XIM Community

Battlefield 2042 3rd party controller not allowed  (Read 5277 times)

Online Oskool

• View Profile
Re: Battlefield 2042 3rd party controller not allowed
« Reply #15 on: 09:04 AM - 10/07/21 »
Actually 2042 does support keyboard. If you plug your keyboard to ps5. It just like cod. But it seems that it does not support mouse lol.
Anyway, remote play always works

A DICE dev has stated that both Battlefield 1 and Battlefield V on console have native mouse support coded into the game, but the DICE devs never turned it on due to 'gameplay decisions'.

After reading their statement below, I don't see them changing their stance on this in Battlefield 2042.

"Console - Mouse & Keyboard Support

Weíve heard your questions about mouse and keyboard support for consoles. We can confirm that we wonít be supporting this on consoles at the launch of Battlefield 2042, but we are still investigating the various options about making that available, and how it may impact cross-play. If that ever changes, youíll hear it from us first."

https://www.ea.com/games/battlefield/battlefield-2042/news/battlefield-commitment-to-positive-play

I also find it disturbing that DICE chose to make this announcement under their 'Positive Play Charter'. It's like DICE is saying using a mouse on console goes against their charter and you'd be disrupting other players. So basically a cheater.

But if BF2042 doesn't have native mouse support then I'll simply buy a XIM instead.
« Last Edit: 11:43 AM - 10/07/21 by Oskool »

Offline Brutalimp

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 08:16 PM - 10/07/21 »
Itís weird that mouse and keyboard isnít supported on consoles even though they put them in the same lobbies as PC players by default (casuals wonít know to turn off crossplay) AND there is little to no aim assist on controller eitherÖ..
« Last Edit: 10:30 PM - 10/07/21 by Brutalimp »

Offline noregretd

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 09:23 PM - 10/07/21 »
I have been with Sony since the original PS1 and owned every Sony console . When I read that PS5 does not allow DS4 controllers , changed their privacy policy in a really bad way and stuck a microphone In the controller, limited HDMI 2.1 to 32Gbps, did not give VRR or expansion storage, I jumped the ship. I sold my PS4 Pro with SSD and bought XBSX. This thread reinforces that I made the right decision and my XIM works perfectly with XBSX. I will only miss the Uncharted and miss it a lot since The Last of US 2 had a terrible story. I don’t feel bad for Sony. I remember so well when I pre ordered COD WW2 6 months before release (I was very drunk) and tried to cancel the next day and Sony refused. 6 months before release ! I don’t forget how companies treat me.
PS I would rather buy Google Stadia than use remote play on PS5 if I had one lol (joke, I would not buy neither )
« Last Edit: 09:29 PM - 10/07/21 by noregretd »

Offline LXVE

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 02:24 AM - 10/08/21 »
I have been with Sony since the original PS1 and owned every Sony console . When I read that PS5 does not allow DS4 controllers , changed their privacy policy in a really bad way and stuck a microphone In the controller, limited HDMI 2.1 to 32Gbps, did not give VRR or expansion storage, I jumped the ship. I sold my PS4 Pro with SSD and bought XBSX. This thread reinforces that I made the right decision and my XIM works perfectly with XBSX. I will only miss the Uncharted and miss it a lot since The Last of US 2 had a terrible story. I donít feel bad for Sony. I remember so well when I pre ordered COD WW2 6 months before release (I was very drunk) and tried to cancel the next day and Sony refused. 6 months before release ! I donít forget how companies treat me.
PS I would rather buy Google Stadia than use remote play on PS5 if I had one lol (joke, I would not buy neither )

I'm curious if Sony's decision to require dualsense is an actual response to Xim usage, or if they're trying to simply sell more of their own tech/max revenues. It is interesting that the only games I've heard requiring dualsense seem to be FPS games such as Siege and BF, but then again that's mostly because of hearing about this issue through the xim forums and discord. Is Sony requiring dualsense for all their newer games including single player titles?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 03:42 AM - 10/08/21 »
or if they're trying to simply sell more of their own tech/max revenues.

Thats the reason, and it affects all kind of games not just FPS ones. The FPS titles are just the ones that Ximmers usually try.
The new Fifa doesnt work, FF7 Remake also doesnt work, or the new Diablo 2 Remake.
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline ColtsFan

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 04:02 AM - 10/08/21 »
Controller on PC for BF2042 is completely broken for me (Xbox One controller)..  no matter what I do I can't get the game to recognize any inputs from the controller.  It's a known issue just annoying, can't try out the XIM on the beta.
PC: R7 5800X / EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 / 16GB
Monitor: MSI Optix 32Ē Curved 1440p 144hz
Inputs: Razer Orbweaver / Logitech G Pro X Superlight
Headset: HyperX Cloud 2 Wireless

Offline ioop16

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 04:39 AM - 10/08/21 »
someone can send me the tutorial to use remote play, i losted the link

