itself as that controller (Xbox or Dualshock controller)
I just wanted to say that you are a phenomenal gamer. You make it look so easy and your gameplay has this commanding "tone" to it (i.e. not frantic -- more of a dominating calm :) ).