XIM Community

Apex Manager crashes on Destiny 2 config creation (XSX).  (Read 265 times)

Online mcdonamw

• MVP
    • View Profile
Let me preface this with the following. 

----- Backstory-----
My Xbox Series X for some reason has just started doing the whole crash/shutdown thing again.  It did this for a while last year until an update seemingly resolved it. But all of a sudden it's back.  Worse I'm having other (related?) issues with my Apex, which is what really leads me here.

Sometimes, I do not crash, but I lose all input from my peripherals and the controller itself.  The Apex manager shows the input registering.

Sometimes I can get it to come back by unplugging the Apex, but most of the times, unplugging/replugging 5 or more times does nothing.  Sometimes the peripherals come on/light up, but the controller never turns back on.  Sometimes turning the controller on manually gets me back in, but most often I have to keep unplugging/replugging until everything comes back online by itself. 

-----Current Issue------
After this last episode, eventually getting everything back online, I was in the Apex manager and noticed that my Destiny 2 config is reporting outdated translator and requested creating a new one (note: I just downloaded a software update the other day I think?)

Anyway, I'm trying to create a new D2 config, but everytime I click Destiny 2 and Xbox Series, the app just closes entirely.

I've had this before, but forcing an entire update from Global Settings it resolved it.  Unfortunately that is not helping now.

Interestingly I'm able to create some configs, but others just crash the manager.

-----Edit1-----
So I notice in the Beta forum that a new FW was just released which goes in line with a new controller firmware update MS just released for the Xbox.  I did just update my firmware controller a few days ago, so perhaps that's the cause of all my crashes?  I wouldn't think so if that FW was supposed to PREVENT it, not CAUSE it LOL.

Anyway, I updated the firmware on my Apex to ensure that wasn't the issue but that did not fix my issue with my config creation problem.  Ugh.

-----Edit2-----
So after doing some more testing, I thought I identified that the issue only persists if I try to recreate a game config if one already exists.  The issue is happening trying to recreate my COD:BOCW config too.

Anyway, I was able to create a config for 007, then copy/paste my D2 config into it.  I then deleted my existing D2 config and was then able to recreate it and recopy/paste the config from the temp 007 one.

Thinking I had the problem licked, I tried to repeat the same for my COD config but the same steps above will not work.  So now I have no COD config (just the 007 one with it's settings pasted into it) but now I still can't recreate my COD config.  WTH??
« Last Edit: 04:45 PM - 10/14/21 by mist4fun »
XIM Apex | XSX | Huntsman TE | G502 LightSpeed | Artisan ShidenKai

Offline MattyAu

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: o MattyAu o
Re: Apex Manager crashes on Destiny 2 config creation (XSX).
« Reply #1 on: 11:52 PM - 10/13/21 »
I find that any time I use the search function and select the ST I want to download, the app crashes, if I just scroll to the Game and select the ST, it doesn't crash.

Online mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09:08 AM - 10/14/21 »
mcdonamw, are you using the beta Manager? It uses a new universal database.

What other configs are on your APEX? I recall APEX crashing if you store a config for a game that no longer exists in Manager's database. Examples would be Overwatch 'E and 'L configs, Hunt Showdown, or some others I can't think of at the moment.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Online mcdonamw

• MVP
    • View Profile
mcdonamw, are you using the beta Manager? It uses a new universal database.

What other configs are on your APEX? I recall APEX crashing if you store a config for a game that no longer exists in Manager's database. Examples would be Overwatch 'E and 'L configs, Hunt Showdown, or some others I can't think of at the moment.

The only configs I have rn is D2 and 007 (as a temp holding my COD settings).

I'm unable to recreate my COD:BOCW.

I am using the latest beta manager and FW.

Online mcdonamw

• MVP
    • View Profile
I find that any time I use the search function and select the ST I want to download, the app crashes, if I just scroll to the Game and select the ST, it doesn't crash.

BINGO! WE HAVE A WINNER!

So that's what it is. If I use search for any config creation, app crashes. Manually scrolling I can create successfully.

Mist, any ideas on that? Can you replicate?  I have confirmed my manager is 5.00.20210625.

Online mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Obsiv was able to confirm the crash. I see this in the beta section and it's good that search being the cause was reported there. I'll lock this one to focus the conversation in one thread.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03:42 PM - 10/19/21 »
Here i wrote how to replicate the crash plus how to potentially solve it. Maybe give this a try:
https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=96586.msg856552#msg856552
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central