XIM Community

Battlefield 2042 ST  (Read 31525 times)

Offline Dodge

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Battlefield 2042 ST
« Reply #135 on: 05:49 AM - 11/30/21 »
anti recoil scripts are cheats. Because I override or bypass a game mechanic. That is a fact and there is no room for discussion. I don't care; just stop making these cheap excuses
Somehow yes, also XIM somehow because normally you cant have inGame aim-assist when you playing with native M&K or on PC...  via XIM you also can join to "only Gamepad lobbies" that means with XIM you have both, thats why Im saying somehow ;)
If you blame TT2 for this, you have to blame XIM also, because of "somehow" ;)

With the Aim Assist and the Xim, that's such a thing. More like a double-edged sword. Maybe it has advantages, but actually more disadvantages. Unfortunately, many just don't understand. I turn off the AA in BF, not because I want to make it harder for myself, but rather because it bothers me and some would be amazed how well they could play with an Xim without AA. But to turn a weapon with recoil into a laser cannon, to swap skill for a script, what do you want to discuss? As I said above, it only spares others but with the talk that is just not the case.Because that's all it is.

You don't have picked up my second "somehow" the one with gamepad lobbies. If you play with K&M in a "only Gamepad" Lobby, then its the same thing like laser your weapon with a script. Its just how you look at this, scripting with TT2 is the same in my opinon like playing with K&M in a "only Gamepad" lobby, thats how I see this.

I don't think you can compare that. Against controller players who really benefit 100% from aim assist behavior, I either play without AA or live with the disadvantages that it brings for me as a Xim mouse / keyboard player. That brings again a certain balance.

And believe me i follow this forum for a long time. Many have tried to influence the AA behavior somehow in their favor. In the end you only learn to deal with it or to switch it off.

you evade my questions ;) I dont talk about AA, I dont know why you always stuck at this point, I'm telling you that you can play with K&M in a only Gamepad lobby, this is in my opinion the same way of "external help" like TT2 with scripting.
Both ways or hardware are helping hands that are not intended or desired by the Game Producers. Please dont answer me with your AA things :)

The explanation why I do not consider this to be an absolute advantage I explained to you and that has to do with the AA. In addition, there are many younger generations of players who can play better with a controller than I can with a mouse and keyboard. So it is a decision which input device I can handle better. Would never complain about being swept away by a better xim player. Likewise, I didn't complain in open lobbies about being powned by PC gamers in Modern Warfare. So what exactly do you want to hear now?

You just look from your perspective, you talking like "I and I" but XIM is a helping hand like TT2, just wanna tell you that nothing more or less

BTW: a Pro Gamer can Laser any weapon like TT2 or better

So you are not pro.
You want absolution. A justification for using scripts. Do not try to put me in your cheater entourage with the talk that something like this is actually not intended by game developers. I don't need Anti Recoil, Rapidfire Scripts and at the age of 50 I am still able to push more than one button. Now understood. Jesus Christ!

Offline Boltman

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 06:41 AM - 11/30/21 »
All you guys whether pro or con are not going to change your minds. Looking for validation?

Let's just leave it where it's at, y'all are at an impasse. You think it's cheating? Awesome You think it isn't? Great. Now let's try to move on because these massive multi-quotes are nuts on my phone lol.
Keyboard replacement: Sony Move Navigation Controller l Mouse: Logitech G9x & G502 l Mousepad: MM400 l Controller: PS5 (PS4 hori fighting commander) l XIM: Apex l Gaming Monitor: LG 27UD68-W l Headset: Sony Pulse Wireless Headset

My old config/setup: https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=25362.msg306559#msg306559

Offline Herpityderp

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 07:09 AM - 11/30/21 »
All you guys whether pro or con are not going to change your minds. Looking for validation?

Let's just leave it where it's at, y'all are at an impasse. You think it's cheating? Awesome You think it isn't? Great. Now let's try to move on because these massive multi-quotes are nuts on my phone lol.

lmao!

yeah pretty sure neither one of you were gonna change each other's minds about this sooooo

Offline ChrisV

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 07:27 AM - 11/30/21 »
ppl have to learn again to agree to disagree ;)

Offline montysweden

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 10:27 AM - 11/30/21 »

Well. If the game developers says it's cheating. It is. You can think the earth is flat if you want. It's still not a matter of opinion. Fact is fact. Flat earthers is free to believe the earth is flat as much as scripters think they are not cheaters.

