XIM Community

[Q/A] change keys question  (Read 153 times)

Offline pedromaiaz

• View Profile
[Q/A] change keys question
« on: 12:46 PM - 10/12/21 »
Hi there, soo i have a xim apex and the deal was checking if is possible to change the keys for a few racing games like i want but, i figure that is hard to make that....can i for example make a custom config for dirt\ride 4 nfs?...
« Last Edit: 04:32 PM - 10/12/21 by mist4fun »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: change keys question
« Reply #1 on: 04:32 PM - 10/12/21 »
Welcome to the community. APEX configs allow you to reassign controller buttons to other keys or mouse buttons. APEX also has support for using other supported console controllers and these controller buttons can also be reassigned.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline pedromaiaz

• View Profile
Re: change keys question
« Reply #2 on: 08:31 PM - 10/25/21 »
Welcome to the community. APEX configs allow you to reassign controller buttons to other keys or mouse buttons. APEX also has support for using other supported console controllers and these controller buttons can also be reassigned.

thanks for your time mate. But ive seen videos how to change keys ....but none of them are for racing games and the app only show profiles for shooting games...how can i do it? i can say my friend who was the previous owner sold me the xim because he couldnt do it... i know ps4 let change keys except the left stick wich is the one i want to change....can you pinpoint what or how can i do that? please?....for me is not for shooting but for racing only! just 5 keys- left\right for direction - up for accel - down for brake and ctrl for handbrake! once again thank you for your time!

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: [Q/A] change keys question
« Reply #3 on: 09:05 AM - 10/26/21 »
In the button section of Manager there are a list of actions and a button symbol. Instead of assigning buttons based on the action name assign your keys based on the button image and what that button actually does in your game. The action name will be wrong for your game.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline pedromaiaz

• View Profile
Re: [Q/A] change keys question
« Reply #4 on: 03:13 PM - 10/29/21 »
In the button section of Manager there are a list of actions and a button symbol. Instead of assigning buttons based on the action name assign your keys based on the button image and what that button actually does in your game. The action name will be wrong for your game.

I just wanna say....brutalis!!!! way easyer than i was seeing... Many thanks from Portugal!