XIM Community

Manager closes when...  (Read 771 times)

Online mcdonamw

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Manager closes when...
« Reply #15 on: 10:06 AM - 10/19/21 »
I found a way to replicate the issue, it seems to be due to the manager not properly downloading the database.

1) Go into global settings and press force library download. There are 2 cases now:

2 A) Before you press download, if at the bottom you see the text for the latest changes (Insurgency Sandstorm profile added, ...) everything is normal. Repeat from 1) until you make it to 2 B) as you didnt trigger the bug.

2 B) Before you press download, if at the bottom you see NO text for the latest changes you triggered the bug. Press download now.
3) You can now create a new config (say Destiny 2) which will directly crash the manager after picking your console profile. When you restart the manager everything works well again as the new database download didnt get properly saved onto the XIM for some reason. However if you dont create a config yet to crash the manager, and instead you close the manager and shut down your XIM after the bugged database download, then your manager will crash everytime you create a new config. To solve this force the library download as often as necessary until you see the text. Then close the manager, then powercycle your XIM.

This is not my experience.  I have rebooted my phone, launched manager, gone into global settings... the text you suggest is listed (so no bug triggered).  I went ahead forced a download.  Attempt to create new config, crash.

XIM Apex | XSX | Huntsman TE | G502 LightSpeed | Artisan ShidenKai

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #16 on: 12:41 PM - 10/19/21 »
I can't reproduce the issue given the steps here. This is all using the latest Beta?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Chaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 01:24 PM - 10/19/21 »
Basically I can't create any new configs no matter the game. I have not used all my config allocations either. Cheers obsiv
Have you updated the Xim to Windows 11 and opened task manager and end task on all processes and delete Xim46.apek?

Don't let me know how you get on, thanks in advance.

Online mcdonamw

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 03:31 PM - 10/19/21 »
I can't reproduce the issue given the steps here. This is all using the latest Beta?

Yes, on latest beta, however this was happening prior to updating to latest.  I thought updating would fix the issue but it did not.  It's very bizarre tbh.

As mentioned, I had to delete my D2 config entirely in order to create a new D2 config without the manager crashing, however nothing I can do will allow me to recreate my BO:Cold War config so I'm left without one entirely (deleted it to try to replicate the D2 findings).

---Update---

So I decided to do a screen record on my phone to show the exact experience, and all of a sudden I am now able to recreate my BO:Cold War config, but again only if I scroll to it.  This was not working prior.  It was crashing no matter how I tried to create it.  At any rate it's now only crashing if I search for it, like all other games.

Note:  I'm beginning to wonder if the whole "need to delete D2 config to recreate it" as mentioned above was a false flag and in that scenario I may have scrolled to the config vs. searching for it and why it probably worked.  Shrug.

Link to video:  https://1drv.ms/v/s!AgLKGMVNs4_Ygr13PFTQBc2uzNXkJg?e=kyeznD
« Last Edit: 03:50 PM - 10/19/21 by mcdonamw »
XIM Apex | XSX | Huntsman TE | G502 LightSpeed | Artisan ShidenKai

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 04:12 PM - 10/19/21 »
Yes im using the latest beta version for the XIM and Manager.
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central