XIM Community

Info for remote play  (Read 4862 times)

Offline 6Tn1ne

• PTFO or @#$%
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Six-T-n1ne
Re: Info for remote play
« Reply #75 on: 08:01 AM - 11/29/21 »
Is your xim usb hub being powered? I had issues with remote play and discovered it was low power to the hub. Very odd but it worked on one laptop but not my other. I had to power the usb hub to get it to work.

Tried on 2 different laptops and both giving me the same problems.
Strange thing is, it worked after I borrowed a DS4.
When I bought one for myself, it didn't anymore.

I'm asking the guy who lend me the controller to give it to me one more time.
Curious if it's a "controller-thing".
 :o

But: Powering the hub ?
How do I know it's to low powered ?
« Last Edit: 08:19 AM - 11/29/21 by 6Tn1ne »
PS5/Samsung 980 Pro + Be Quiet ! MC1*XIM Apex*Ducky One 2 mini*Logitech G403 Prodigy*LG 27UK600-W*Corsair Virtuoso SE wireless

Offline Scrotesmd2

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 01:42 PM - 11/29/21 »
Yeah the xim 4 flashed and didn't initialise as normal. I can't remember what colour it went maybe yellow. The other thing that happened was my PS4 controller didn't light up also, normally the light bar came on when it connects buy it didn't when the hub had low power.   I randomly had a tiny charger that powered the usb hub, it's a tiny low voltage connection. Maybe even try connecting it with just the controller and xim with the hub as a test.  I can't use remote play on my laptop without the xim hub being powered, it also looked like I had a driver issue on windows when I plugged it in.

Offline willthetech

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 06:21 PM - 11/29/21 »
Please shoot me ......

Got everything working with a borrowed DS V2.
Bought one for my own now and now it isn't working any more ?

It's fully charged, but the controller has orange lights as if it's charging ?
So when I connect the controller (blue/on), it changes to orange.
Sometimes it stays blue but my PS5 keeps scrolling through all apps en starts up a game by itself.
It says: gamestorage is busy and everyhing goes bananas on my PS.
Tried on 2 different laptops btw......

I'm getting fed up with this bs, not been able to play a decent game.
Thinking about selling the XIM and look for other options.

Did you try following the instructions here?

https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=95975.0

I had issues with Dual sense, once I started using a 2.0 usb hub all issues went away. just a suggestion, I know its frustrating :(

Bought me a hub.
Same @#$% .......
I'm running out of options and hope right now  >:(

Controller doesn't start/stays idle or asks for an account.
Either way, nothing works.

here is my set up...Nav in port 3, mouse in port 2 and dual sense in port 1, then the xim to my usb hub 2.0 then to to PC. I have to unplug the NAV, before plugging the USB hun in to the PC. then once the controller had the bright light, I plug the NAV. Then launch Remote play...try moving the controller from 1 to 3...see if it helps. My new usb 2.0 is not powered FYI

Offline 6Tn1ne

• PTFO or @#$%
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 04:11 AM - 11/30/21 »
Yeah the xim 4 flashed and didn't initialise as normal. I can't remember what colour it went maybe yellow. The other thing that happened was my PS4 controller didn't light up also, normally the light bar came on when it connects buy it didn't when the hub had low power.   I randomly had a tiny charger that powered the usb hub, it's a tiny low voltage connection. Maybe even try connecting it with just the controller and xim with the hub as a test.  I can't use remote play on my laptop without the xim hub being powered, it also looked like I had a driver issue on windows when I plugged it in.

Thnx mate, I've got something to work on  ;)
PS5/Samsung 980 Pro + Be Quiet ! MC1*XIM Apex*Ducky One 2 mini*Logitech G403 Prodigy*LG 27UK600-W*Corsair Virtuoso SE wireless

Offline 6Tn1ne

• PTFO or @#$%
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 04:14 AM - 11/30/21 »
here is my set up...Nav in port 3, mouse in port 2 and dual sense in port 1, then the xim to my usb hub 2.0 then to to PC. I have to unplug the NAV, before plugging the USB hun in to the PC. then once the controller had the bright light, I plug the NAV. Then launch Remote play...try moving the controller from 1 to 3...see if it helps. My new usb 2.0 is not powered FYI

Thnx, have the day off.
Another day in paradise, will check !  ;)

(edit) Just tried:
1. Controller turns orange when everything is powered up..
2. Error from Windows, USB device not recognized and causes an error.
3. Shuts down the controller.

