XIM Community

Lucidsound LS50X or Steelseries Arctis 9X headset  (Read 390 times)

Offline Bully

• View Profile
Hi, I want a new wireless headset and have narrowed it down to either the Lucidsound LS50X or the Steelseries Arctis 9X headset, any opinions or advice would be appreciated?
MY COD MW SETUP
https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=85358.0

Xim Apex | Xbox Series X | Xbox series X controller | Logitech G502 mouse | Sony Nav | Razer Destructor Mat | 55" Panasonic 4K OLED TV

Offline Au1d Yin

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Lucidsound LS50X or Steelseries Arctis 9X headset
« Reply #1 on: 07:28 AM - 11/12/21 »
I have the Lucidsound LS35x and the Arctis 9x.

Bought the ls35x first and thought the sound was good for a wireless headset ... BUT ...  the plastic covers on the sliding adjustment cracked and split while it was still under warranty. (don't know if this is a problem with the newer ls50x)

I later found out that this happened to other buyers as well.

Bought the Arctis 9x and the big thing about them that hit me first was the comfort. Sound is maybe not as good as the Lucidsound, bit it's good enough for me. (rarely play with them tho as I use a mayflower arc mk2 and headphones)

Oh I almost forgot ... the Arctis 9x sometimes switched themselves off and had to be switched on again.
« Last Edit: 07:33 AM - 11/12/21 by Au1d Yin »

Offline Bully

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12:10 PM - 11/12/21 »
Thanks Au1d Yin.

Yeah I have the Xbox Razer Thresher Ultimate headset and the exact same plastic part has cracked and broken as the LX35x, and have heard others report the plastic cracking issue, not heard anyone mention the LS50X with this issue though.  The only thing that puts me off the LS50X is the dongle and how big it might be and it will take up a usb slot on my series X.

I have seen a lot of complaints on Amazon about the Arctis 9X plastic cracking where the headband enters the ear piece and the ear piece falling off.
MY COD MW SETUP

Xim Apex | Xbox Series X | Xbox series X controller | Logitech G502 mouse | Sony Nav | Razer Destructor Mat | 55" Panasonic 4K OLED TV

Offline Catacomb

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01:49 PM - 11/12/21 »
Can't comment on the ls50x but got the Arctic 9x, if you choice is not final why not take a look at the Audeze Penrose, soundwise it's blows the Arctic 9 pro out of the water.

Offline Bully

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11:54 AM - 11/19/21 »
In the end I decided to buy the Lucidsound LS50X for my Xbox series X, very good headset, comfortable, good battery life, sound great.  Does not turn my Xbox on when I turn the headset on like the Steelseries 9X do, which I would find frustrating.  The LS50X are currently on sale on Amazon for 175, which was another bonus.
MY COD MW SETUP