XIM Community

XIM APEX BETA [Firmware 20211012] [Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 5] (**LATEST**)  (Read 5414 times)

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
This BETA firmware enables:
● Support for Xbox Series X|S controllers on both Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One consoles.
● Support for PlayStation 5 through a limited set of PlayStation 4 3rd party controllers.
● Support for the XIM Universal Games Database system used by all versions of Manager going forward.

Changes since last BETA:
Support for latest Xbox controller firmware updates

NOTE: You may be required to press Guide on your Xbox controller if you don't see the green initialization lights on your XIM after startup. In which case, wait until your devices (i.e. mouse and keyboard) are fully initialized before pressing Guide (otherwise your controller may connect wirelessly to your console).

COMPATIBILITY: This firmware can be used with all versions of XIM APEX Manager back to 20180402. However, to add a Config for game designed specifically for a next-gen console, you must be on the latest Beta Manager.

Xbox Series X|S Requirements
Xbox has released patches to address spontaneous shutdowns experienced by owners of the console. You may need to force your Xbox to download the update:

Go to Settings on your Xbox Series X|S, then, System and then Updates and make sure you are current.

PlayStation 5 Requirements (not all PS5 games work with this method)
Unlike support for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 where you use a DS4 and DS3 respectively as your console controller on your XIM APEX, PlayStation 5 support requires the use of specific 3rd party PlayStation 4 controllers (not a DS5, DS4, or DS3 controller).

Most PS4 3rd party controller should work, however, the following controllers have been tested and known to work (remember to plug into port "..." on your hub):

@play Wired Compact
Horipad 4 FPS
Horipad FPS Plus
Hori Fighting Commander
Hori Mini Gamepad (*)
Mad Catz SFV Arcade Fightstick Alpha
Mad Catz TE2
Nacon Pro Revolution V1/2/3
Nacon Compact Controller (**)
Razer Raiju

(*) Requires the controller be connected to your hub after your XIM has been connected to your console and initialized.
(**) Mixed working/not working reports for this controller.

If you try a different 3rd party controller, please let us know how it works so we can keep this list current. We will work to add support for non-functioning 3rd party controllers if we can.

When creating Configs for your PlayStation 5, select PlayStation 4 in Manager as the console.

XIM APEX Firmware
NOTE: If your browser is failing to download, please right-click on the link and use "Save As".

Download XIM APEX Firmware Tool 20211012 for PC
Windows 7/8/8.1/10 x86/x64

Download XIM APEX Firmware Tool 20211012 for Mac
macOS 10.11 or higher

Flash Upgrade Instructions (instructional video):
1. Hold down the button on your XIM APEX
2. Plug your XIM APEX into your computer while continuing to hold the button
3. Wait for your XIM APEX's light to display blue and then release the button
4. Download and run the XIMAPEXFlash tool
5. Select Update Firmware
6. Disconnect your XIM APEX from your computer after the tool completes
« Last Edit: 01:43 PM - 10/20/21 by OBsIV »
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Dodge

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: RheinlandFluch
  • PSN ID: Malarn71
Has anything changed in the aim assist behavior since the last beta. Is that possible? Is now much stronger.At least that is how it feels to me.
Updated from 20210625.

Greetz,
Dodge
Xbox Series X
ASUS VG259Q
Apex 1000Hz
Logitech GPXS 1000Hz | 25600 DPI
Zowie GTF-X
Logitech GX Clicky G Pro
Steelseries Arctis 9X

Offline He4DHuNt3r

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: XuK He4DHuNt3r
  • PSN ID: He4DHuNt3r_XIM
Has anything changed in the aim assist behavior since the last beta. Is that possible? Is now much stronger.At least that is how it feels to me.
Updated from 20210625.

Nope, the only change was fixing a authentication issue with Xbox Series Controllers.
I just wanted to say that you are a phenomenal gamer. You make it look so easy and your gameplay has this commanding "tone" to it (i.e. not frantic -- more of a dominating calm :) ).

