XIM Community

Hell let loose XBox Series X  (Read 3565 times)

Offline lmulli

• View Profile
Hell let loose XBox Series X
« on: 04:59 AM - 10/05/21 »
Whilst we await an official config for this (assuming they make one of course!), has anyone managed to find a decent profile to use with the game on the Xbox Series X?

I've tried a few ranging from BF1 - BFV, Modern Warfare, Apex ST etc... but all seem quite choppy.

Thanks.

Offline jake5m

• View Profile
Re: Hell let loose XBox Series X
« Reply #1 on: 05:16 AM - 10/05/21 »
The beta felt choppy even on controller!  Fortunately the look mechanic received significant improvements between the beta and today's release. It was their highest priority issue for launch. It feels much better now.

Offline lmulli

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05:21 AM - 10/05/21 »
The beta felt choppy even on controller!  Fortunately the look mechanic received significant improvements between the beta and today's release. It was their highest priority issue for launch. It feels much better now.

And have you managed to find an existing ST that works well with the game?  Thanks.

Online mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09:16 AM - 10/05/21 »
This isn't a priority with other games releasing around it but support may come later in the month.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline jake5m

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09:21 AM - 10/05/21 »
Thank you for the update mist4fun.

I understand that HLL has a lower profile that the Fall's big releases (Insurgency, Vanguard, Battlefield, etc) but it's a spectacular game.  I have a feeling that it will be a huge hit with Xim users. We'll still be playing HLL long after the Vanguard and Battlefield hype has died down.

Offline vr6

• .:R32
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10:14 AM - 10/05/21 »
hope for a HLL support aswell.
PS5 | Samsung U28E590D | Logitech G502 & G910 | XIM Apex

Offline Pete1564

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01:29 PM - 10/05/21 »
Also hoping for a HLL ST.
Just for info of anyone interested, Hell Let Loose is currently playable on PS5 with xim apex and 3rd party controller.
Anyone found a usable ST?

Offline Boltman

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 04:02 PM - 10/06/21 »
I'm on PS5 and the xim apex works with Hell let loose.

My question...

Which ST works best for now?
Keyboard replacement: Sony Move Navigation Controller l Mouse: Logitech G9x & G502 l Mousepad: MM400 l Controller: PS5 (PS4 hori fighting commander) l XIM: Apex l Gaming Monitor: LG 27UD68-W l Headset: Sony Pulse Wireless Headset

My old config/setup: https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=25362.msg306559#msg306559

Online mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09:33 AM - 10/07/21 »
I started working on the Xbox version yesterday.

Is there no training or practice mode? Also, for those that play the game, does the sniper class give the ability to steady the scope and remove idle sway? I haven't been able to play this role yet, I'm always the spotter. The system is weird to me, the person who creates the squad must be the spotter, second person joins and is sniper. Whenever I join a recon squad as the second person I'm still the spotter and unable to change roles.

Offline Decreet

• CFG
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 10:55 AM - 10/07/21 »

Is there no training or practice mode? Also, for those that play the game, does the sniper class give the ability to steady the scope and remove idle sway? I haven't been able to play this role yet, I'm always the spotter. The system is weird to me, the person who creates the squad must be the spotter, second person joins and is sniper. Whenever I join a recon squad as the second person I'm still the spotter and unable to change roles.

There is a hold to stabilize

Offline Chaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 11:53 AM - 10/07/21 »

I don't think there is a practice mode. I believe it's RB to steady your aim, I'd assume it'll be the same when sniping. f you need a "spotter" let me know and we'll see if we can get you in the sniper role

Offline gaz384

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 12:18 PM - 10/07/21 »
Whenever I join a recon squad as the second person I'm still the spotter and unable to change roles.

So if you create a recon squad you are automatically the squad leader/spotter (the game makes any new squad creation have a squad leader)...there is no way around this. If you join as the second person it will make you the sniper.

The reason you are joining a squad that already has a sniper is thus:

1. Person 1 creates recon squad and is squad leader/spotter
2. Person 2 joins as and is sniper
3.Person 1 leaves (there is now no longer a squad leader/spotter present)
4. This leaves a squad with just a sniper
5. This means whoever joins this recon squad next will be placed into the squad leader/spotter role

You can add the sniper class as your favourite in the main menu, then this might help you get into a sniper role quicker but it is hard. There can only ever be 2 snipers in a 50 man team.

PS thank you for all your hard work across the games

Offline bluenose72

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 12:50 PM - 10/07/21 »
Not found anything even close to playable yet. Ive tried enlisted, all the Bfs, apex, Titanfall.
I find its awful on controller as well.

Online mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 04:41 PM - 10/07/21 »
Thanks for explaining gaz, I just haven't had luck with it yet.

Not found anything even close to playable yet. Ive tried enlisted, all the Bfs, apex, Titanfall.
I find its awful on controller as well.

It uses a square mechanic, the games you mentioned are circular. Try using config from  borderlands or other shooters and remember that the in-game deadzone size can be adjusted.

Offline jake5m

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 04:48 AM - 10/08/21 »
Thanks for the tip!  Im really enjoying the game so far.