XIM Community

Did you get the sample?  (Read 25168 times)

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Did you get the sample?
« Reply #60 on: 02:13 AM - 11/09/21 »
Guys no need to swear in arguments! Lets relax and behave like normal adults! :)
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 02:27 AM - 11/09/21 »
For NEXUS, XIM tried to get an official licence from Sony, but they donít want third-party competition for DualSense. Again, a Sony problem, not a XIM one. They grant licences to inferior products that arenít a threat to the core console gaming experience. XIM is disruptive and goes against that philosophy.

Well said. Motion aiming with XIM NEXUS looks fun! It's something I want to try out and experience. Od1n's YouTube comparison of controller sticks vs motion vs mouse really sold me on motion aiming.

https://youtu.be/SIIfLAKFTDw

With the latest Nexus features i almost equalized my mouse record with just a few attempts. Nexus at 74k vs mouse at 77k with no prior practice! Pretty sure values above 100k are easily doable with some AimLabs practice!
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Offline bssam112

• View Profile
    • Youtube
  • PSN ID: BraveBsom
« Reply #62 on: 11:36 AM - 11/09/21 »
For NEXUS, XIM tried to get an official licence from Sony, but they donít want third-party competition for DualSense. Again, a Sony problem, not a XIM one. They grant licences to inferior products that arenít a threat to the core console gaming experience. XIM is disruptive and goes against that philosophy.

Well said. Motion aiming with XIM NEXUS looks fun! It's something I want to try out and experience. Od1n's YouTube comparison of controller sticks vs motion vs mouse really sold me on motion aiming.

https://youtu.be/SIIfLAKFTDw

With the latest Nexus features i almost equalized my mouse record with just a few attempts. Nexus at 74k vs mouse at 77k with no prior practice! Pretty sure values above 100k are easily doable with some AimLabs practice!

I have not used a controller since 2015 after buying the Xim4. But I would really like to let my community who can't seem to adapt to MnK due to no prior experience. The Nexus will be great to bridge the gap between controllers and MnK. The main issue is that it will not be compatible with the PS5 without remote play and I can't seem to think it will be in the near future.
Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtNPYwrOYqIvV1auFJb8yxA

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 12:16 PM - 11/09/21 »
There has been tons of progress on the PS5 compatibility part with several actors working on different solutions. Its only a matter of time until they become available! :)

Offline DerHertog

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 01:50 AM - 11/10/21 »
There has been tons of progress on the PS5 compatibility part with several actors working on different solutions. Its only a matter of time until they become available! :)

Hello Od1n,

Do you have any idea when you can share your findings regarding the beloader dongle which Obsiv send you?

Many are curious to know whether it's usable in FPS games or whether the ms is to much to be of use.

Don't want to push you in any way but I am dying to find out :D

Offline LiMiT

• Couchgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 02:12 AM - 11/10/21 »

Could you elaborate on these "several actors"? PM if you don't want to "out" them here.

Thanks

Offline baadnewz

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: baadnewz2k9
« Reply #66 on: 12:44 PM - 11/10/21 »

Are you serious? You mean there's hope? I must admit, I log in everyday at the end of my workday, hoping that I will read that there's an update for the xim, allowing us to play the Ps5 version.
I hope that day is near...

Offline Kostas

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Kostas
« Reply #67 on: 01:31 PM - 11/10/21 »

Are you serious? You mean there's hope? I must admit, I log in everyday at the end of my workday, hoping that I will read that there's an update for the xim, allowing us to play the Ps5 version.
I hope that day is near...

I swear the same everyday im finishing work im log in to see if something new came . So we can use our xims and not only that if we can use the xim nexus on ps5

Offline Oskool

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 02:26 PM - 11/10/21 »
Could you elaborate on these "several actors"? PM if you don't want to "out" them here.

Thanks

Looks like fail0verflow to the rescue again.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2021/11/uncovered-ps5-encryption-keys-are-the-first-step-to-unlocking-the-console/
« Last Edit: 02:48 PM - 11/10/21 by Oskool »

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #69 on: 04:53 PM - 11/10/21 »
^ this. Doesn't mean anything for the DualSense, that's a different animal. Looks promising though.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline russianbot

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 11:39 PM - 11/10/21 »
PS5 + Xim Apex + Hori mini

Offline russianbot

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 01:30 AM - 11/11/21 »
Iv got a replay:

Translation:

Hi! If you are interested in Beloader - we are waiting for a sample. Its scheduled to arrive later this month or early in December. Once it will be tested and confirmed it works we have to make a decision on the price and stock it. Stay tuned!
PS5 + Xim Apex + Hori mini

Offline LiMiT

• Couchgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 02:18 AM - 11/11/21 »
^ this. Doesn't mean anything for the DualSense, that's a different animal. Looks promising though.

Well, if the OS firmware and the DualSense firmware uses the same encryption keys, it is very promising (meaning the DS firmware now also can be decrypted).

Offline Sorothos

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 07:36 AM - 11/11/21 »
Good news, keep it up, I hope we are further along in early 2022 - and there will be a workaround for all. No matter if XIM, Titan Two or whatever.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #74 on: 09:42 AM - 11/11/21 »
I've been testing Beloader with both XIM NEXUS and XIM APEX for a few days now. I shipped one to Od1n yesterday. I'm not going to comment on performance until Od1n has had a chance to evaluate it for himself (I trust him more on these things than me :).
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Admin