Tried this with the DS4, Dual Sense won't light up at all.........
« Last Edit: 07:21 AM - 11/30/21 by 6Tn1ne »

Offline Snoofy

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 07:03 AM - 11/30/21 »
Yes in that case the total delay will be around 1 millisecond, so you will not notice a difference to playing with your XIM directly connected to the console.

With the Beloader can I connect the PS5 to the internet via cable or do I have to use the WIFI also for the PS5?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 08:18 AM - 11/30/21 »
Yes in that case the total delay will be around 1 millisecond, so you will not notice a difference to playing with your XIM directly connected to the console.

With the Beloader can I connect the PS5 to the internet via cable or do I have to use the WIFI also for the PS5?

Yes you can connect the PS5 via ethernet to the router. You could also run the PS5 on 5ghz Wifi and the Beloader on 2.4ghz.
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline Scrotesmd2

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 09:05 AM - 11/30/21 »

Sounds very like the issue I had with low usb power , usb not recognised was the exact message I got

Thnx, have the day off.
Another day in paradise, will check !  ;)

(edit) Just tried:
1. Controller turns orange when everything is powered up..
2. Error from Windows, USB device not recognized and causes an error.
3. Shuts down the controller.

Tried this with the DS4, Dual Sense won't light up at all.........

Offline Boltman

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 09:21 AM - 11/30/21 »
I've never managed to get any other controller than a DualShock V2 to work with remote play on macos, or windows, so if you're on a laptop I suspect that your controller is what is causing the issue. Can't guarantee it, but I've used remote play on a number of laptops, with both macos and windows, and it's always worked with a DSv2

Will try tomorrow, borrowing a DS V2.
Thnx for your input  :)

Make sure it's an official Sony DS4 V2.

I originally bought one that was only $30 or so and it had the Sony packaging etc. But it registered on my laptop as a hori controller so it didn't work. Found an old used proper DS4 V2 and boom! Everything works flawlessly every time I fire it up.
Keyboard replacement: Sony Move Navigation Controller l Mouse: Logitech G9x & G502 l Mousepad: MM400 l Controller: PS5 (PS4 hori fighting commander) l XIM: Apex l Gaming Monitor: LG 27UD68-W l Headset: Sony Pulse Wireless Headset

My old config/setup: https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=25362.msg306559#msg306559

Offline 6Tn1ne

• PTFO or @#$%
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 01:11 PM - 11/30/21 »

I originally bought one that was only $30 or so and it had the Sony packaging etc. But it registered on my laptop as a hori controller so it didn't work. Found an old used proper DS4 V2 and boom! Everything works flawlessly every time I fire it up.

Mine registered as a "wireless controller".
Tomorrow I'm getting the controller back that worked before.
Almost convinced it will work, reading your comment.

Offline Boltman

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 01:53 PM - 11/30/21 »

Good luck bro! Let us know how it works out. I agree with you, I think it'll go smooth.
Keyboard replacement: Sony Move Navigation Controller l Mouse: Logitech G9x & G502 l Mousepad: MM400 l Controller: PS5 (PS4 hori fighting commander) l XIM: Apex l Gaming Monitor: LG 27UD68-W l Headset: Sony Pulse Wireless Headset

My old config/setup: https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=25362.msg306559#msg306559

Offline 6Tn1ne

• PTFO or @#$%
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 01:58 PM - 12/02/21 »

Good luck bro! Let us know how it works out. I agree with you, I think it'll go smooth.

Hallelujah !

It worked like a charm.
So my controller was the bottleneck.

How do you know if you got a legit DS4 controller ?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #87 on: 04:09 PM - 12/02/21 »
FYI -

A legit DualShock 4 V1 will register as Hori Controller on Windows.
A legit DualShock 4 V2 will register as Wireless Controller on Windows.
A DS4 V2 is needed for Remote Play.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline 6Tn1ne

• PTFO or @#$%
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 04:22 PM - 12/02/21 »
FYI -

Strange, because my controller registered as wireless controller but didn't work on RP.
That's why I asked the question  ;)

Offline Boltman

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 08:17 PM - 12/02/21 »

Hallelujah !

It worked like a charm.
So my controller was the bottleneck.

How do you know if you got a legit DS4 controller ?

Dude that's awesome! Congrats. Honestly I don't know signature wise, but two things came to mind, one was the weight and the other was the model number & stickers on the back.

FYI -

I remember being kinda surprised when you told me this in discord the other day. That's why I was surprised he couldn't connect on remote play when his controller first registered as 'wireless'.