They will get banned if caught.

Offline AMG

• MVP
  • Gamer - Audiophile - Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 01:17 PM - 11/30/21 »

Hehehe yes.
Exactly, that's a 5th dimension, big minded, not judgy thinking.

Wow... what a controversy fired up here, hehehe.

Want to know one of the advantages of speaking more than one language?
- every time you have to speak/read on other language, you have to "switch on" mentally to speak it.

This extra step is very helpful to ignore some comments, specially from people who are speaking on their native language and have very poor writing skills, worse than mine.

My perspective: "everyone can use what ever you want"

On XIM I'm one of the strongers advocate/believer that you reach your full aiming pontential by dropping the clutch of AA, without it, you can snap switch back and forth between targets (have videos demostrating this), people still use it, waste many hours "tweaking it" thats great if it works for them, go ahead.

Now, on the scripting... as you know like controller players thinks wrongly(way wrong) our XIM gives exactly PC aim, you guys have those ideas on scripting.

Because, two routes: a) you are not informed, b) you are an idiot. I assume is a).

First, scripting is not changing game code, is not software , yes the code is the recipe to program a device to sent inputs to other device, but via HARDWARE and all this on the constraint of the game mechanics, we are not doing wall hacks, invencible players, or damage modifiers.

As I said it before, BF2042 has burst fire cap, meaning you can't shoot a weapon faster than a human can do... that's great!, games should be programmed this way, games that doesn't do it... things like rapid fire, jitter or mouse macros are overkill that is a flaw on the game design.

Recoil, as XIM users we don't have the analog input to control recoil, we are loosing it due XIM Mouse translation, we can tweak Y/X to compensate (that's input modifier BTW just like TT2), and anti-recoil script it wont work like a in-game perk, or laser beam, you can feel how can get's in your way by pulling down your aim while shooting, instead of removing magically and transparently recoil,

Again... you don't know, you are not informed, but if without testing and having the facts, and you still think this is cheating, then... you are an option B) strong B).

Pro Gamers don't cheat?.

I wrote a very popular script back in the Fortnite era, I came up with some tweaks like Turbo-Building before Epic added to the game, like placing a piece immediately after another, all things that Epic then adopted, and I actually sent a request to added to the game.

Quality of life, for sure. I was drag to the scripting by a friend who lost 2 fingers on his right hand (veteran) and he want to play with his son and not being a dead weight... I did it, wrote many scripts for him to compensate its limitations, then I publish it, I got many input from players, from the old grandpa happy because now he can play fortnite, to a sweaty competitive pro gamer who asked me add things in secret for tournaments. Sorry for bust your bubble but most of competitive gamers were using a script.

That's why I think competiteve gaming has to be on LAN live event to be valid, of course we can't do it due pandemic, but... yeah, it will be fair if everyone use the same gear, and let the player skill do the work.

So, let's have fun!.

Hey PC gamers said that controller players are op due Aim Assist, Controller players said that XIM users are op due M/KB, XIM Users said that XIM+T2 users are op due improve input modifiers, XIM+T2 said PC players are op due superior hardware and pontentially true hacks and cheating software, and we can chase that tail over and over and over...
« Last Edit: 01:26 PM - 11/30/21 by AMG »

Offline AMG

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 01:43 PM - 11/30/21 »

Well. If the game developers says it's cheating. It is. You can think the earth is flat if you want. It's still not a matter of opinion. Fact is fact. Flat earthers is free to believe the earth is flat as much as scripters think they are not cheaters.

They will get banned if caught.
They say using mouse and keyboard on unsupported game is cheating, so you are a cheater, because they said.

I'm fine they call me "cheater" I have called worse WAY worse on my PS account, I actually find it funny how someone, stop playing, search for your PS ID an go and write a hateful message with all the clumsy system of console messaging. XD

Funny how you make the Flat earthers reference when your mindset is so two dimensional too.

game developers should focus on gave us official mouse and keyboard support on consoles on their games just like we have it on PC where you can use M/KB or a controller, match-skill lobbies, effective anti-cheat, they should give us the option of crossplay... now we have it after many years fighting for it, but not to please players, is because is PROFITABLE .

