XIM Community

Wooting 2 HE keyboard?  (Read 109 times)

Offline warzoneking

• View Profile
Wooting 2 HE keyboard?
« on: 02:48 PM - 10/10/21 »
Has anyone tried any of the wooting keyboards before? Thoughts on it and using with the xim for analog movement?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: Wooting 2 HE keyboard?
« Reply #1 on: 02:56 PM - 10/10/21 »
I have a Wooting Two and also know the Wooting One is compatible with XIM APEX. However, the analog switches on these models isnít great (keypress depth is too short) and youíll get much the same AA effect from Simulate Analog Behaviour.

If you want the full benefit of analog input, an Azeron Compact is a much better paring for XIM. I dropped my Wooting for Azeron in my XIM setup the second I heard about it and havenít regretted it for a second.

That said, I love Wooting keyboards and am very tempted to preorder the new model. The only real issue I have with it is a lack of dedicated arrow keys on a 60% board. It can be overcome by remapping them via Wootility, so all is not lost.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline warzoneking

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07:30 PM - 10/10/21 »
What number would you recommend or SAB then? I have the azeron compact, but couldn't get used to it. May try it again and give it more time. Unless I sell it

I have a Wooting Two and also know the Wooting One is compatible with XIM APEX. However, the analog switches on these models isnít great (keypress depth is too short) and youíll get much the same AA effect from Simulate Analog Behaviour.

If you want the full benefit of analog input, an Azeron Compact is a much better paring for XIM. I dropped my Wooting for Azeron in my XIM setup the second I heard about it and havenít regretted it for a second.

That said, I love Wooting keyboards and am very tempted to preorder the new model. The only real issue I have with it is a lack of dedicated arrow keys on a 60% board. It can be overcome by remapping them via Wootility, so all is not lost.

Offline pyro90294

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: pyro90294
« Reply #3 on: 09:16 PM - 10/10/21 »
I own a Wooting One & after about 2 months of use I have noticed that when you utilize the wootility software a certain way, the analog movement can actually mess with your mouse aim on the XIM. I use the W1 with analog keys via Titan 2 & KMG capture (similar to XIM link; proper power setup and all) and I found that the deadzone settings on the movement curves can cause your mouse to skip and stutter slightly when entering & exiting the AA bubble (I assume itís due to data aggregation that the Wootility curves gather from the button inputs). It seemed to help at first but I concluded that the SAB feature is better after ive done some lengthy play sessions to test it out.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #4 on: 10:35 PM - 10/10/21 »
What number would you recommend or SAB then? I have the azeron compact, but couldn't get used to it. May try it again and give it more time. Unless I sell it
I'm an old PC gamer and have never used analog movement before (I can't play shooters with a controller...except NEXUS). It only took a few hours to get used to Azeron. Calibrate the analog stick in Azeron Software, figure out your bindings and your XIM will love you for it.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Admin