XIM Community

Vanguard anti-cheat rumored to detect input adapters  (Read 6863 times)

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: Vanguard anti-cheat rumored to detect input adapters
« Reply #30 on: 03:42 PM - 10/14/21 »
SAB is enabled and used by default on the latest XIM 4 firmware.

What can't be done on XIM 4 is to configure the strength of SAB. It can on APEX.

You may notice a slight deviation off a straight line on a W, A, S or D press. Other than that, enjoy the left-stick Aim Assist with a keyboard :)

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline ShaneN.

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 05:50 PM - 10/14/21 »
SAB is enabled and used by default on the latest XIM 4 firmware.

What can't be done on XIM 4 is to configure the strength of SAB. It can on APEX.

You may notice a slight deviation off a straight line on a W, A, S or D press. Other than that, enjoy the left-stick Aim Assist with a keyboard :)

awesome, thanks!  I really appreciate the response.  Just to be clear, the version I'm on has it enabled by default (4.00.20200203)?  It's essentially (somehow) stopping the values from going 0 to full like when you hit a keyboard button versus as you gradually move from 0 to full on a joystick? Is that roughly it's intent?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #32 on: 05:59 PM - 10/14/21 »
Yes, that's correct. SAB converts a 0 to 1 digital kb switch press to 0 to 100% analog interpolation over around 30ms for WASD. That ramped movement also provides a positive AA response in games that support left-stick AA (CoD, Battlefield, Apex Legends, Destiny etc).

Furthermore, SAB randomly deviates the WASD presses within a range of movement that is mostly tucked within an ST's deadzone. That means movement is not dead straight, predictable kb input along 0, 45, 90, 135, 180, 225, 270 and 315 degree vectors.

SAB therefore obfuscates kb input and beats digital input detection. It's virtually indistinguishable from controller input, so blocking a XIM based on input detection will also block legitimate controllers.
« Last Edit: 06:05 PM - 10/14/21 by antithesis »

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #33 on: 09:08 PM - 10/14/21 »
SAB also adds subtile random variance to everything it does using the best random number generator available -- you. :-)
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline Oskool

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 07:15 AM - 10/15/21 »
Nice! I used to play around with /dev/random while learning the GNU/Linux Debian distro.

It also seeds the entropy pool using user inputs.

Offline RV1709

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 01:27 PM - 10/15/21 »
So are they expecting the kernel software to be able to detect xim or server side machine learning tech?

Offline will_6809

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: will_6809
« Reply #36 on: 01:56 PM - 10/15/21 »
So what about the PC side of things for people who use XIM apex on PC.

Will it be easier for them to detect XIM on PC compare to console.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #37 on: 04:13 PM - 10/15/21 »
XIM cannot be physically detected when in use. It is seen only as the controller connected to it.

Kernel software is designed to detect low-level operating system interaction with GPU drivers and RAM to inject cheat code into a game. Thatís not happening here, so thereís nothing to detect.

Server-based AI will likely be looking for the same thing. Behavioural analysis has been mentioned, but there is way too much code to analyse per player to attempt to sniff out mouse movement. Keyboard movement is already covered by SAB.

Unless youíre running PC-based cheat software in a PC or console lobby, you have nothing to worry about. Using a XIM is not cheating.

Offline will_6809

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: will_6809
« Reply #38 on: 07:55 AM - 10/17/21 »
antithesis, What is your thoughts on Titan 2 and XIM on PC together with this new anti-cheat.
Just got the Titan 2 a week ago. Thinking about sending it back with all this anti-cheat going on.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #39 on: 08:06 AM - 10/17/21 »
Titan Two runs scripts on-device, meaning they're not going to be detected by PC cheat software that is sniffing for app code in the OS. Titan Two mods are just automated button presses, there's no software to detect. If you're worried, simply don't run Gtuner IV while playing.

Offline Cypher72

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 09:09 AM - 10/17/21 »
I was reading the other day on here that someone mentioned an option to make kb into analog movement to avoid being detected. Is this in either a firmware or option that is ONLY available to apex.  I only play call of duty,  its the only game I buy once a year and I really am happy with my xim4, for what I need it for.  I literally just this last week got a seriex x, new monitor and new headset to get ready for vanguard and this new news is pretty disheartening.  I also don't really want to replace the xim4 with an apex and deal with creating all my configs over again and have them feel the same as far as sensitivity goes and such.  I'd really hate to jump ship but at this rate, if I'm out of luck, I might just play kb/mouse into console directly.  It's funny because I never even turned on aim assist until cold war came out and I've been using xim for nearly 10 years. 

Anyways, is this analog movement thing available to me on xim4 (i'm on 4.00.20200203 fwiw)?  Might it be enough to avoid being detected conidering we aren't using scripts?  And does when using this "option" does it feel any different to the user when playing?

edit: I just looked at the firmware thread for xim4 and it appears like not only am I on the latest software, but it does indeed have this analog behaviour option.  I can't seem to find it in my cold war or warzone/mw2019 configs though.

Is your xim4 still working ?17 october 2021?
Mine stopped on Xbox One x

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #41 on: 09:39 AM - 10/17/21 »
Mine stopped on Xbox One x

If you are on an Insider Xbox build, I suggest you downgrade (including your controllers). You should also be on the XIM4 Beta.

Offline Cypher72

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 09:45 AM - 10/17/21 »
How to do i downgrade please help

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #43 on: 09:48 AM - 10/17/21 »
Downgrade what? Are you on Xbox Insider builds? If so, remove yourself from it from the same place you added yourself initially.

Offline Cypher72

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 09:57 AM - 10/17/21 »
Thankyou

How do i downgrade controller?

Admin