XIM Community

Info for remote play  (Read 4775 times)

Offline Iamsupreme11

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Khaos214
Re: Info for remote play
« Reply #60 on: 12:07 PM - 11/19/21 »
Can't get it to work guys.
XIM Apex connected to my laptop with a Dual Sense controller.

When remote play is connected, my DS disconnects.
When I reconnect my DS, my connection to remote play is lost.
Strangely, this happens when my DS is connected to my XIM, but also when it's NOT connected to my XIM ?

As I have seen, it's a power issue ?
Nothing else has been connected to my laptop, only the XIM.

Will a Dual Shock V2 solve my problem ?
Don't have one yet but I want to be sure before I do.

Every input will be highly appreciated as I just received my BF 2042 copy.........

Turn your control pad on but do not log into an account. As soon as you do remote play crashes. Instead connect to xim and then insert the xim. The user screen will close automatically and you値l be able to use your devices

Offline sizzerb

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 02:05 PM - 11/19/21 »
If you wait my work , a pi2 is enough so buy the cheaper pi :)

wow despite 25K DPI 1000Hz and purple lights, it runs more smoothly than the original version. How did she do that?  you can tell that they have dealt with it.  I would buy it now if I could.  I kiss your soul if you improve it.

I am very amazed how well your work turned out.  do you think you can be a Beloader for raspberry pi.

Where can I get this software to load onto my P4? I already have 2 of them laying around

https://github-wiki-see.page/m/Fredrum/chiaki/wiki/Chiaki-for-the-Raspberry-Pi

apex_vi still to release/offer his version.

You must wait for my version  ,like i said before, i'll modify chiaki to see if the "concept" work.
Now i'm currently rewrite from scratch. At this time, the rewrite software is functionnal with better performance ( include response ) but not yet ready for distribution.

I'm really looking forward to your final version

Edit:
Today the very first multiplayer played on PlayStation 5 Since the XIM has lost the PlayStation 5 connection.  i missed it

9/1

i like their work very much
« Last Edit: 02:38 PM - 11/19/21 by sizzerb »
PS5 withe Samsung 980 Pro 1TB be quiet! MC1 Cooler// XBox Series X// Xim Apex// Titan Two// Creative Sound Blaster X7 Limited Edition// Creative BT-W2// beyerdynamic MMX Gen.2// Sennheiser Game One// Fritzbox 6591//  2x Fritzbox 7590// Logitech G502 Hero// Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum// AOC U2879VF// SteelSeries QcK+// ROCCAT Taito Control//

Offline 6Tn1ne

• PTFO or @#$%
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Six-T-n1ne
« Reply #62 on: 04:33 PM - 11/19/21 »
I've never managed to get any other controller than a DualShock V2 to work with remote play on macos, or windows, so if you're on a laptop I suspect that your controller is what is causing the issue. Can't guarantee it, but I've used remote play on a number of laptops, with both macos and windows, and it's always worked with a DSv2

Will try tomorrow, borrowing a DS V2.
Thnx for your input  :)
PS5/Samsung 980 Pro + Be Quiet ! MC1*XIM Apex*Ducky One 2 mini*Logitech G403 Prodigy*LG 27UK600-W*Corsair Virtuoso SE wireless

Offline 6Tn1ne

• PTFO or @#$%
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 04:50 PM - 11/19/21 »
Turn your control pad on but do not log into an account. As soon as you do remote play crashes. Instead connect to xim and then insert the xim. The user screen will close automatically and you値l be able to use your devices

My userscreen doesn't close, it still wants me to select my profile ......
-Connected to remote play on my laptop.
-Turned on the controller but did not select my profile, connected to the Apex hub.
-Connected Apex to my laptop.
-Userscreen is still on.

PS5/Samsung 980 Pro + Be Quiet ! MC1*XIM Apex*Ducky One 2 mini*Logitech G403 Prodigy*LG 27UK600-W*Corsair Virtuoso SE wireless

Offline Squirelly666

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 05:02 PM - 11/19/21 »
Finally got round to having a play with my RPi 3B+ and XIM tonight and got it working, had a couple of hours on BF2042 and AL and not noticed any problems. I have my RPi in a MegaPI case, next to my PS5 in my media center, no screen attached, just ethernet and XIM apex.

