XIM Community

[ACTIVE] Connecting APEX XIM to PS4 Problems  (Read 271 times)

Offline dooheadxx

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Governor_Guac
[ACTIVE] Connecting APEX XIM to PS4 Problems
« on: 10:08 AM - 10/21/21 »
I had no issue getting the XIM connected to my laptop, getting the latest firmware installed, and opening the manager; however, the keyboard and mouse are not working when the XIM is connected to the PS4. What am I doing wrong?

I've tried all of the popular solutions: restarting (and unplugging) my console, switching controllers, switching USB cords, pressing the XIM button at certain intervals, holding the XIM button as I plug the XIM into the PS4, etc. Nothing has worked.

I'm going crazy please help me.
« Last Edit: 04:36 PM - 10/21/21 by mist4fun »

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Connecting APEX XIM to PS4 Problems
« Reply #1 on: 11:01 AM - 10/21/21 »
Hey,

can you please let us know which of the two issues you have?
1) You can bind mouse and keyboard buttons within the XIM Manager config, but the console doesnt register your inputs.
2) Even the above doesnt work, so your XIM Manager doesnt even recognize your mouse and keyboard button bindings in the config
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline dooheadxx

• View Profile
Re: [ACTIVE] Connecting APEX XIM to PS4 Problems
« Reply #2 on: 08:01 AM - 10/22/21 »
Currently I'm not having either of those issues. My problem is that when the XIM is plugged into the PS4 the keyboard and mouse don't even seem to be active. Usually my mouse lights up when activated but nothing happens when it's plugged into the PS4 via the XIM. The controller works but not the keyboard or the mouse.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09:07 AM - 10/22/21 »
We can check if the controller is authenticating, this is needed for your mouse and keyboard to work. To do this, please disconnect and reconnect XIM to the console while watching XIM's startup light sequence. Do you see 4 green lights during this sequence? For reference the startup light sequence should look similar to this:

red, green, blue
red
green, green, green, green
red

If you do not see 4 green lights at startup and you have spare cables please test other cables with the controller.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline dooheadxx

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05:16 PM - 10/24/21 »
I have gotten three variants of the light sequence, and none of the sequences are like what you've described. I have tried various cables with the controller and none have worked.

I'll try my best to describe the light sequences that I get. In each of these cases I have the XIM with the port and all three devices connected to it. Initially the XIM is unplugged from the console. I boot up the console and then I plug in the XIM:

1) I don't press the button the XIM:
A red light and then a quick sequence of a fade to yellow, green, and then blue. The light then returns to red and remains that way.

2) I press the button halfway through
Same as before but halfway through the fading sequence I tap the button on the XIM. I get a quick flash of red then four flashing green lights, then four flashing red lights, and it always ends with a steady red glow just like in scenario 1)

3) Hold down button while plugging in
The light turns blue and remains that way even after I release it.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09:17 AM - 10/25/21 »
2 is forcing APEX into wired config mode. This is allows APEX to be used with the PC version of Manager and can't be used while gaming.

3 is forcing APEX into programming mode. This allows APEX to be used with a firmware flash tool and can't be used while gaming.

-

Do you have the USB communication option in your console settings? This is required if the controller supports it.

Settings > Devices > Controllers > Communication Method

Offline dooheadxx

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04:47 PM - 11/01/21 »
Yes, I have the communication method set to USB. That was one of the first solutions which I tried.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 05:05 PM - 11/01/21 »
Thanks for verifying. With the controller not initializing with multiple cables it would be a good idea to check if the controller can be used in wired mode with another device. Do you have access to a PC? If so we can check your controller and cable's ability to use a wired connection this way. If this is not working correctly then your devices can't pass through to the console. This can be checked in a PC game or it's easy to check using just Windows.

To do this connect your controller to your PC. Wait a few moments for Windows to install drivers and prepare the device. Once finished press the Windows key and type 'set up usb game controllers' and continue to this selection.

Select the controller then click properties.

If you've made it this far the controller actions will be shown in this window. Pressing buttons and moving the analog sticks will be visible as shown in this picture.

Offline dooheadxx

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 04:54 PM - 11/22/21 »
I connected my PS4 controller to my laptop via USB cable and everything worked out as you listed. The controller has no problem connecting to my computer.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 05:41 PM - 11/22/21 »
Thanks, so we know that your controller isn't initializing with APEX but is recognized by a PC. When you've tested with APEX have you tried without the hub attached? Please try connecting the controller directly to APEX without the hub. APEX should flash 4 green lights after startup like mentioned in a previous post above.

Admin