XIM Community

Did you get the sample?  (Read 29986 times)

Offline Iamsupreme11

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Khaos214
Re: Did you get the sample?
« Reply #120 on: 02:08 PM - 11/18/21 »
Says that theyíve sold over 300 products on the buy page. Wonder how correct that is

Offline facade

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: xi scion ix
  • PSN ID: SeneschalGrigori
« Reply #121 on: 02:10 PM - 11/18/21 »
Jesus, I think that was around 100 when I tried.

I guess just locally for them for now. Of course at this point I'm sure it will sell out there and be resold to us for a hefty markup.

Offline Sinik001

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Sinik001
« Reply #122 on: 02:42 PM - 11/18/21 »
Any news ? i try a lot, but no location for my Country

Offline Yungie

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 02:47 PM - 11/18/21 »
Jesus, I think that was around 100 when I tried.

I guess just locally for them for now. Of course at this point I'm sure it will sell out there and be resold to us for a hefty markup.

Thatíll be messed up if they allow something like that.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #124 on: 03:24 PM - 11/18/21 »
Its already out and can be bought now:
https://www.beloader.com/product/index/details/id/38895.htm
Twenty 5 star reviews for a product that isn’t available yet - now that’s believable testimony  ::)

How do they handle the PSN Remote Play login Od1n? Is it stored in any format on the device? That's my biggest concern with this device and there's no way I'll use it if it has access to my PSN login.

Again, this is just a wireless Remote Play dongle. If you have the ability to use Ethernet Remote Play from PC, Mac or PS4, use that instead. It’s faster, more reliable and more secure.
« Last Edit: 04:17 PM - 11/18/21 by antithesis »

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Morgs91

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Morgs91
« Reply #125 on: 03:26 PM - 11/18/21 »
Hey guys,

so just to confirm what has been said previously. Wired remote play will basically be the same result as buying this new dongle?

I mainly play D2 and I remember right at the beginning for ps5 that playing over remote play before the workaround was pretty good actually. Are you saying that the input delay added by going over the remote play network with an ethernet cable is not that much different to direct input to the ps5?

I am not too phased about it all as D2 works fine still, but I have a sneaking suspicion that when Witch Queen is launched it will be dual sense only again.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #126 on: 03:29 PM - 11/18/21 »
Wired Remote Play will be better than what they're selling. Do that instead, if you can. Wired Remote Play is less than 1ms and is faster than a direct USB connection (a minimum of 1ms).

If you don't have a PC, Mac or PS4, then a Beloader is the next best option, if you can't make your own Raspberry Pi Chiaki Remote Play client. That said, Beloader seems to be faster and more efficient than Chiaki. Personally, as impressive as the Beloader's wifi performance may be, I'll be waiting for something better to come along.

I'm not trying to poop on the PS5 picnic, but be realistic with expectations. This is not the golden bullet that'll solve the PS5 DualSense problem and PS5 is not likely to be supported by XIM as a result of Beloader's release.

Beloader is a workaround for PS5, similar to the specialty third-party PS4 controllers we all have gathering dust. Remote Play is more likely to be supported well into the future by Sony, so it's a solid workaround.
« Last Edit: 04:48 PM - 11/18/21 by antithesis »

Offline facade

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 03:37 PM - 11/18/21 »

Again, this is just a wireless Remote Play dongle. If you have the ability to use Ethernet Remote Play from PC, Mac or PS4, use that instead. Itís faster, more reliable and more secure.

That's where I'm at. I need something small to have in the area. My PC is upstairs in the computer room and wife already doesn't like the fact I have a PS5 + Series X in the living room taking up tons of space (along with stereo equipment). Having a 3rd console there (PS4 pro) just sitting there for no reason other than "remote play" simply won't happen so I need something small to take advantage (which would either be this device or perhaps the Pi method w/a Pi4 via ethernet)

When we actually get a house and out of our rental this will all be moot as I'll have my "man cave" which we have the agreement that I can keep all my electronic stuff in there (which is way too much considering the other 5 consoles I have) w/no issues and I couldn't care less about what she wants to decorate the rest of the home with.

Offline Morgs91

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Morgs91
« Reply #128 on: 03:43 PM - 11/18/21 »
Sweet, guess I am one of the lucky ones with a PC,PS5 and  Router all side by side :D

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #129 on: 03:53 PM - 11/18/21 »
Convenience is the sales pitch here. Wireless will always be slower than wired. Security is a concern.

Those who use 500 or 1000Hz Response Rate on XIM APEX might want to consider dropping down to 125 or 250Hz with Beloader.

Offline Hellbound

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 04:11 PM - 11/18/21 »
I've very hesitant to get this.. I'm hoping this thing is thoroughly being tested.

-For any reason, will we be needing to plug this device into a PC?
-Does this device pull/inject ANY info from your pc or PS5 (psn login/password, access files, etc.)
-Have you measured any additional input lag? If so, how much??

I'm hesitant because this is a USB device from an unknown Chinese company.

Offline facade

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 04:32 PM - 11/18/21 »
Sweet, guess I am one of the lucky ones with a PC,PS5 and  Router all side by side :D

Prior to getting married 6 years ago that was also me lol

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #132 on: 04:47 PM - 11/18/21 »
-Does this device pull/inject ANY info from your pc or PS5 (psn login/password, access files, etc.)

Yes, you need to plug it into your PC. Preliminary checks to ensure it's not doing anything like scanning your PC showed that it wasn't. But, I think it's reasonable for others with more experience with security issues to take a look. You don't enter your password into their app -- it's entered via Sony's website. You do need to enter your Wifi password into their tool. According to them, the lag added is no worse than 4ms regardless of Wifi router given proprietary Wifi optimizations that they didn't say how was done. I tend to believe this given Od1n's and my experience with using it (although, it has never been formally measured and we don't have any method to measure it).
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #133 on: 04:51 PM - 11/18/21 »
4ms over wifi is very impressive, assuming it's accurate. But that means those using 500 or 1000Hz on XIM APEX should probably dial Response Rate down to 250Hz. IMHO, that's the optimal Response Rate for APEX anyway, so it's not a big loss.

Wifi though is inherently flakey and subject to interference, so I'd anticipate input lag problems for many Beloader users.

Better than nothing though, for those who are forced to use wifi :-\

Offline Y

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 05:14 PM - 11/18/21 »

Yes, you need to plug it into your PC. Preliminary checks to ensure it's not doing anything like scanning your PC showed that it wasn't. But, I think it's reasonable for others with more experience with security issues to take a look. You don't enter your password into their app -- it's entered via Sony's website. You do need to enter your Wifi password into their tool. According to them, the lag added is no worse than 4ms regardless of Wifi router given proprietary Wifi optimizations that they didn't say how was done. I tend to believe this given Od1n's and my experience with using it (although, it has never been formally measured and we don't have any method to measure it).

But on their website, they say "Plug and play without any extra PC or Mobile"

So why do we need a PC?

Admin