Why they are reluctant to give us M/KB support on consoles?, you... you XIM user if you have 2-3 years, let me ask you this... how many controllers have you bought since you got XIM?, one maybe?. gamepads bussines is so profitable guys... wake up, you can see how are getting worse and worse with drift problems. Do you know that a gamepad real cost is about $10?

So, if you anti TT2 bothers don't having this extra help... just get one.

BTW you should be THANK FUL from T2 because its creator was key to help XIM to work with PS5 with the 3rd party controller, and he is working right now on a hardware base device to bring back PS5 support to T2 and XIM, so once ready and you get it... for those option B) guys you will be supporting the evil cheating empire XD. -LOL roll my eyes to the back of my neck  ::)
« Last Edit: 02:02 PM - 11/30/21 by AMG »

Offline Dodge

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 02:20 PM - 11/30/21 »
🤦

Offline montysweden

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 03:13 PM - 11/30/21 »
"They say using mouse and keyboard on unsupported game is cheating, so you are a cheater, because they said."

Show me where Dice said it is cheating to use m&k on their game.

Offline r0ox

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 03:30 PM - 11/30/21 »
This discussion is so pointless like it is 2007 again when first adaptors came out for PS3.

Any news about ST? Will be available this week?

Offline AMG

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 04:03 PM - 11/30/21 »
"They say using mouse and keyboard on unsupported game is cheating, so you are a cheater, because they said."

Show me where Dice said it is cheating to use m&k on their game.
You confuse me with someone who care about you. ;)

Offline AMG

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 04:05 PM - 11/30/21 »
This discussion is so pointless like it is 2007 again when first adaptors came out for PS3.

Not sure, one thing sure: mist4fun, is doing it right... I blind trust on his work ethic and commitment.

My guess: at the end of this week.
« Last Edit: 09:00 PM - 12/03/21 by AMG »

Offline tzerony

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 05:33 PM - 11/30/21 »

Not sure, one thing sure: mist4fun, is doing it right... I blind trust on his work ethic and commitment.

Lets hope so, I really dont wanna spend more time trying out different STs and configs...
PlayStation 5
XBOX Series X
XIM Apex
Titan 2

Offline AMG

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 08:15 PM - 11/30/21 »

Lets hope so, I really dont wanna spend more time trying out different STs and configs...
Yeah, lets hope the best, we get it earlier.

so BFV ST? didn't work for you?

Offline Ratha

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 03:11 AM - 12/01/21 »
Im starting to get worried about the delayed release of the ST, thinking there might be some problems with training it or it takes a bit longer to get it perfect , wishing for the latter.

On the side note of the whole scripting/automation discussion. Each to his own i think, but i voiced my opinion based on personal experience. Had the Titan two on release, used it in games like BF1 and CoD but in the end i sold it because it felt like an unfair advantage in many 1vs1 where i should of obviously lost. I remember there was this gun in CoD where you could rapid fire it with almost no speed cap and god, that thing was dirty.
 Maybe i sound a bit hypocrite for playing with an Xim in the first place , even tho i have friends that play on controllers (scuffs etc) that beast me. They tried Xim and cant see themselfs getting better than on controller so in the end its just a matter pf preference. I mean we're getting more and more games that are cross platform and matched against PC players. You could argue that AA is an advantage on Xim but i would argue otherwise, most of the time it gets in the way of building muscle memory.
 There are games on console that have native M&K support (I think Fortnite is one of them) havent tried it, dunno how it works. Sure anything is possible to do without the aid of a script because it doesnt brake the game mechanics and thats what separate the Pro players from the others and using devices like TT2 or cronus just cut that like shorter.
 Imagine rapid firing a weapon set on burst or one bullet mode, at the highest speed possible, while maintaning recoil on a high recoil gun, on a target at high distance , while moving and keeping your aim on the target. Not that easy to do , scripting comes in handy here and thats the reason i sold my TT2, felt too much of an advantage and while fun at first, it does not help you becoming a better player, i would argue its quite the opposite.

Admin