XIM Community

Did you get the sample?  (Read 29987 times)

Offline Loki76

• View Profile
Re: Did you get the sample?
« Reply #270 on: 04:08 AM - 11/27/21 »
Wired Remote Play will be better than what they're selling. Do that instead, if you can. Wired Remote Play is less than 1ms and is faster than a direct USB connection (a minimum of 1ms).

If you don't have a PC, Mac or PS4, then a Beloader is the next best option, if you can't make your own Raspberry Pi Chiaki Remote Play client. That said, Beloader seems to be faster and more efficient than Chiaki. Personally, as impressive as the Beloader's wifi performance may be, I'll be waiting for something better to come along.

I'm not trying to poop on the PS5 picnic, but be realistic with expectations. This is not the golden bullet that'll solve the PS5 DualSense problem and PS5 is not likely to be supported by XIM as a result of Beloader's release.

Beloader is a workaround for PS5, similar to the specialty third-party PS4 controllers we all have gathering dust. Remote Play is more likely to be supported well into the future by Sony, so it's a solid workaround.

Sony remote play to PC is 1080p resolution only..
If this Beloader can just do the inputs and keep the game at 4K resolution, it would be the better choice.
One is a severe downgrade and might as well play PS4 games, the other keeps the game looking like it should..

Now I don't know which is true yet. But that would be the big difference that would make the Beloader a better option.

Offline Cookies2Eat

• View Profile
« Reply #271 on: 04:15 AM - 11/27/21 »
@Loki76

It was mentioned a million times man...

In every case (beloader, remote play, pi, etc) you're not using video from 2nd device. It's just an input device. The screen is connected directly to PS5 and your video and audio output is going FROM PS5.

Offline Boltman

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: 04:28 AM - 11/27/21 »
@Loki76

It was mentioned a million times man...

In every case (beloader, remote play, pi, etc) you're not using video from 2nd device. It's just an input device. The screen is connected directly to PS5 and your video and audio output is going FROM PS5.

And on top of that he's wrong about it only being 1080. You can set it down to 360 and that's fine because you're looking at the output of your PS5 not the pc.
Keyboard replacement: Sony Move Navigation Controller l Mouse: Logitech G9x & G502 l Mousepad: MM400 l Controller: PS5 (PS4 hori fighting commander) l XIM: Apex l Gaming Monitor: LG 27UD68-W l Headset: Sony Pulse Wireless Headset

My old config/setup: https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=25362.msg306559#msg306559

Offline Kostas

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Kostas
« Reply #273 on: 01:23 PM - 11/27/21 »
Hello to all , im trying to get a beloader and im keep getting that message

The requested action could not be performed, semantically incorrect, or failed business validation.

Anyone knows why .

Offline Snoofy

• View Profile
« Reply #274 on: 07:02 AM - 11/30/21 »
With the Beloader can I connect the PS5 to the internet via cable or do I have to use the WIFI also for the PS5?

Offline maasman

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: wCbriLL
  • PSN ID: wCbriLL
« Reply #275 on: 07:56 AM - 11/30/21 »
With the Beloader can I connect the PS5 to the internet via cable or do I have to use the WIFI also for the PS5?

ps5 with ethernet cable. and with the beloader wifi

Offline Wittmann

• View Profile
« Reply #276 on: 09:04 AM - 11/30/21 »
I played 5 hours with (Wi-Fi 4) 2.4GHz

and feel good  :)

« Last Edit: 10:38 PM - 11/30/21 by Wittmann »

Offline xoinkx

• View Profile
« Reply #277 on: 11:09 AM - 11/30/21 »
I played 5 hours with WIFI5 2.4GHz

Not a valid %s URL

How long did the delivery take?
Duty paid?

Offline Y

• View Profile
« Reply #278 on: 03:31 PM - 11/30/21 »

]

What games did you play? And does Spotify work?

I have macbook pro and I have to pay the same amount of money as Beloader cost to buy an ethernet switch + ethernet cables + ethernet adapter

Which one do you recommend for the best performance? wired remote paly or beloader?

Offline theoriginalkar

• View Profile
« Reply #279 on: 04:53 PM - 11/30/21 »

Not a valid %s URL

How long did the delivery take?
Duty paid?

I just ordered mine a few days ago (shipped today to Canada). This is what the tracking number says:

13 Dec 2021 - 17 Dec 2021, 14 - 18 days remaining

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #280 on: 06:13 PM - 11/30/21 »
I have macbook pro and I have to pay the same amount of money as Beloader cost to buy an ethernet switch + ethernet cables + ethernet adapter

Which one do you recommend for the best performance? wired remote paly or beloader?
Ethernet will be faster and more stable. Also, Beloader doesn't support Mac for device setup.

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Wittmann

• View Profile
« Reply #281 on: 11:40 PM - 11/30/21 »

What games did you play? And does Spotify work?

Spotify doesn’t work

I played Battlefield 2042

My set
PS5 with Wired
Beloader WiFi4 2.4GHz

Offline Boltman

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: 08:01 AM - 12/01/21 »
There are quite a few apps you can't use during remote play (I've tried). Spotify, YouTube, any of the show watching apps (Amazon, Netflix, HBO etc). Yes it sucks but if I'm using my remote play setup it's only to play BF2042. If I'm watching stuff then I just use the dualsense and no remote play.
Keyboard replacement: Sony Move Navigation Controller l Mouse: Logitech G9x & G502 l Mousepad: MM400 l Controller: PS5 (PS4 hori fighting commander) l XIM: Apex l Gaming Monitor: LG 27UD68-W l Headset: Sony Pulse Wireless Headset

My old config/setup: https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=25362.msg306559#msg306559

Offline Loki11

• View Profile
« Reply #283 on: 12:18 PM - 12/02/21 »
Hello, can i play via ethernet cable on beloader ? I was watching the guide but I don't understand English very much. how can you describe it?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #284 on: 02:16 PM - 12/02/21 »
Hello, can i play via ethernet cable on beloader ? I was watching the guide but I don't understand English very much. how can you describe it?
Beloader is wireless. The PS5 should be wired for the lowest input lag.

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Admin