XIM Community

XIM4 on PC with PlayStation controller  (Read 138 times)

Offline jderlin03

• View Profile
XIM4 on PC with PlayStation controller
« on: 09:52 AM - 11/12/21 »
Afternoon,

I just had a quick question if the xim4 can be used for PC games such as COD vanguard?

I found my xim earlier and did a quick test (just plugging it in correctly) and as soon as I plug the controller into the xim the game advises me I need to switch to mouse and keyboard and the controller turns orange.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: XIM4 on PC with PlayStation controller
« Reply #1 on: 10:52 AM - 11/12/21 »
Welcome to the community. XIM does not support PC as a gaming platform but some players have been able to use XIM in their PC game by using a Microsoft wireless Xbox One controller with their XIM. Third party controllers are not supported.

With that said you may encounter performance issues using XIM on a PC due to the possibility of PC game look mechanics being different from their console versions. Using APEX at 1000hz on PC may cause performance issues as well. Using APEX at 125hz on PC may be required.

-

It's been mentioned by other members here that the DS4 controller is supported by some PC games (not all) and that either changing the input type in the game options (if game supports it) or changing the control input type in steam controller setup may help if using steam. I'm not familiar with these steps but I have noticed these issue reports don't seem to come from players using Xbox controllers so that's something to consider if you run into more issues.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Admin