XIM Community

Using the apex with more that 1k pooling rate mouse  (Read 110 times)

Offline Catacomb

• View Profile
I got myself the Razer viper 8khz, and wanted to ask if playing on a higher then 1k pooling rate would damage my xim, I know that the apex supports up to 1k pooling rate but playing on 2k makes cutting into the AA bubble easy like slicing through butter, 4k is not really responsive and 8k makes the xim turn itself off.Would it be safe to use 2k polling rate?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: Using the apex with more that 1k pooling rate mouse
« Reply #1 on: 06:12 AM - 11/13/21 »
APEX is a USB 2.0 device. Viper is a USB 3.0 device. APEX cannot function at higher than 1000Hz. You'll need to drop the polling rate of the Viper from 8000Hz to 1000Hz for it to be compatible.

Running at 2000Hz is still bombarding the APEX with more information than it can handle. It's probably ignoring every second poll with a 1ms frame that it cannot physically process, so what you're feeling is probably placebo effect.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Catacomb

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07:40 AM - 11/13/21 »
Did not know that the Razer viper was USB 3.0, 8k and 4k Hz where out from the start. Now that you mention it movement on 2k felt somehow clunky but the aim assist cut in was better then on 1k Hz. ( PS4 version of cod vanguard on PS5 with cod mw st)

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #3 on: 05:43 PM - 11/13/21 »
The max polling rate of USB 3.0 is 8K Hz. The mouse will never hit that as it's a theoretical maximum under ideal lab conditions. But definitely use it via a USB 3.0 port for PC gaming, you should notice a difference over 1000Hz mice.

There's zero point trying to run the mouse at higher than 1000Hz on XIM as performance will suffer :)

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Admin