XIM Community

Vanguard anti-cheat rumored to detect input adapters  (Read 5958 times)

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Vanguard anti-cheat rumored to detect input adapters
« Reply #45 on: 09:59 AM - 10/17/21 »
Did you get off the Insider build and did your Xbox update itself already?
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline Cypher72

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 10:26 AM - 10/17/21 »
Yes

How do i roll back my controller

Sorry Im from Portugal nota great inglish

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #47 on: 10:31 AM - 10/17/21 »
Now that you are off of Insider, use the Xbox Accessories app to downgrade your controller firmware: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/accessories/xbox-accessories-app

Offline UnRyValD

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: UnRyValD
  • PSN ID: Judea33
« Reply #48 on: 09:31 PM - 10/17/21 »
Cod has such stricked sbmm that I don't even think they care if you have a xim. You will just be playing people at your level anyway. Cod to me is more fun using a controller and playing with other people who can't aim with a controller and don't care about the best guns. The only time I use it is for headshots and my lobbies go into hyper sweat mode.
Edge, XIM 4, Apex, waiting on Nexus

Offline capt251978

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 10:40 PM - 10/18/21 »
It's every PS5 game. The company that we are in communication with that have claimed to have solved this problem said they will be sending us their device in a couple days. When they ship it, I'll let the community know.

Any word on this? Kinda getting antsy, really wanting to get my ducks in a row before 2042 drops next month. The remote play workaround operated fairly smoothly on the Beta, though.

Offline ShaneN.

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 11:10 PM - 10/18/21 »
Yes, that's correct. SAB converts a 0 to 1 digital kb switch press to 0 to 100% analog interpolation over around 30ms for WASD. That ramped movement also provides a positive AA response in games that support left-stick AA (CoD, Battlefield, Apex Legends, Destiny etc).

Furthermore, SAB randomly deviates the WASD presses within a range of movement that is mostly tucked within an ST's deadzone. That means movement is not dead straight, predictable kb input along 0, 45, 90, 135, 180, 225, 270 and 315 degree vectors.

SAB therefore obfuscates kb input and beats digital input detection. It's virtually indistinguishable from controller input, so blocking a XIM based on input detection will also block legitimate controllers.

Cheers, thanks again.

Offline Loki76

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 09:52 AM - 10/20/21 »
Yes, that's correct. SAB converts a 0 to 1 digital kb switch press to 0 to 100% analog interpolation over around 30ms for WASD. That ramped movement also provides a positive AA response in games that support left-stick AA (CoD, Battlefield, Apex Legends, Destiny etc).

Furthermore, SAB randomly deviates the WASD presses within a range of movement that is mostly tucked within an ST's deadzone. That means movement is not dead straight, predictable kb input along 0, 45, 90, 135, 180, 225, 270 and 315 degree vectors.

SAB therefore obfuscates kb input and beats digital input detection. It's virtually indistinguishable from controller input, so blocking a XIM based on input detection will also block legitimate controllers.

So what do I have to do on my Apex to make sure SAB (simulate analog Behavior I take it) is always on and in use?
I noticed it's there in percentage from 0-100%. So it it's sits at 0% it's not in use and digital KB can be detected?
What percentage needs it to be set at to do the simulation and avoid detection? Is 1% enough, what does it do to input is it unnoticeable for me as a player no matter what setting it is at? I don't want weird and wonky input or super delayed making it feel laggy.

Any good standard tips for what setting I should use?

I am going to play BF2042 on Series X using the Apex, already did in the beta and it was fine with BFV profile, but SAB was at 0%.

Should I lower the 1000hz to 500hz or something as well?

Thanks for any help and advice. Hopefully a 2042 ST comes out shortly after game launch to get the best input. BFV worked for me, but I'd imagine it's not optimal.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #52 on: 10:46 AM - 10/20/21 »
0 isn't off, it's minimum. You should turn it up as far as you can such that it doesn't affect your gameplay.

Offline bssam112

• View Profile
    • Youtube
  • PSN ID: BraveBsom
« Reply #53 on: 08:04 AM - 10/21/21 »
0 isn't off, it's minimum. You should turn it up as far as you can such that it doesn't affect your gameplay.

Any updates regarding the company that found the solution?
If yes, when are we expecting a release?
Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtNPYwrOYqIvV1auFJb8yxA

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #54 on: 10:26 AM - 10/21/21 »
Company that found a solution?

Offline AskingAllTheTime

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 11:20 AM - 10/21/21 »
I think that he talks about the Asian Guy from Coovelite

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 11:28 AM - 10/21/21 »
If you refer to the chinese company, Obsiv mentioned in another topic that the adapters will arrive sometime later this week :). To my understanding Coovelite isnt the creator but the company that licensed the adapter from that chinese company. I could be wrong there though.
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #57 on: 11:30 AM - 10/21/21 »
They said they were going to ship them to us last night, but, I haven't seen a tracking number yet. Hopefully we will get clarification tonight.

Offline Cypher72

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 02:00 AM - 10/22/21 »
Now that you are off of Insider, use the Xbox Accessories app to downgrade your controller firmware: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/accessories/xbox-accessories-app

Hi, i have left Insider and reset my Xbox oneX, got on my pc and went to Xbox Accessories to try to downgrade Xbox controllers firmware and the option for downgrade does not even appear. Only to upgrade. Tells me no update necessary.
My Xim4 is with beta firmware.

Any way to hard reset controllers to original factory firmware via another method?

Will Xim4 get an update to counter getting stuck on controller updates?

best regards

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #59 on: 10:23 AM - 10/22/21 »
Will Xim4 get an update to counter getting stuck on controller updates?

We already released the update. It's in the Beta board of the XIM4 section.

Admin