XIM Community

Vanguard anti-cheat rumored to detect input adapters  (Read 2655 times)

Offline [email protected]

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: braydo2010
Jgod just put this video out and towards the end of the video he says the Vanguard anti-cheat may be able to detect input adapters and ban those players. He only mentions cronus and titan two, but are we worried this could affect those using a xim?? https://youtu.be/SSyEs5zB2H8

Offline traje

• View Profile
Re: Vanguard anti-cheat rumored to detect input adapters
« Reply #1 on: 11:53 AM - 10/13/21 »
Jackfrags mentions xim

Offline Hellbound

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12:06 PM - 10/13/21 »
Yes he did mention it.. His video and where he talks about it is here - > https://youtu.be/Xu3CMA8KqGM&t=6m30s

Offline Brutalimp

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12:39 PM - 10/13/21 »
I think itís more related to the use of scripts that give you more aim assist, anti-recoil and more cheat like uses of those devices from the video.

The game puts controller and KBM in the same lobbies, I donít think simple conversion of inputs is the problem. Not too worried about XIM, unless you using cheats/scripts along with it.
« Last Edit: 08:40 PM - 10/13/21 by Brutalimp »

Offline Axelstrife

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: nickskitz93
« Reply #4 on: 01:04 PM - 10/13/21 »
I think when this launches ill take a few days off from using Xim and see if there's any news on if it's detected/players getting banned before i risk my account.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02:50 PM - 10/13/21 »
I wish them lots of fun in trying that. The XIM team has literally spend months in creating the best possible invisibility shield for XIM Apex, and its so good now that its impossible to detect unless they intentionally set their detection parameters so strict that they will accidentally ban controller players too.

Im not sure if Titan, Cronus or Reasnow have similar mechanisms though.
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #6 on: 03:27 PM - 10/13/21 »
Cronus and Titan hardware (both invented by Jefferson Koppe) canít be detected in the same way a XIM canít be detected. Nor is it against ToS to use either device - both have been used at Call of Duty world championships by Activision on Xbox and PlayStation to minimise controller input lag.

What could be detected is digital input and input patterns in mod scripts. For example, using a digital kb for movement when the console expects analog (Fortnite did this to block their own m/kb users entering controller lobbies) and rapid fire mods, which use inhuman timing to spam button presses.

The very simple solution is to randomise the timing of these mods so they vary between iterations. For example, instead of outputting at precise 50ms hold, 50ms release loops, rapid fire could output a random value from 40 to 60ms, which is much more human-like.

As for keyboard detection, thatís what Simulate Analog Behaviour is for on XIM. A similar but more basic thing can be done in Cronus and Titan scripts.
« Last Edit: 03:38 PM - 10/13/21 by antithesis »

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Santigold

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03:33 PM - 10/13/21 »
Jgod just put this video out and towards the end of the video he says the Vanguard anti-cheat may be able to detect input adapters and ban those players. He only mentions cronus and titan two, but are we worried this could affect those using a xim?? https://youtu.be/SSyEs5zB2H8

Basically- we've heard this same stuff from other game studios in the past and yet, at least on Xbox every single game still works fine with xim up until this day.

The reason why it doesnt work on PS5 has to do with something different and that being- Sony wants to make sure that upcoming games truly use the full potential of the DualSense and it only works if you exclude all other controllers from compatibility.

SH / Raven mentioned it to make all these nerds on Reddit etc. shut up and stop complaining.

Honestly the recent COD games have issues far bigger than XIM users and script users on Titan Two and Cronus. Tons of ppl stopped playing since last 3 CODs and it wasnt because of the xim users or scripters.

When the whole game design promotes camping in ADS or in Lean mechanic or mounted with your weapon (which when mounted has almost zero recoil anyways, so you dont even need scripts) all of the mentioned things destroy any fun in the fps game.

And with the SBMM that Activision implemented inside the matchmaking, if someone plays better with anti recoil script or the xim that they would without those tools, they will be placed in a much higher skill lobby, so these clowns who like to complain wont even get matched against those players to begin with.