Offline Dodge

• MVP
    • View Profile
Ok, but now I have the problem, when my controller is connected to the Apex, the B button on my controller no longer reacts in games, just like the keyboard input (in my case c) which is mapped to the controller button b. Both works in the os of the xbox. If I connect the controller directly to the box, there are no problems either.
Xbox Series X
ASUS VG259Q
Apex 1000Hz
Zowie GTF-X
Logitech GX Clicky G Pro
Steelseries Arctis 9X

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Ok, but now I have the problem, when my controller is connected to the Apex, the B button on my controller no longer reacts in games, just like the keyboard input (in my case c) which is mapped to the controller button b. Both works in the os of the xbox. If I connect the controller directly to the box, there are no problems either.

Anyone else seeing this problem?

Offline Dodge

• MVP
    • View Profile
I reset the apex to factory settings and reloaded the new beta. Problem still exists. Then I tried the controller of the kids series s and everything works with it. Could it be that I wrecked my controller? I made the last controller update when it was connected to the apex. Since then he's been acting strange. Can I reset it?
Xbox Series X
ASUS VG259Q
Apex 1000Hz
Zowie GTF-X
Logitech GX Clicky G Pro
Steelseries Arctis 9X

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Can you tell us what type of controller this is happening with? And the firmware version that is currently running on the controller?

Offline Dodge

• MVP
    • View Profile
Can you tell us what type of controller this is happening with? And the firmware version that is currently running on the controller?

Both Xbox Series S/X Controller with Firmware 5.9.2709.0.

I updated my series X controller while it was connected to the apex but before I installed the new Apex beta. The kids' series S controller as normal via my Xbox series X with cable yesterday, If that helps.
Xbox Series X
ASUS VG259Q
Apex 1000Hz
Zowie GTF-X
Logitech GX Clicky G Pro
Steelseries Arctis 9X

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Ok, to confirm, you aren't running an Insider build, correct?

Offline Dodge

• MVP
    • View Profile
Ok, to confirm, you aren't running an Insider build, correct?

Correct.
Xbox Series X
ASUS VG259Q
Apex 1000Hz
Zowie GTF-X
Logitech GX Clicky G Pro
Steelseries Arctis 9X

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
I just unenrolled from Insider. Turns out they added the ability for controller to go backwards on firmware which is good. My Series controller dropped back to 5.9.2709.0. I confirmed that the 'B' button on my controller works when connected through my XIM APEX. So, pressing 'B' on the controller doesn't make it through your XIM APEX?

Offline Dodge

• MVP
    • View Profile
Exactly.

Can't I hard reset the @#$% controller somehow? Today I bought a new one to be on the safe side. The latest firmware update has been installed on it and it works with the Apex as it should.
Xbox Series X
ASUS VG259Q
Apex 1000Hz
Zowie GTF-X
Logitech GX Clicky G Pro
Steelseries Arctis 9X

Offline Dodge

• MVP
    • View Profile
Solved. Packed batteries in the controller and followed this video. Reacts with cable and connected to the apex again as it should now.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HbkWbzt5T9A
Xbox Series X
ASUS VG259Q
Apex 1000Hz
Zowie GTF-X
Logitech GX Clicky G Pro
Steelseries Arctis 9X

Offline mcdonamw

• MVP
    • View Profile
So since this latest FW I've had a number of issues, but now my latest is it seems every time I start my Xbox, the Apex comes online but it does not bring any of my peripherals, including the controller online.  I have to unplug the Apex and plug it back in before things will turn on.  Any ideas?
XIM Apex | XSX | Huntsman TE | G502 LightSpeed | Artisan ShidenKai

Offline MorbidDesire

• View Profile
Can I get some clarification on something? IIRC there were some ps5 configs for ps5 games like Destiny 2 and they're gone. I'm beginning to use the remote play method with dualsense to run ps5 games. Are the PS4 configs optimal? I'm specifically concerned about Destiny 2.

Thanks in advance.