XIM Community

Xim Central  (Read 1432 times)

Offline AgentSmith

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Xim Central
« Reply #15 on: 12:34 PM - 10/25/21 »

True, but with aim assist a gyro works even better. Most people out there using existing gyro solutions have never tried it with aim assist, which to be honest just blows your mind. Not compareable to how a mouse works with aim assist, the accuracy you have is frightening and makes you wonder if you could even achieve the same with a mouse.
Personally the only benefit i can see is the higher turnspeed and compatibility with games that dont support controllers.

Id prefer to see features like unified sensitivities across all games or a wired 1000hz mode to be tackled before that.

Not going to disagree, Although I haven't used an aim assisted gyro yet for anything other than a quick test to see if it worked, as highlighted below.
I tend to prefer to learn how things work manually so after I reach a confidence level I can then feel the true benefit of the aid, rather than relying on the aid, it becomes an enhancement.

Here is another item to throw into the mix, Only referring to PC setup here.
If the Nexus can use a combination of M/KB commands mixed with controller for the games on PC that support simultaneous input.
Doom2016, BF, Back4Blood, Far Cry5, are a few I have tried with steam that will all give AA even when controller input is combined with gyro using RAW mouse.  or a Real mouse is combined with analog ADS.
BF isn't as good these days thanks to a Youtuber named Average Sniper >:( >:(  who bitched enough that it was nerfed to oblivion, but it used to be so OP, I needed a shower after the only game I played with it.

I would also suggest most people would perform better with a real Native mouse than they would a gyro using raw mouse input.

Offline PingThing

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Pingthing
  • PSN ID: pingthing
« Reply #16 on: 01:19 PM - 10/25/21 »
So I'm assuming that the hardware is now hard baked and all this extra stuff can be achieved through firmware and software.

Build it and they will come.
(Preferably sooner rather than later)
:)
It don't mean a Thing if you ain't got that Ping.

Offline Tats

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Tats Inc
« Reply #17 on: 04:35 PM - 10/25/21 »
If there is interest in using NEXUS on a PC for playing mouse/keyboard supported games only, we will release a tool that emulates these devices using NEXUS.

Thatís exciting! I play on pc with a controller so that would be great. I can vouch that xim apex worked flawless on PC at 165 fps
Activison ID Tats#8343784

Offline DrBaldwin

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Dr Baldwin
  • PSN ID: Dr_Baldwin
« Reply #18 on: 07:55 PM - 10/25/21 »
I enjoyed xim3 since 2011 and xim4 since 2014 and now was actually skeptical about gyro-aim of this new project Xim Nexus.

I couldn't really get into the gyro-aim of Switch (could be I was playing/controlling it wrongly as I mainly play undocked), but seeing the gameplay videos, it looks fairly intuitive and reminds me of the virtual keyboard input using gyro-aim on the PS4 and I found using that way of inputting was even faster than using the Dpad/thumbsticks.

Very cool and I look forward to when I can get my mitts on this premium product!

oh yah, I was reading the list of features, was wondering if the Xim Nexus controller would support vibration? Sorry if this was asked before, but I was looking through some of the threads, couldn't really find anything on this.

Thanks again!

Offline TheCityWok

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 01:55 PM - 10/26/21 »
That sound like a fantastic plan, gyro aim doesn't really need aim assist anyway :-)  especially when it has access to raw mouse.

True, but with aim assist a gyro works even better. Most people out there using existing gyro solutions have never tried it with aim assist, which to be honest just blows your mind. Not compareable to how a mouse works with aim assist, the accuracy you have is frightening and makes you wonder if you could even achieve the same with a mouse.
Personally the only benefit i can see is the higher turnspeed and compatibility with games that dont support controllers.

Id prefer to see features like unified sensitivities across all games or a wired 1000hz mode to be tackled before that.

You testers come to any conclusions on why that is?

Offline DrR

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 02:17 PM - 10/26/21 »
I play warzone with a dual shock through ds4 windows(gyro to right stick) everyday with aim assist.  The feel is incredible.  You can snap near, not directly on victims and you know what happens next. Timing and controlling camera jitters/ vibration is the major challenge.  Coming up with a balance which is optimal for looking around and shooting is the trick.  Gyro under these conditions doesn't do it all for you but it is a satisfying way to play 

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 02:27 PM - 10/26/21 »
You testers come to any conclusions on why that is?

Obsiv took extra care of the aim assist working well with motion aiming, thats why! Feels so much better than with Apex, no annoying aim assist bubbles or difficulties when switching between targets. You dont even have to spend any significant time in fine tuning your settings for aim assist :).
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central