XIM Community

Xim4 controller not detected on steam  (Read 126 times)

Offline OuterA

• View Profile
Xim4 controller not detected on steam
« on: 07:24 AM - 11/13/21 »
Have been troubleshooting this for awhile with still no luck. I have my xim4 connected to my pc but have been unable to get Steam to detect my controller. I've tried both and ps4 and xbox one controller. When i input a button on the controller the input shows up fine on my pc xim manager app. It shows that the controller is indeed connected and able to register inputs to the PC, however when i go to use steam it says my controller is unable to be detected no matter what ive tried. Any help would be appreciated.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Xim4 controller not detected on steam
« Reply #1 on: 07:33 AM - 11/13/21 »
Hey,

maybe your XIM needs a firmware update to support the Xbox controller you are using. Also try Steam Big Picture and configure the controller in the settings there. With Big Picture it usually works quite well even with a PS4 controller.
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: Xim4 controller not detected on steam
« Reply #2 on: 06:02 PM - 11/13/21 »
Set the controller profile in Steam to mouse & keyboard emulation and it should work just fine.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts