XIM Community

XB Series X or PS5?  (Read 911 times)

Offline ShacoUnica

• View Profile
XB Series X or PS5?
« on: 02:37 AM - 10/27/21 »
Hi

Assuming I can get either console, what are peopleís thoughts to which is best with Apex?

Iím a Call of Duty player mainly.

Thanks

Offline Jobe

• View Profile
Re: XB Series X or PS5?
« Reply #1 on: 02:44 AM - 10/27/21 »
Support for PS5 is a bit rocky atm although its still being looked into.

If you have Xbox series X your better off using that console tbh, its like nothing has changed at all with Xbox support  ;)

// Failing that you could always buy the Ps4 version of the game to play on PS5 as that would work also...
XSX / PS5
Xim 3 / Xim 4 / Xim Apex / Xim Nexus

Offline ShacoUnica

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04:47 AM - 10/27/21 »
Thanks for reply.

As I canít use a controller I need to get the purchase right.

Donít see the point of buying PS4 games to run on a PS5 as I have a PS4 pro

Is the issue to do with the controllers?

I think a Series X seems a better choice at the moment. IF I can get one.

Offline Jobe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06:13 AM - 10/27/21 »
I can not say what the main issue is with PS5, just all I know that you need to jump through hoops to get some sort of support.. I blame Sony and there forcing you to use Duel-sense controllers for PS5 only games  :(

Imo Xbox IS the way to go unless you really need those exclusives that Sony pumps out... I have both (lucky me) and prefer my Xbox over PS mainly because of the friends I play with are all mostly Xbox gamers  ;)
XSX / PS5

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: ceebs_63
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
« Reply #4 on: 07:48 AM - 10/27/21 »
Iím very happy with my XSX. I bought it rather than the PS5 as I knew all CoDs will play with the Apex, on it. I still have my PS4 Pro and a PC with a GTX 2070 in it, so I feel as though I have all the bases covered.
If youíre in Europe, I got mine from Amazon Germany.

Where's HL3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro + Crucial MX500 1TB, Xbox Series X, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, Aorus AMP500, AKG K702, Creative Sound Blaster X7, iFi Zen DAC v2, iFi Zen CAN, Eve Spectrum 4K 144Hz.

LIAN LI A4 H2O, ASRock Z690M-ITX/ax, Intel Core i5 12400, EK-AIO Basic 240, Crucial 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 980 Pro Gen4 2TB, Crucial MX500 1TB, KFA2 RTX 3080 SG, Cooler Master V850 SFX Gold and if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!

Offline ManFromLox

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: ManFromLox
« Reply #5 on: 02:34 PM - 10/27/21 »
Iím very happy with my XSX. I bought it rather than the PS5 as I knew all CoDs will play with the Apex, on it. I still have my PS4 Pro and a PC with a GTX 2070 in it, so I feel as though I have all the bases covered.

Hi, I've been using the XIM Apex with my PS4 Pro without issue. I just bought the new XBox Series S and was wondering if  once you've updated the firmware can you use the Apex with either console or do you have to apply different firmware each console?  If I have to buy a 2nd device it isn't a deal breaker, just thought I'd ask the community first.

Offline Jobe

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04:05 PM - 10/27/21 »

Hi, I've been using the XIM Apex with my PS4 Pro without issue. I just bought the new XBox Series S and was wondering if  once you've updated the firmware can you use the Apex with either console or do you have to apply different firmware each console?  If I have to buy a 2nd device it isn't a deal breaker, just thought I'd ask the community first.

Nope, you do not have to apply a different firmware for each console! Once updated it will support both PS4 and XB, just remember to use the correct ST for the type of console your on and swap the controller over :D
XSX / PS5

Offline ShacoUnica

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12:56 AM - 10/28/21 »
So this may be a silly question but how do I know which games are supported for Series X?

I canít see it listed on Games Support page, just older versions of consoles.

How would I know what the STs were etc?

Offline Jobe

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 04:24 AM - 10/28/21 »
So this may be a silly question but how do I know which games are supported for Series X?

I canít see it listed on Games Support page, just older versions of consoles.

How would I know what the STs were etc?

When selecting your game from XIM manager it will show what consoles it supports along the bottom ie - XBX, P
S4 etc just select the one you want for the console you want to play it on ;-)

// Xbox Series / Xbox One / PS4 will be the Icons on display once you find the game you want, just simply select one :)
XSX / PS5

Offline Boris228

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 10:29 PM - 10/28/21 »
a couple of days ago I sold my ps5 and bought an Xbox sX.  I have not regretted.  I advise everyone to do it.

Offline Sl3ipner

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 06:44 AM - 10/29/21 »
I had the Series X first, then sold it in favor of the PS5.
Honestly I prefered the X interface, not least for the HDMI tv setup. Much easier to get best result.
That said I kept the PS5 for one thing only: Saving gameplay in HD 60 frames for at least an hour (1.5?).
The X much more restricted (max 3 min (afair) of ďretroplayĒ saving).

Offline Scrotesmd2

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 03:03 PM - 10/29/21 »
Ps5 for exclusives if you forget xim support, series x for FPS games  and xim support. Get

Offline ShacoUnica

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 04:08 AM - 10/30/21 »
Thanks everyone. I have got an Xbox Series X arriving on Tuesday  :)

Offline Sl3ipner

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 08:30 AM - 10/30/21 »
Thanks everyone. I have got an Xbox Series X arriving on Tuesday  :)

Congrats my man 👍
The thread made me think the unthinkable. Im now in the process of buying a Box, besides my PS5. When using that much time gaming, I think its justifyable.

Offline middo

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 11:34 AM - 10/30/21 »
I've both, ps5 and XS , one upstairs and one downstairs. I'm sure something will arrive for ps5 eventually so I'll use me Xbox Xs in the meantime

Admin