My C++ is a little rusty, so didn't bother going into working out how to just use the controller protocol, and run from the command prompt, as I just wanted a quick a dirty solution. I might look into in future, but it sounds like apex_vip might beat me to it  ;D

For anyone else wanting to try a similar solution now, here is how I set it up (by the way this isn't a "tutorial" I haven't got the time, or the patience, to do a detailed write up, so if you try this, it's probably best if you have a little pi/linux experience):

1 - Setup Raspbian Desktop on SDcard using etcher/raspbian image maker, or whatever tool you prefer

2 - Let Raspbian do it's updates etc. on first boot

3 - Use raspbian desktop to give the pi a fixed IP address, so you can SSH in (if you want to)

4 - open terminal on raspbian and run raspi-config

5- in system, change boot option to autologin desktop (this may be the default can't remember), enable SSH in the interface section, and turn on "wait for network" in the boot options (I enable SSH because I find it easier to use my laptop to do cli stuff, as I can cut and paste from webpages etc. a lot easier)

6 - Reboot your PI and you should be at the desktop. Now either connect via ssh, or use the terminal on the pi, and..

7 - Follow instructions here https://github-wiki-see.page/m/Fredrum/chiaki/wiki/Chiaki-for-the-Raspberry-Pi to download, build and install chiaki, making sure to include all the steps for bullseye.

8 - reboot your pi and once again you should be back at the desktop, then ...

9 - run your built chiaki, and follow the instructions on how to get your account id and pin number, needed to setup remote play on your ps5 here https://git.sr.ht/~thestr4ng3r/chiaki#usage

10- test chiaki, in the desktop environment to make sure it all works properly. At this stage you should also change the settings, to turn off "ask" on disconnect, to "do nothing", or "sleep" as you prefer, otherwise whenever you disconnect their will be a window prompt on your pi, that you can't respond to if you don't have a screen/keyboard attached. I would also recommend turning the resolution down to 360p as you won't be seeing it anyway, why waste the cpu/bandwidth :)

11 - now, using the instructions here https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/how-to-run-a-raspberry-pi-program-on-startup#method-2-autostart, create an autostart setting file for chiaki. for Exec use the full path (not a home ~ ref) to the build from the previous step, and pass --retropie as a command line argument to it. I used a folder called chiaki in my home directory to clone the git repo to, so my chiaki.desktop file looks like this:

[Desktop Entry]
Type=Application
Name=Chiaki
Exec=/home/pi/chiaki/build/gui/chiaki --retropie

12 - now reboot your pi, and once it is back up and running it should boot straight into chiaki and connect to the first console you set up above

13 - while running chiaki in this "retropie" mode pressing "R3-circle" on your controller will exit chiaki, and disconnect from the ps5 (if you want to of course)

14 - now to shutdown your pi safely, you will need to SSH into the machine and "sudo shutdown now". you can also pull the power, but that has the possibility to corrupt the file system so is not recommended. Another way (and the way I use) is to use a case that has some sort of "safe shutdown" mechanism/script that allows you to hit the power switch, and it will safely close down itself. I use the MegaPI case from retroflag, and it's safe shutdown script works fine for my setup.

All done. All you should need plugged into the pi from now on is ethernet, and your xim/controller of choice. Just make sure you turn your PS5 on first and let it boot fully, then with your xim connected to the pi, turn the pi on and wait for the "remote connection" notification on PS5 and you are all set to go.

Hope this helps

Offline Squirelly666

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 05:04 PM - 11/19/21 »

-Turned on the controller but did not select my profile, connected to the Apex hub.
-Userscreen is still on.

How/Why are you turning your controller on before you connect the apex to your laptop?? this might be the problem, is your controller bluetooth paired to your console?