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 05:29 AM - 10/08/21 »
someone can send me the tutorial to use remote play, i losted the link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-agzhD-_0U
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline ioop16

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 05:35 AM - 10/08/21 »
thanks i will try this afternoon

Offline ioop16

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 06:09 AM - 10/08/21 »
od1n we need a dualshock 4 for remote play (dualsense is ok??) ? i only have Hori controller ...

if i understand good, i plug my xim apex + dualsence on my PC + remote play

and i play on my tv

right ? (so my laptop must be close of my tv)
« Last Edit: 06:45 AM - 10/08/21 by ioop16 »

Offline ioop16

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 07:15 AM - 10/08/21 »
i need help,  i plug my xim apex with keyboard, mouse and dualsense to my pc

i launch remote play

i start battlefield and i have this message : please reconnect the controller to continue

edit : impossible to play with keyboard and mouse on battlefield ... still have this message

i plug my xim apex to my laptop

and i plug everything on the hub (to my lapop)

dualsense, keyboard, mouse,  nothing works

2h i search ....
« Last Edit: 07:51 AM - 10/08/21 by ioop16 »

Offline SlipDigby

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 08:32 AM - 10/08/21 »
Controller on PC for BF2042 is completely broken for me (Xbox One controller)..  no matter what I do I can't get the game to recognize any inputs from the controller.  It's a known issue just annoying, can't try out the XIM on the beta.

I had the same issue. I just went into key bindings (bf2042 menu) and re inputted one of the buttons on the controller and after that it recognised my xbox controller.

Hope this helps.

Offline ioop16

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 09:06 AM - 10/08/21 »
almost 3h i try remote play for battlefield ...with dualsense (remote play with keyboard and mouse) doesnt work

someone can help me ? people said it works but apparently no .... not with dualsense

if someone can help me, because if i cant play with remote play, i will cancel my pre order battlefield

i plug my xim apex to my computer + the hub, then i plug on this hub my keyboard, mouse and dualsense

then i launch remote play

if i need a DS4, why u indicate dualsense on this tutorial ??

Should i try chiaki ?? do u have a tutorial ?

when i read here, it works with dualsense : https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=95975.0

doesnt work, even menu of ps5, my keyboard doesnt work (light of my mouse / keyboard works)
« Last Edit: 10:25 AM - 10/08/21 by ioop16 »

Offline gravkaw

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 12:59 PM - 10/08/21 »
almost 3h i try remote play for battlefield ...with dualsense (remote play with keyboard and mouse) doesnt work

someone can help me ? people said it works but apparently no .... not with dualsense

if someone can help me, because if i cant play with remote play, i will cancel my pre order battlefield

i plug my xim apex to my computer + the hub, then i plug on this hub my keyboard, mouse and dualsense

then i launch remote play

if i need a DS4, why u indicate dualsense on this tutorial ??

Should i try chiaki ?? do u have a tutorial ?

when i read here, it works with dualsense : https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=95975.0

doesnt work, even menu of ps5, my keyboard doesnt work (light of my mouse / keyboard works)

I'll help you out. Forget the DualSense controller I couldn't get it to work with XIM Apex either, instead we'll use your Hori controller (although if you want everything to be hassle free then an original DualShock 4 controller would be the easiest option as you would skip all of the steps below).

First, there's a quirk with Xim Apex and the Hori controller, it cannot already be connected to your Apex hub when you plug it into your PC as it will result in nothing being recognized. So you have to make sure that EVERYTHING (including your mouse/keyboard) is unplugged from your Apex hub first, then connect your Apex to your PC (wait for it to start blinking slowly), then connect your Hori controller to the Apex hub (wait a few seconds) and lastly your mouse/keyboard. You have to do this procedure every time you want to connect Apex/Hori combo to your PC to use RemotePlay!

Now the issue is that the Hori controller is not an original Playstation controller so RemotePlay still won't recognize it, but there's a workaround for that. We can use DS4Windows to trick our PC into thinking the Hori controller is an original DS4 thus making it work with RemotePlay.

Before installing DS4Windows make sure to either close Steam or disable support for Playstation controllers in Steam Big Picture Mode as it can conflict with DS4Windows.

Follow this video tutorial until the 13 minute mark; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ygnis0V6Nz4
Make a new profile, choose yes when it asks you to create a Preset profile, choose Gamepad and set Output to DualShock 4 and hit Apply. Give the profile a name and hit the Save button. This will return you to the controller list, next select your newly made profile in the drop down list (Selected Profile) next to your Hori controller (also a good idea to check the Link Profile/ID box so that it will always use that profile).

Now RemotePlay should recognize your XIM Apex/Hori combination.

Offline Scarvers

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 02:35 PM - 10/08/21 »
So I am currently on a ps5 and have a few questions if someone could help me with...

1- So currently we are all unsure if bf2042 will even be compatible with xim apex on ps5 unless you use remote play?

2- Does xbox series x have the same issue as ps5 or is xim apex working fine on it without these hassles?