XIM Community

Headphones mic advice Xbox series x  (Read 406 times)

Offline Pete1564

• View Profile
Headphones mic advice Xbox series x
« on: 01:14 PM - 12/04/21 »
Recommendation please.
First time Xbox user - got series x today and tried razer USB h/phone mic from my ps5 and they donít work at all. Itís as if they arenít recognised, as sound continues from speakers.
Not looking for a solution, just a recommendation for headphones with mic and the best way to set them up with series x and apex. Iím in uk for retailers etc
Thanks in advance.

Offline PixelSquish

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: TahiniMeanie
Re: Headphones mic advice Xbox series x
« Reply #1 on: 04:44 PM - 12/06/21 »
Recommendation please.
First time Xbox user - got series x today and tried razer USB h/phone mic from my ps5 and they donít work at all. Itís as if they arenít recognised, as sound continues from speakers.
Not looking for a solution, just a recommendation for headphones with mic and the best way to set them up with series x and apex. Iím in uk for retailers etc
Thanks in advance.

headphones for the xbox have to be designed for the xbox and vice versa for the ps5. they are not cross compatible.

Offline Oskool

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10:56 PM - 12/06/21 »
I'd echo antithesis' recommendation of the Philips Fidelio X2HR headphones with V-Moda Boom Pro microphone.

This headset has a lot of positive reviews, and is on rtings.com best open-back headphones list. It should work on both PS5 and Xbox by plugging into the controller.

There's also the Drop + Sennheiser PC38X Gaming Headset if you don't mind a flip-up microphone that's not removable.

Philips Fidelio X2HR/00 with a V-Moda Boom Pro. Replace the X2 headphone cable with the Boom Pro. Connect to the Xbox controller. Buy the Dolby Atmos app on Xbox and enable it for headphones. Boom.

These cans and mic work on all gaming platforms, as well as phones, tablets, TVs etc...anything with a 3.5mm jack. The cans are super-comfortable, built like a tank, only 30 Ohms to drive and sound awesome. And you'll pick up the X2 + Boom Pro for around $200 USD.

I've used Fidelio X2 (original model) with the Boom Pro daily for 7 years. I run them through a Creative X7 AMP/DAC for console gaming. Next-gen controller audio is within spitting distance of the X7 and the 3D positional audio cues are arguably superior.

The only thing I've needed to do with my X2 cans is replace the ear cups after 5 years with after-market ones from BrainWavz. I bought the X2HR/00 model and a Boom Pro for my son recently. They sound exactly the same, so I bought another X2HR/00 set for myself, in case the X2s ever break.

I also bought the Fidelio X3 model. They're tighter across the head, less comfortable to wear over extended periods, the soundscape is less robust and the cans have separate cables, so can't be paired with a Boom Pro. In other words, don't get the newer Fidelio model - it's a more expensive, less capable "upgrade".

Offline Pete1564

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01:05 AM - 12/07/21 »
Thanks for taking time to reply. Will look into both suggestions. Thanks again 👍

Offline Oskool

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06:57 AM - 12/07/21 »
You're welcome. I'm not sure if these headsets will work on PS5 over remote play though. Does anyone know if headsets plugged into the controller work with remote play?
« Last Edit: 08:58 AM - 12/07/21 by Oskool »

Admin