XIM Community

[RESOLVED] Help!! Getting a Series X controller to work with the Xim Apex hub  (Read 270 times)

Offline Beryl

• View Profile
Help i cant get my Series X controller to work with the xim apex. Iv followed the instructions and updated to the latest firmware. When i connect the controller directly to the xim apex it works but when i connect it to the hub it wont power on? My One X controller works fine but im selling that. Iv run out of ideas of things to try.

Thanks in advance
« Last Edit: 08:19 PM - 10/12/21 by Beryl »

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Have you installed the beta XIM APEX firmware? See https://xim.tech/beta

Make sure the USB cable connecting your controller to XIM's USB hub supports data or sync.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Welcome to the community. Do you have a spare hub that can be tested?

Also, you mentioned updating to the latest firmware. Was this the latest from the download section? If so this doesn't support your controller. APEX supports this controller using the beta firmware and beta Manager.

If you would like to test our latest beta please visit the link below. Please read the instructions on the download pages. Feedback in the beta section of the forum is appreciated.

https://xim.tech/beta
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Beryl

• View Profile
Hi, the usb cable works with the one x controller to the hub fine, it when i try connect the series x controller to the hub it doesnt power up the controller. Like i said the controller powers up if i connect it straight into the xim so the issue must be the xim hub not reconising the series x controller. Anything else i could try?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
The beta XIM APEX firmware should fix the Series X controller not being recognised.

The beta firmware is required to use a Series X controller on Series X or S consoles. Your Xbox One controller however will work just fine without needing to update the XIM APEX firmware.

If it's not powering on when connected to XIM APEX's USB hub, try removing the controller batteries.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad

Offline Beryl

• View Profile
Iv never used batteries in the controllers when wire connecting to the xim, the controller sounds like its failing to get enough power from the hub i can hear a click buzz in controller when plugged into the hub but like i said wire into xim apec and it switches on no issue?

Offline Beryl

• View Profile
Its a power issue with the hub and the series x controller. Just put batterys in the series x controller something i never had to do with the one x controllers and its working with the xim apex. Hopefully anyone else reading this will solve there issue aswell. Thanks so much for your help

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
In that case, it's easily solved by adding a power adapter to the XIM APEX USB hub. Specs are 5V 3A, 3.5mm x 1.35mm, center-positive.

Power issues are typically caused by keyboards with RGB lighting. Disabling RGB may also fix the issue if the Series X controller is just tipping the power requirements over the edge.

Offline Beryl

• View Profile
Where theres no port in the xim apex hub for a power cable? Btw when iv tried controller in the hub i took the mouse out. And still nothing.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Look again, there is a power port on the USB hub :)

Offline Beryl

• View Profile
Theres a small hole that looks like a reset slot, u telling me thats a power port 😳

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Look just to the right of the cable on the USB hub.

Offline Beryl

• View Profile
Theres a very small hole? Will see if iv got an adapter :)

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Make sure it meets the specs or it could damage your gear!

Offline Beryl

• View Profile
Had a universal adapter for the titan 2 but its slightly too big 😏 will check and search online for the 1 with the specs you kindly shared.