Re: Battlefield 2042 ST
« Reply #195 on: 05:13 AM - 12/04/21 »
the aiming in 2042 is bad, its not the ST

Offline Dodge

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: 06:02 AM - 12/04/21 »
Leave USA switched off and set Aim assist lower or better to off. If you use Universal soldier aim then use the HIP translator in ADS settings. It's not as smooth as BFV and that's not because of the ST. It's because of the game and they still have a lot to do.
Xim 1000hz | Viper V2 Pro 1000hz | 1800 DPI

Offline TSARGA

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: 06:22 AM - 12/04/21 »
The micromovements feel a bit off.

Offline Isnipex

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: 06:25 AM - 12/04/21 »
Something is up with ads aim, cant hit shots for the life of me. Coming from 5kd infantry kd on BFV.

Offline von90dead

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: 07:26 AM - 12/04/21 »
With very low value of Aim Assist in game setting for me this ST work perfectly.
If I put Aim Assist to hight level I feel a bubble around target and I've some difficult to hit enemy. But this a game problem.
Thanks for support.

Offline Dodge

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: 07:36 AM - 12/04/21 »
With very low value of Aim Assist in game setting for me this ST work perfectly.
If I put Aim Assist to hight level I feel a bubble around target and I've some difficult to hit enemy. But this a game problem.
Thanks for support.

A Value between 20 and a maximum of 40 should give enough aa but reduce the bubble significantly.
Xim 1000hz | Viper V2 Pro 1000hz | 1800 DPI

Offline BaronVanSqueegee

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: 09:28 AM - 12/04/21 »
the ST feels really bad tbh, theres still an acceleration from hip to ADS and it feels too sticky on ads....

somebody else feels the same?

Yes, especially long distance aim.

Offline Boltman

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: 10:34 AM - 12/04/21 »
I waited till after a full day with the BF2042 ST. I think the BFV ST feels a slight bit more responsive & accurate when aiming. But I'm just gonna keep using the BF2042 ST because I want to give it as much time as I've been using the BFV ST.
Keyboard replacement: Sony Move Navigation Controller l Mouse: Logitech G9x & G502 l Mousepad: MM400 l Controller: PS5 (PS4 hori fighting commander) l XIM: Apex l Gaming Monitor: LG 27UD68-W l Headset: Sony Pulse Wireless Headset

My old config/setup: https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=25362.msg306559#msg306559

Offline BaronVanSqueegee

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: 10:39 AM - 12/04/21 »
BF2042 ST feels great in close range. It feels like it struggles alot past 50 meters to break into the AA bubble (This wasn't the case with the BFV ST). Its definitely better than the BFV ST but needs tuning for longer range shots.

Offline Ratha

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: 10:40 AM - 12/04/21 »
Ok so the problem with the ST on PS5  is that the mouse doesnt register moves at very slow speeds , try it out. I tested at the same time with the BFV st and the BFV st doesnt have this problem.

Try loading the Xbox ST if you are playing on PS5 and its feels better, doesnt seem to have the problems mentioned above.

Why is the ST so bad on PS ? feels rushed.

Offline BaronVanSqueegee

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: 11:54 AM - 12/04/21 »
On Portal if you guys want to test with infinite reload against stationary bots use code: AAGKK5.

But assign password so no one joins your session.

Offline AMG

• MVP
  • Gamer - Audiophile - Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: 02:37 PM - 12/04/21 »
Thank you, so much mist4fun, really appreciate your work :D

Played little bit last night. I prefer when HIP and ADS aim sensitivity matches due muscle memory consistency but, in order to work with the go-to instructions, setting up Zoom values is a must.

So I went for the USA ON route, using the same setup from USA ON on BFV, with different zoom sensitivity values and the HIP translator on ADS config; it worked better for me, pretty smooth.
« Last Edit: 02:45 PM - 12/04/21 by AMG »

Offline AMG

• MVP
  • Gamer - Audiophile - Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: 06:25 PM - 12/04/21 »
I have some spare time to look-into BF2042, aim mechanics con the official ST.

I use my camera auto slider to test mouse 360's, test aim assist bubbles and all that crazy stuff.

Finally came up with a nice set of settings where aim tracking is spot-on, uniform for HIP and ADS, and Aim Assist has a nice magnetic feeling and easy to let you go for the next target, on PS5.

On XB Series X ST tracking feels better over all.

Offline Loki76

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: 07:17 PM - 12/04/21 »
I tried the 2042 ST and I don't know what it is, but it's not working at all for me. I can't use "USA" everything gets floaty and "disconnected" in aiming, using Hip translator doesn't help. So using USA is a no go. So using it normal. Well I quickly found out that the aiming for higher zoom scopes and I am talking just 3x like I would use on SVK all of a sudden is extremely low sensitivity.. So every single sight has a different aim sensitivity. That is VERY bad for getting muscle memory and it feels I have to fight hard to get the scope to move yet a normal red dot feels fine..

I've been using BFV ST and tweaked it and it actually feels good, I can use USA (universal soldier aiming) and aiming with any scope feels fine. Much easier to get a universal muscle memory to aiming.

So I don't know what's going on with the game or the 2042 ST, but it feels like using it, I am playing with someone else's settings, if you know what I mean. We all have our preferences. I just can't find a good spot/tweak using it..

So ironically I am sticking to ST of another game. I do so much better with BFV ST. Also the BFV and 2042 ST have the same "requirements" down to even deadzone stick settings. So what is really different?

I am not complaining, it's just this game is really bad on all platforms with aiming. The Aim Assist is totally messed up as well, don't know what they are doing.

I am just happy the BFV ST is viable.

Offline von90dead

• View Profile
« Reply #209 on: 07:25 PM - 12/04/21 »
Thanks for support.

A Value between 20 and a maximum of 40 should give enough aa but reduce the bubble significantly.

Ive put Soldier Aim Assist to 30. Work better for me.
But also Aim Assist Zoom Snap is to change for reduce bubble effect?

Admin