XIM Community

Best Device ? (K-M)  (Read 582 times)

Offline JustAPlayer

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: FullCheat
Best Device ? (K-M)
« on: 04:20 PM - 10/01/21 »
Hello i'm new here !
I would like to know between the XIM4 and the ReaSnow S1 which is the best adapter to play Keyboard Mouse

it's the 2 most used ones, what do you think?
also explain why one is better than the other

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Best Device ? (K-M)
« Reply #1 on: 04:35 PM - 10/01/21 »
XIM4 because has the much better mouse movements, so for me thats an easy choice.
But the correct answer would be XIM Apex, since its cheaper and better than a XIM4 ;).
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline JustAPlayer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04:38 PM - 10/01/21 »
XIM4 because has the much better mouse movements, so for me thats an easy choice.
But the correct answer would be XIM Apex, since its cheaper and better than a XIM4 ;).

Okay and what are you basing your opinion on that XIM4 is better?

I said XIM 4 because it's the one I can get for free or the ReaSnow S1 one of the two, not both

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #3 on: 05:07 PM - 10/01/21 »
Get the XIM 4.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: ceebs_63
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
« Reply #4 on: 01:49 AM - 10/02/21 »

I said XIM 4 because it's the one I can get for free or the ReaSnow S1 one of the two, not both
Od1n answered your question. XIM4 is much more accurate as each fps game has its own unique Smart Translator rather than Reasnow’s one size fits all approach.

But, TBH, you’re basically asking a bunch of XIMmers whether the S1 is better than the device that they've chosen. We're gonna say XIM, right. ::) I bet if you ask the same question on the Reasnow forum, then you're gonna get the opposite response. Does that help you? No.

My advice is buy both and try them out. Return the one that doesn't work as well. (P.S. It won't be the XIM4 :).)
« Last Edit: 04:19 AM - 10/02/21 by ceebs »

Where's HL3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro, 1TB Crucial MX500, XSX, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, Aorus AMP500, Audio Technica ADG1X, SB X7, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Core i5 4690k, Corsair H100i, RTX 2070, 16GB Corsair Vengence DDR3, XFX ProSeries 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 2x500GB Samsung Evo SSDs, 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD, 1TB WD HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables. And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!

Offline JustAPlayer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07:15 AM - 10/02/21 »

Od1n answered your question. XIM4 is much more accurate as each fps game has its own unique Smart Translator rather than Reasnow’s one size fits all approach.

But, TBH, you’re basically asking a bunch of XIMmers whether the S1 is better than the device that they've chosen. We're gonna say XIM, right. ::) I bet if you ask the same question on the Reasnow forum, then you're gonna get the opposite response. Does that help you? No.

My advice is buy both and try them out. Return the one that doesn't work as well. (P.S. It won't be the XIM4 :).)

Hello, I tested both this morning
and strangely I have a better feeling with the ReaSnowS1

do you have any idea why?
wrong settings ?

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: ceebs_63
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
« Reply #6 on: 09:14 AM - 10/02/21 »
I don't, but then it took me a few weeks to set up my 4, back in the day. I got it dialled in by following the Quick Start guide and Expert Configuration vids. Fact is, if the Reasnow feels better to you, then you should go with that device.

Where's HL3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro, 1TB Crucial MX500, XSX, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, Aorus AMP500, Audio Technica ADG1X, SB X7, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Core i5 4690k, Corsair H100i, RTX 2070, 16GB Corsair Vengence DDR3, XFX ProSeries 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 2x500GB Samsung Evo SSDs, 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD, 1TB WD HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables. And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!

Offline JustAPlayer

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 07:02 PM - 10/10/21 »
I don't, but then it took me a few weeks to set up my 4, back in the day. I got it dialled in by following the Quick Start guide and Expert Configuration vids. Fact is, if the Reasnow feels better to you, then you should go with that device.

I tested the XIM4 today and honestly
It is more consistent than the ReaSnow S1

On all FPS, did you know the difference in camera quality between the 2 ( smart translation)

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #8 on: 11:22 PM - 10/10/21 »
XIM maps each game's look mechanics individually via a Smart Translator, on all supported platforms, for both HIP & ADS. Reasnow uses a ripoff of a generic XIM 2 translator for all games.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline He4DHuNt3r

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: XuK He4DHuNt3r
  • PSN ID: He4DHuNt3r_XIM
« Reply #9 on: 12:49 AM - 10/11/21 »
Pretty sure the ReaSnow CrossHair was just a reversed engineered Tuact Venom?

I remember OBsIV mentioned something about that a few years back after I pointed out both the Venom & CrossHair game config/support list was identical.
« Last Edit: 02:12 PM - 10/11/21 by He4DHuNt3r »
I just wanted to say that you are a phenomenal gamer. You make it look so easy and your gameplay has this commanding "tone" to it (i.e. not frantic -- more of a dominating calm :) ).

Offline JustAPlayer

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 04:05 AM - 10/11/21 »
XIM maps each game's look mechanics individually via a Smart Translator, on all supported platforms, for both HIP & ADS. Reasnow uses a ripoff of a generic XIM 2 translator for all games.

Hmm, ok and how generic XIM2 work on all game ?

Admin