XIM Community

Did you get the sample?  (Read 29315 times)

Offline thornlutz

• View Profile
Re: Did you get the sample?
« Reply #330 on: 07:16 PM - 12/10/21 »
Can someone tell me what controllers you guys are usuing to get the beloader to work

Im using DS4 at the moment and it works.

Offline Bananabrian

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: CallouS
« Reply #331 on: 08:55 PM - 12/10/21 »
Can someone tell me what controllers you guys are usuing to get the beloader to work

Im using DS4 at the moment and it works.
I cut seem to get mine to work

Offline hope850610

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Chen__CC
« Reply #332 on: 02:40 AM - 12/13/21 »
That was one of the things i tried to test how many inputs per second the beloader can support. Titan + XIM worked for me, but only when settings the Titan protocol to PS4 instead of PS5.

Could you please confirm if od1n uses the combination of xim + titan2 + beloader normally?
I tried to discuss the feasibility of the above combination with the beloader manufacturer

Yes it tested that and it works :).
Titan prog port to PC for more electricity, output port to Beloader with XIM being plugged into the Titan. Protocol is set to PS4.
Thank you for your answer. :D
Exciting, my TT2 arrived today
Are there any restrictions on the controller used by ximapex?
I have a hori mini and ps5 controller

I know that the output protocol needs to be set to ps4
But currently tt2 + xim + beloader does not work
I'm troubleshooting the errors one by one

Offline Sorothos

• View Profile
« Reply #333 on: 08:04 AM - 12/14/21 »
That is something to try, my Xim has an external power source but TT 2 does not, I will have try this one

so here's my review for the Beloader with Titan Two: It's super easy, plug and play and worked right away.

PS5 --> Beloader in the back --> connected with USB to "Output"-Port of Titan Two

In Port B of Titan Two nothing. In Port A:
XIM Apex (Slot1: Mouse, Slot2: Keyboard, Slot3: PS4 Controller v2)

All devices on newest beta firmwares/firmwares.

Output Protocol from Titan Two: Playstation 4

Titan Two also connected with USB and "Prog" Port to PC (for computer vision) You can skip this, if you don't use CV.

External Power Source is added to XIM Apex Hub.

Offline Grampsoap

• View Profile
« Reply #334 on: 11:01 PM - 12/14/21 »
So my beloader came yesterday .

I watched multiple YouTube videos on how to get it up and running it just wouldn't work. At each step of the installation i got the green tick and success but once i plugged in my beloader into any usb socket be that a powered one  front/ back ps5 console no luck. On the beloader i would get a blue flashing light  then a green flashing light then red light then no lights what i tried

1 watching and reading  all available info
2 putting both my belaoder and ps5 console on the same wifi channel
3 renaming my 2.4 wifi channel and changing password
4 manually adding my info into beloader not using the beloader manager software
5 tried powered usb adapter and all ps5 usb ports

What worked for me i had an old PSN account i didn't use so i tried that with the beloader  i couldn't remember  the password for the account so i reset the account password .

I reset the password from the page what opens when you add your info into beloader manager

I logged into my ps5 console with that account made sure it was working  and then added that account information into beloaders pc software and bloader connected straight away .

I then reset the password on my  PSN account i use on my ps5 console  i had a 12 digit password i changed that to 10 digit password and once i had the new password setup on my ps5 console i added that new info into beloader and it connected no problem  :)

Not sure if it helps anyone but it worked for me

Offline Sonicspinner

• View Profile
« Reply #335 on: 06:30 AM - 12/17/21 »
So my beloader came yesterday .

I watched multiple YouTube videos on how to get it up and running it just wouldn't work. At each step of the installation i got the green tick and success but once i plugged in my beloader into any usb socket be that a powered one  front/ back ps5 console no luck. On the beloader i would get a blue flashing light  then a green flashing light then red light then no lights what i tried

1 watching and reading  all available info
2 putting both my belaoder and ps5 console on the same wifi channel
3 renaming my 2.4 wifi channel and changing password
4 manually adding my info into beloader not using the beloader manager software
5 tried powered usb adapter and all ps5 usb ports

What worked for me i had an old PSN account i didn't use so i tried that with the beloader  i couldn't remember  the password for the account so i reset the account password .

I reset the password from the page what opens when you add your info into beloader manager

I logged into my ps5 console with that account made sure it was working  and then added that account information into beloaders pc software and bloader connected straight away .

I then reset the password on my  PSN account i use on my ps5 console  i had a 12 digit password i changed that to 10 digit password and once i had the new password setup on my ps5 console i added that new info into beloader and it connected no problem  :)

Not sure if it helps anyone but it worked for me

valuable info! thanx

my beloader is still stuck at customs since december 3rd... due to millions of packages coming from china to  the country. lol

Offline Sorothos

• View Profile
« Reply #336 on: 07:11 AM - 12/17/21 »
The Beloader is trash.

Why also buy a Beloader, I think to myself in retrospect.
It costs 50 €.

You can buy a network switch and two Lan cables for 40€.
Then just put a PC next to the Playstation, is the case with me anyway.

I just have to install one LAN cable from my router to the desk. There I have now installed a switch, LAN1 to the PC, LAN2 to the PS5.

Already you have the perfect wired setup to play via remote play with hardly any input lag. Everything is on the same network and wired, although I only had to run one cable from the router through the apartment. (Then split for remote play through the switch).

Cheaper, easier, better - 1000 Hz is possible, better connection.

The Beloader is for me now only a device if you are too lazy to connect your PS5 + PC to the same LAN network and then play via Remote Play. (Monitor of course set to the PS5)
But even for the Beloader, the PS5 is supposed to be connected via LAN. Why then buy a Beloader that acts via WIFI, instead of simply buying a switch that makes two from the one LAN cable, which must already be laid for the Beloader. Then you have your wired network and can do without the Beloader.