You should connect your, turned off, controller to the xim, and then plug it all into the laptop, and let the xim turn the controller on as part of it's boot process. Then the laptop should see the xim, as though it was that controller

Offline sizzerb

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 05:10 PM - 11/19/21 »

-Userscreen is still on.

never got it right before, not until today.  I'll tell you how I did it.  I took a controller DS V2 and logged in with my account, switched off the controller DS V2 again.  Xim Mous and keyboard connected in the hub.  then plugged into the raspberry pi.  dualsens only afterwards.  that's how it works for me.
PS5 withe Samsung 980 Pro 1TB be quiet! MC1 Cooler// XBox Series X// Xim Apex// Titan Two// Creative Sound Blaster X7 Limited Edition// Creative BT-W2// beyerdynamic MMX Gen.2// Sennheiser Game One// Fritzbox 6591//  2x Fritzbox 7590// Logitech G502 Hero// Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum// AOC U2879VF// SteelSeries QcK+// ROCCAT Taito Control//

Offline 6Tn1ne

• PTFO or @#$%
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 04:08 PM - 11/20/21 »
As you guys mentioned, a Dual Shock does the job.
Don稚 know why a Dual Sense doesn稚 work bu I知 happy.

Thnx all for your input !  8)

Offline 6Tn1ne

• PTFO or @#$%
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 02:59 AM - 11/24/21 »
Please shoot me ......

Got everything working with a borrowed DS V2.
Bought one for my own now and now it isn't working any more ?

It's fully charged, but the controller has orange lights as if it's charging ?
So when I connect the controller (blue/on), it changes to orange.
Sometimes it stays blue but my PS5 keeps scrolling through all apps en starts up a game by itself.
It says: gamestorage is busy and everyhing goes bananas on my PS.
Tried on 2 different laptops btw......

I'm getting fed up with this bs, not been able to play a decent game.
Thinking about selling the XIM and look for other options.
« Last Edit: 08:28 AM - 11/24/21 by 6Tn1ne »

Offline Squirelly666

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 10:54 AM - 11/24/21 »
Please shoot me ......

Sometimes it stays blue but my PS5 keeps scrolling through all apps en starts up a game by itself.

When you connect the controller to your xim, it shouldn't have any lights on.

It should be completely turned off, then the xim will turn it on, once you connect the whole thing to your laptop. If you turn the dualshock on before you connect it to the xim, it will connect to whatever console it is paired with wirelessly, and won't work with the xim.

Offline willthetech

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 11:16 AM - 11/24/21 »
Please shoot me ......

Did you try following the instructions here?

https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=95975.0

I had issues with Dual sense, once I started using a 2.0 usb hub all issues went away. just a suggestion, I know its frustrating :(

Offline 6Tn1ne

• PTFO or @#$%
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 03:35 PM - 11/24/21 »
Pretty frustrating indeed.
I did everything you guys said but it's no use.

When I connect the XIM to the laptop, the controller turns orange and the laptop says the usb device is not recognized and causes an error.
This sucks monkeyballs.

Offline elcabone

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: elcabone_84
« Reply #72 on: 07:22 PM - 11/24/21 »
Pretty frustrating indeed.
I did everything you guys said but it's no use.

When I connect the XIM to the laptop, the controller turns orange and the laptop says the usb device is not recognized and causes an error.
This sucks monkeyballs.

Try to kick off the Xim from the device manager an replug it or try another usb port.

I had the same problems.

Offline 6Tn1ne

• PTFO or @#$%
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 03:05 AM - 11/29/21 »
Please shoot me ......

Did you try following the instructions here?

https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=95975.0

I had issues with Dual sense, once I started using a 2.0 usb hub all issues went away. just a suggestion, I know its frustrating :(

Bought me a hub.
Same @#$% .......
I'm running out of options and hope right now  >:(

Controller doesn't start/stays idle or asks for an account.
Either way, nothing works.

« Last Edit: 03:47 AM - 11/29/21 by 6Tn1ne »

Offline Scrotesmd2

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 07:37 AM - 11/29/21 »
Is your xim usb hub being powered? I had issues with remote play and discovered it was low power to the hub. Very odd but it worked on one laptop but not my other. I had to power the usb hub to get it to work.