XIM Community

Did you get the sample?  (Read 24876 times)

Offline Boris228

• View Profile
Re: Did you get the sample?
« Reply #15 on: 09:27 AM - 11/04/21 »
where did you so this?
In fact, there is no miracle.  And by and large the new dongle uses the same scheme with Remote Play, only without a PC.  That is, it crashes between PS5 and xim, and itself connects via Wi-Fi to the Five via remote playback (diagram below).  Requires one setup before the first connection, then everything is automatic
If it will work without pc and with good daley it will solve our problem with ps5 games.
I do not think that the delay on wifi will be small

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 10:04 AM - 11/04/21 »

That depends on your Wifi setup, the distance and environment. Wifi delay can be very very low, in the range of a few milliseconds. Under poor conditions it can be really high though too.
The bigger problem with Wifi is the amount of packets that get lost.
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline Boris228

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 10:16 AM - 11/04/21 »

That depends on your Wifi setup, the distance and environment. Wifi delay can be very very low, in the range of a few milliseconds. Under poor conditions it can be really high though too.
The bigger problem with Wifi is the amount of packets that get lost.
if this is the only solution, then this is not at all what I was expecting.

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #18 on: 10:22 AM - 11/04/21 »
This is the device I'll be receiving for evaluation. I was informed that it was Remote Play based only recently. They require wired connection to your console.

I've personally been testing using XIM NEXUS via Chiaki on an Android phone with the wireless adapter connected to the phone to get a sense of a solution like this. Other than Chiaki being flakey, when it's running, I personally couldn't tell I was over Remote Play. Hopefully I'll have a similar experience with this new device.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline BLKAII

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 12:00 PM - 11/04/21 »
Any educated guesses on this thing's estimated price if it releases?

Offline DerHertog

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 12:57 PM - 11/04/21 »
So how does this device work then? Do i need to have a pc turned on when im gaming all the time? That would suck big time :(

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #21 on: 02:09 PM - 11/04/21 »
I don't know how they are going to price it.

The device is standalone. It handles all communication between XIM and the PS5. Input is sent over Wifi/Ethernet instead of USB.

Offline Goofkop

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 03:04 PM - 11/04/21 »
Sold my PS4 with both controllers! And now have a PS5.

Still have my Xim Apex. For this new “Beloader” i need a Dual Shock 4 V2 Controller isn’t it? Then I allready gonna buy a controller  ;D

Hope they will launch it soon!

Update: i also see a Switch Pro controller. Is it may also possible to put the Switch Pro controller in the XIM Apex?
« Last Edit: 03:09 PM - 11/04/21 by Goofkop »

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #23 on: 03:10 PM - 11/04/21 »
Wifi…babow! Expect lag in the region of 50ms, it’ll be interesting to see if that’s the case under scrutiny. Ethernet should be viable, but it’s no different from using Remote Play now.

The only benefit is a PC isn’t required to use Remote Play, which to be fair is a big one, but the free Chiaki does this already.

Moving forward, I’d be concerned about what happens when Remote Play is updated, which happens pretty regularly lately. Sony can also patch this backdoor whenever they like.

Saw this coming a mile off - there was no way they’d cracked the DualSense. There are only two solutions - Remote Play, which can be patched, and a modchip, which can’t.

It’s a “meh” result that doesn’t solve the problem. I’ll probably wait it out for ConsoleTuner (which will work with XIM but will be relatively expensive) and if any other Remote Play solutions are found. Monetising hardware using Sony’s Remote Play protocol could present a problem.
« Last Edit: 04:05 PM - 11/04/21 by antithesis »

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline AskingAllTheTime

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 03:12 PM - 11/04/21 »
I really hope it has a low latency, Im using chiaki right now, the latency isn't extremely high, but noticable in FPS games, also when spamming one button not every button Is registered. So im really looking foward to use this new device!

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #25 on: 03:14 PM - 11/04/21 »
For this new “Beloader” i need a Dual Shock 4 V2 Controller isn’t it?

I think we will add a mode for this that doesn't require any controller be plugged into your XIM APEX. If we don't do that, then any controller will work (even cross console controllers).

replace joysticks with D/A converters

This is like XIM2, and something I'm not enthusiastic about. It's fine for automating digital signals (buttons), but analog you sacrifice in terms about aim performance. It's not ideal.

Remote Play, which can be patched

I'm not sure about this since Remote Play needs to support mobile clients.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #26 on: 03:22 PM - 11/04/21 »
Remote Play can be updated to require a DualSense, which could kill the whole thing. Unlikely given DualSense isn’t supported on iOS, but possible.

Wifi is concerning, but the Ethernet component is interesting. I still have my BS filters on high alert. Let’s see how it goes when you receive it :)

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #27 on: 03:27 PM - 11/04/21 »
You are right, who knows what we should expect from Sony. I know for Xbox Remote Play and xCloud any Bluetooth capable controller can be paired with your phone and you can game with it. If Sony were to limit even Remote Play to DS5, I think it would essentially kill interest and use in it. But, we will see.

I think the ideal solution for Remote Play would be 100% wired, which would actually be lower latency than USB.

We will evaluate the device of course. I just hope they added an update rate counter like I asked.

Offline AskingAllTheTime

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 03:29 PM - 11/04/21 »
If Sonys dualsense requirement is for players getting the best "game feeling" and it was just a coincidence that it stopped xim,cronus atd., Then i dont think that they will require dualsense for remote play. Remote play was made to let people play from anywhere with anything. But this is just my opinion. Noone knows what Is the real Sonys purpose.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #29 on: 03:48 PM - 11/04/21 »
On balance, this is a good short-term option using Remote Play, which we’ve been pitching since the launch of PS5. Ethernet is paramount for PS5 to the local area network for good performance. Wifi is the concern and will cause many people to have connection problems.

Ultimately, this is a workaround rather than a solution and we can already do it without the dongle. Convenience is what’s on offer here and it is bundled up in a neat little package.

Assuming this works and is viable, what are the chances of getting XIM PS5 STs? That’s all any of us really care about. Relying on a third-party device to enable PS5 support is a big issue  :-\