The franchise became a complete sh!t show, even way before these devices like Titan Two and XIM come into play.

Offline nyder

• Homo homini lupus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 04:29 PM - 10/13/21 »
Even using a Xim on Xbox I am forced to play with Crossplay on because there are so few players on Modern warfare on Xbox.  Almost every lobby now is filled with PC hackers with aimbot/wallhacks.

If Activision gavee 2 @#$% about fighhting cheating they would remove PC from crossplay. 
Warzone has been AIDS to the COD community.
Console: Xbox Series X - XIM APEX - Sony  Nav - Mouse: Logitech G502 Wireless - Headset: Steelseries Arctis 9X - Monitor: BenQ EX2780Q - Mouse Pad: Logitech G440

Offline warzoneking

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 06:32 PM - 10/13/21 »
In that jackfrags video he posted. He says the xim didn't work in BF 2042. is that true?

I wish them lots of fun in trying that. The XIM team has literally spend months in creating the best possible invisibility shield for XIM Apex, and its so good now that its impossible to detect unless they intentionally set their detection parameters so strict that they will accidentally ban controller players too.

Im not sure if Titan, Cronus or Reasnow have similar mechanisms though.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #10 on: 06:51 PM - 10/13/21 »
BF2042 is one of the games on PS5 that will only work with a DS5.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline ShaneN.

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 11:27 PM - 10/13/21 »
I was reading the other day on here that someone mentioned an option to make kb into analog movement to avoid being detected. Is this in either a firmware or option that is ONLY available to apex.  I only play call of duty,  its the only game I buy once a year and I really am happy with my xim4, for what I need it for.  I literally just this last week got a seriex x, new monitor and new headset to get ready for vanguard and this new news is pretty disheartening.  I also don't really want to replace the xim4 with an apex and deal with creating all my configs over again and have them feel the same as far as sensitivity goes and such.  I'd really hate to jump ship but at this rate, if I'm out of luck, I might just play kb/mouse into console directly.  It's funny because I never even turned on aim assist until cold war came out and I've been using xim for nearly 10 years. 

Anyways, is this analog movement thing available to me on xim4 (i'm on 4.00.20200203 fwiw)?  Might it be enough to avoid being detected conidering we aren't using scripts?  And does when using this "option" does it feel any different to the user when playing?

edit: I just looked at the firmware thread for xim4 and it appears like not only am I on the latest software, but it does indeed have this analog behaviour option.  I can't seem to find it in my cold war or warzone/mw2019 configs though.
« Last Edit: 11:35 PM - 10/13/21 by ShaneN. »

Offline ColtsFan

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 11:43 PM - 10/13/21 »
Same story we've heard time and again...  I'm not even slightly worried.
PC: R5 3600 / 3080 FTW3 / 16GB
Monitor: MSI Optix MAG321CQR
Inputs: Razer Orbweaver / Logitech G Pro X Superlight
Headset: HyperX Cloud 2 Wireless

Offline Scrotesmd2

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 12:26 AM - 10/14/21 »
Heard it all before this anti cheat will have zero impact on xim, maybe they could see odd inputs with rapid fire scrips ok Cronus but I can't see this impacting xim at all. Even if they looked at console inputs they would probably end up false banning normal controller users.  This is just bs marketing , xim has nothing to worry about and i doubt Cronus also.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #14 on: 01:26 AM - 10/14/21 »
Read more about it here - https://www.gamespot.com/articles/activision-reveals-new-anti-cheat-for-cod-vanguard-and-warzone/1100-6497035/

This is predominantly PC-side to detect cheat software at the OS level, and server-side analysis to detect behaviour. It wonít affect controller or device-based cheats like Titan or Cronus, nor will it likely store individual user input data required for heuristic analysis for things like button press timing.

It wonít touch XIM, nor is XIM a cheat device, so we have nothing to worry about.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Admin