XIM Community

Cant seem to get my Xim4 working with my xbox  (Read 326 times)

Offline Ravirgaming

• View Profile
Cant seem to get my Xim4 working with my xbox
« on: 02:01 PM - 10/22/21 »
Hi, so my setup is this: XIM4 with latest firmware, xbox one x, simple keyboard and mouse. the keyboard and mouse light up so they do get power and when i press a button or move the mouse the xim4's lights do change. However i think the problem might be with the controller, im using one with a USB-C cable, ie this one: https://www.xbox.com/en-us/accessories/controllers/xbox-wireless-controller

Is this controller supported for the XIM4? because i cannot get the setup to work.

Offline ragenrok

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: D Warrior
Re: Cant seem to get my Xim4 working with my xbox
« Reply #1 on: 06:20 PM - 10/22/21 »
Nope sorry, what you have there is an Xbox series x controller (you can tell by the usb-c and the fact it has that third share button in the center).

The xsx controllers are only supported by the xim apex, you need to use an Xbox one controller (that has a micro usb port). Unfortunately the xim 4 does not have the additional space to add support for any new controller profiles unlike the xim apex so the devs can not add it in  :(

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Cant seem to get my Xim4 working with my xbox
« Reply #2 on: 09:36 AM - 10/25/21 »
^ This was true until last week but they are actually supported now. :) Space is indeed low so it doesn't have the same support implementation as APEX.

The difference in support is that you will have to press the controller's guide button at the right time, after your peripherals have fully initialized. Pressing it too early will require reconnecting XIM4 to the console and trying again. There's more info in the download thread.

If you would like to test our latest XIM4 beta please visit the link below. Please read the instructions on the download pages. Feedback in the XIM4 beta section of the forum is appreciated.

https://community.xim.tech/index.php?board=77.0

Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Admin