XIM Community

Battlefield 2042 ST  (Read 37278 times)

Offline AMG

• MVP
  • Gamer - Audiophile - Coder
    • View Profile
Re: Battlefield 2042 ST
« Reply #300 on: 10:10 PM - 01/07/22 »
I played BF2042 for weeks on PS5 with remote play, my PS friends stop playing so I jump to XBSX... man is so good, and PS is terrible in comparison.

@#$% Sony, it really sucks.

Offline Jacob smurfff

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Mercyforcarri
  • PSN ID: Mercyforcarri
« Reply #301 on: 01:18 AM - 01/08/22 »
Good settings for xbox series s please?

Offline LiMiT

• Couchgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: 08:39 AM - 01/14/22 »
FWIW:

The PS4 ST on PS5 (remote play) does not allow for micromovements.
Xbox Series ST on PS5 (remote play) does allow for micromovements, but suffer from "staircase" diagonal movements.

Offline ganzneu1975

• View Profile
« Reply #303 on: 11:29 PM - 01/17/22 »
FWIW:

The PS4 ST on PS5 (remote play) does not allow for micromovements.
Xbox Series ST on PS5 (remote play) does allow for micromovements, but suffer from "staircase" diagonal movements.
You can get rid of the stairs if you use the Xbox ST in the PS5 version (I do that too) by reducing the dead zone below, currently have 8 in it. Unfortunately, it then becomes a bit spongy.
I slightly adjusted the ballistic curve to counteract the spongy.
With the reduction, I also have the feeling that I can deal better with the target bubble.

Offline maxiedaniels2

• View Profile
« Reply #304 on: 10:47 PM - 07/19/22 »
Thank god for your post, Xbox ST works way better. How has the PS ST not been fixed??

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: 09:18 AM - 07/20/22 »
Thank god for your post, Xbox ST works way better. How has the PS ST not been fixed??

The PS4 ST supports the PS4 version of the game played on a PS4 and doesn't have these issues. Unfortunately PS5 is not a supported platform at this point so there is nothing to fix. We hope to support the PS5 platform in the future, if or when that happens there will be a PS5 ST.

Looking at recent posts, if micro movement feels better with the Xbox ST then a generic alpha may feel better after being tuned correctly. Generic alpha with a boost of 4200 may be a good start, raising boost if there's still a deadzone. Once that's finished then adjusting YX ratio then the ballistics curve in that order may provide a better experience on PS5.
« Last Edit: 09:24 AM - 07/20/22 by mist4fun »
Have a problem with your XIM? Find a solution
NEXUS Support FAQ | APEX Support FAQ | XIM4 Support FAQ | Instructional Videos

Admin