XIM Community

[Q/A] Xim apex not working on start up with PowerA  (Read 128 times)

Offline capsnz2000

• View Profile
Hi can anyone help? When I load my apex into series x, I get the rainbow colours but I donít get the flashes of green lights, only a red light. My keyboard and mouse light up fine but not the controller. A light appears from the apex hub too. But there is no activity coming from my controller when I press buttons. Iím using a PowerA Xbox controller which I was told was compatible for the seriesX. It works fine when I directly plug it to the console but doesnít work through the apex. Ive downloaded the latest firmware. Iím assuming itís the controller causing the issue?? Should I return it and swap it for a different controller? I do have the wireless controller that shipped with the seriesX. Should I use this one? do I need a certain cord to get for it? The port doesnít look micro-USB. I think itís USB-C shaped??? Any ideas much appreciated
« Last Edit: 09:05 AM - 10/05/21 by mist4fun »

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: Xim apex not working on start up
« Reply #1 on: 03:49 AM - 10/05/21 »
You need a genuine Microsoft Xbox One or Series X controller. A PowerA controller will not work with XIM APEX.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline capsnz2000

• View Profile
Re: [Q/A] Xim apex not working on start up with PowerA
« Reply #2 on: 10:28 AM - 10/05/21 »
I do have the Xbox wireless controller. Do I need to get a USB-C cable? are all usb-c cables the same??

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: [Q/A] Xim apex not working on start up with PowerA
« Reply #3 on: 02:17 PM - 10/05/21 »
Get a USB-C to USB-A cable with data or sync support. I use UGREEN cables from Amazon.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Admin