XIM Community

XIM4 + PS4 slim + V2 Dualshock = Headset wont work on 3.5mm controller jack  (Read 222 times)

Offline joja_dc

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: joja_dc
Hello, I need help on my headset, because i cannot hear anything with this setup:
Mouse: Logitech G304 lightspeed wireless
Keyboard: Royal Kludge RK 84 (connected through 2.4 GHz) - also tried with RGB lights off.
Headset: Logitech G335 wired through 3.5mm audio jack on dualshock, also tried another regular earphone
Dualshock V2 (with lightbar on touchpad)
communication method : set to USB (instead of bluetooth)

actually if i plug the headset, I got notification that the audio is switched to headset, I also try to change the audio output from chat only to all audio, but still no luck.

I already have a USB soundcard, it works well, problem is the volume is too small.
so I think if I can get the audio from the dualshock, it would be better.

additional information:
- no PS camera
- i already unplug the usb soundcard when i tried on dualshock method
- no usb cable extension
- I have optical out from PS4 to Fosi Audio DAC-Q4
- push to talk also turned off

what am i missing? do i need usb hub? or any other troubleshooting?
thanks in advance
« Last Edit: 07:00 AM - 11/03/21 by joja_dc »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Unfortunately XIM4 doesn't support controller connected chat on PS4. APEX does support this feature but there are limitations of PS4 audio that should be known. Your v2 DS4 is needed for controller connected chat with APEX but your soundcard won't be compatible while using the v2 DS4. If you would like to go back to the soundcard while using APEX then a v1 DS4 will be needed. This is due to a limitation with the amount of audio sources the PS4 supports.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline joja_dc

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: joja_dc
Unfortunately XIM4 doesn't support controller connected chat on PS4. APEX does support this feature but there are limitations of PS4 audio that should be known. Your v2 DS4 is needed for controller connected chat with APEX but your soundcard won't be compatible while using the v2 DS4. If you would like to go back to the soundcard while using APEX then a v1 DS4 will be needed. This is due to a limitation with the amount of audio sources the PS4 supports.

Thank you for the prompt reply, so i guess i will stick to my soundcard using v1 controller.

Admin