XIM Community

Edit Config stuck on Listening... Won't register keyboard or mouse inputs.  (Read 466 times)

Offline antelopeslr5000

• View Profile
Hi all

I'm trying to get my XIM Apex working but not with much luck.

Setup:

Controller - Hori Wired Mini Gamepad for PS4
Keyboard - Logitech G Pro X Mechanical Keyboard
Mouse - Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse (set to 1000Hz polling rate)

XIM Apex Firmware - Latest (20200307)
XIM Apex Manager - Latest (20190719) running iOS 15.0.1 on iPhone 11

So first, I tried connecting it to my PS5 but I noticed that I didn't get the flashing green lights after plugging the XIM Apex in. I was able to still connect to the XIM Apex via XIM Apex Manager and I could see that it recognises my controller, keyboard and mouse.

Then I connected it to my MacBook Pro. Same problem, no flashing green lights when plugging in the XIM Apex to the MacBook's UBS port. Again, I was able to connected to the XIM Apex via XIM Apex Manager.

I was able to load a config but when I tried to remap some keys with the Edit Config, I wasn't able to to so. It was 'Listening' for a keyboard input but never registered the keystroke. I tried a different keyboard but the result was the same.

Then I tried the same with the mouse and it too was the same as result as the keyboards, it would not recognise any mouse input and would be stuck in 'Listening' when trying to remap.

Then I connected the XIM hub directly to the MacBook's USB port and the keyboard and mouse where recognised by the MacBook and I was able to use them on the computer.

As a last ditch effort, I performed a factory reset of the XIM Apex but still no luck. I'm not getting the flashing green lights and I don't know why???

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance  :)

Offline antelopeslr5000

• View Profile
So I've seemed to have got this working now.

I updated the XIM Apex firmware to the beta (20210625). I couldn't get the beta XIM Apex Manager through the Apple App Store via TestFlight because I don't have a code to redeem (don't know where to get one - is there someone I need to PM to get a invitation code???)

So I used my MacBook in BootCamp to launch into Windows 10, downloaded the XIM Apex Manager (20210625), entered wired mode on the XIM Apex. I'm now getting the green flashing lights when connecting the XIM Apex to the MacBook (under Windows 10) and now I'm able to edit configs using this method. All keystrokes and mouse inputs are registered and recognised.

I was a bit reluctant to update to the beta firmware as I thought I might need the TestFlight beta iOS XIM Apex Manager app to communicate to the XIM Apex but it seems to be working fine with the app available from the Apple App Store.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
I'm glad you got it sorted out. TestFlight isn't working for you?
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline antelopeslr5000

• View Profile
I'm glad you got it sorted out. TestFlight isn't working for you?

No, TestFlight isn't working. I have the app on my iPhone but when I open it, I receive the following message:

"No Apps Available to Test. You currently have no apps to test. Tap on the public link or email invitation again to join the beta, or contact the developer for an invitation code."

I'm assuming that I need an invitation code or is there a public link for the beta XIM Apex Manager?

Offline audizzle88

• View Profile
you may have to delete the app off your phone completely, then redownload it from here https://testflight.apple.com/join/r5d8KIT2 -  mine worked once I used this link.

Offline antelopeslr5000

• View Profile
you may have to delete the app off your phone completely, then redownload it from here https://testflight.apple.com/join/r5d8KIT2 -  mine worked once I used this link.

Thanks, that worked a treat! Much appreciated.

Admin