I was still so stupid and bought a Beloader - although I had concerns.

125 Hz, constant disconnects - the Beloader is a joke. DO NOT BUY!

Just buy two Lan cables and a switch, to setup a wired network between PC and PS5. It's even cheaper.
And it's the same technique used by Beloader, just better.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #337 on: 09:35 AM - 12/17/21 »
A community memeber is producing a solution based on Raspberry Pi as well.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline willthetech

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: 10:08 AM - 12/17/21 »
The Beloader is trash.

Why also buy a Beloader, I think to myself in retrospect.
It costs 50 .

You can buy a network switch and two Lan cables for 40.
Then just put a PC next to the Playstation, is the case with me anyway.

I just have to install one LAN cable from my router to the desk. There I have now installed a switch, LAN1 to the PC, LAN2 to the PS5.

Already you have the perfect wired setup to play via remote play with hardly any input lag. Everything is on the same network and wired, although I only had to run one cable from the router through the apartment. (Then split for remote play through the switch).

Cheaper, easier, better - 1000 Hz is possible, better connection.

The Beloader is for me now only a device if you are too lazy to connect your PS5 + PC to the same LAN network and then play via Remote Play. (Monitor of course set to the PS5)
But even for the Beloader, the PS5 is supposed to be connected via LAN. Why then buy a Beloader that acts via WIFI, instead of simply buying a switch that makes two from the one LAN cable, which must already be laid for the Beloader. Then you have your wired network and can do without the Beloader.

I was still so stupid and bought a Beloader - although I had concerns.

125 Hz, constant disconnects - the Beloader is a joke. DO NOT BUY!

Just buy two Lan cables and a switch, to setup a wired network between PC and PS5. It's even cheaper.
And it's the same technique used by Beloader, just better.

Both solutions have their Pros and cons. I heard of a few people that no matter what they tried they were unable to get it to work with PC, so having an alternative was god blessing for some. I like you was going to buy one, even that I was able to play using my PC. But I waited and I was waiting for the dust to settle. So far the PC solution is working correctly, but I always have in the back of my mind there is some delay, but that's just paranoia :).

The scary part is that Sony can at anytime introduce a change to remote play and make all of these efforts obsolete. I know some people will argue this, but we will never know. Fingers crossed the never happens :)

Offline Sorothos

• View Profile
« Reply #339 on: 12:08 PM - 12/17/21 »
A community memeber is producing a solution based on Raspberry Pi as well.

That sounds great, maybe a better alternative! I'll stick with Remote Play, via PC, Sony's Remote Play app and Wired Connection.

But willthetech is also right: So far, we have to rely on Sony's Remote Play service - if they wanted to, we would be back at point zero.

Hopefully there will be a bypass in the encryption to Dualsense at some point.

I like you was going to buy one, even that I was able to play using my PC. But I waited and I was waiting for the dust to settle. So far the PC solution is working correctly, but I always have in the back of my mind there is some delay, but that's just paranoia :).

It's about a millisecond delay from what I've read. The Beloader can only be slower because it uses WLAN + wired connection, while the Remote Play setup via PC uses wired connection only,

And you're also right: it's a luxury problem, I was lucky enough to get a Beloader - unfortunately it turned out to be nothing but disadvantages to my previous setup. If you can establish a wired connection and have a PC, I don't see any reason why remote play shouldn't work.

It's cheaper, has more stable performance, and supports the XIM at 1000 Hz as well. The Beloader can only do 125 Hz and sometimes has connection problems.

So my advice was to invest the money in a good LAN setup. If it should not work with remote play when the PC is nearby, should be an individual case.
« Last Edit: 12:16 PM - 12/17/21 by Sorothos »

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #340 on: 12:53 PM - 12/17/21 »
if they wanted to, we would be back at point zero.

It would require them to essentially reduce the value of remote play to zero. I just don't see it happening.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline sofakng

• View Profile
« Reply #341 on: 10:32 PM - 12/24/21 »
Can you guys explain how you are using wired remote play instead of the beloader?

I'm assuming you are running Remote Play on your PC but where does the XIM connect to apply the keyboard/mouse translations?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: 12:28 AM - 12/25/21 »
Can you guys explain how you are using wired remote play instead of the beloader?

I'm assuming you are running Remote Play on your PC but where does the XIM connect to apply the keyboard/mouse translations?

You connect your XIM to the PC instead of the PS4/5. It requires a DualShock 4 version 2 controller though. All there is left to do then is to run remoteplay from the PC (which for the best connection is using an ethernet cable).
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline Kostas

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Kostas
« Reply #343 on: 01:29 AM - 12/25/21 »

You connect your XIM to the PC instead of the PS4/5. It requires a DualShock 4 version 2 controller though. All there is left to do then is to run remoteplay from the PC (which for the best connection is using an ethernet cable).

Im using ps5 controller tbh amd it works like a charm with remote play idk why everyone is saying ps4 controller second gen . And plus im playing with wifi and its sooooooooo good at least for me no lag nothing

Offline sofakng

• View Profile
« Reply #344 on: 11:27 AM - 12/25/21 »
Thanks for the help ... I've purchased the Beloader but haven't used it yet.  I'm always sitting at my PC with my console TV next to me, so it makes more sense to just use the PC with Remote Play.

I'll keep the Beloader for a while I guess, but I might end up selling it.

Also, does this Remote Play method work with the Xbox Series consoles?

EDIT:  Do both (or the PS5) methods support 1000 Hz polling?