XIM Community

Xim on PC using MKB for the aim assist?  (Read 1363 times)

Offline Santigold

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Xim on PC using MKB for the aim assist?
« Reply #15 on: 12:53 AM - 10/15/21 »
Also if I researched correctly, it is possible to use scripts with native KB & M with Titan 2. So I will reasearch it further and then see if it works just as good as using the scripts via XIM input.
True. Connect the m/kb to Titan Two, set the Output Protocol to Multi Interface USB Passthrough, add the mouse and kb calls to a script and go nuts.

Having said all that- I would never use artificial aiming assistance like aimbots or things like wallhacks.
Agreed. Aimbots and wallhacks are bad for gaming. Titan Two offers Computer Vision and one guy did try to make an aimbot with it, against my strong advice not to do it. Activision smacked him down hard and the project went arse up.

Thanks for the tips mate, would the standard T2 "controller" scripts work with M/KB passthrough with Titan 2, or does it require separate scripts that are designed for native M/KB input?

I enjoyed reading about your experience with XIM, Santigold. I plan on buying a XIM and ps5 this Christmas if I can find them.

Have you tried XIM on ps5 using remote play?

Cheers mate. I actually have tried remote play with Vanguard beta. As far as I could tell, aiming felt almost the same as XIM connected to ps5 directly, maybe just slightly increased inaccuracy/input lag, but really barely noticeable. The problem however was that Vanguard beta was bugged and it was not possible to actually shoot or go in ADS when using remote play (which should be fixed in final game I assume), so I didnt play for too long using remote play.

But with the hardware solutions for PS5 that were announced recently by Titan 2 dev and that other company, we might not be forced to use remote play in a few months or so.
« Last Edit: 12:59 AM - 10/15/21 by Santigold »

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #16 on: 05:10 AM - 10/15/21 »
Thanks for the tips mate, would the standard T2 "controller" scripts work with M/KB passthrough with Titan 2, or does it require separate scripts that are designed for native M/KB input?
Try the Universal HID Gamepack.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline royoverinnan

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Bloody Harry
« Reply #17 on: 09:18 AM - 10/15/21 »
One big advantage is aim rotation in close combat (and to a certain degree medium distance). When you are AD’ing and the other guy is AD’ing, the aim will stick/follow the target (varies betwen games how much), which means it is much easier to track the target.

Offline AgentSmith

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 01:48 AM - 10/18/21 »

Actually I can comment on that, since Ive used XIM Apex on PC extensively in the last year or so playing COD.

Essentially- I am now considering switching back to native keyboard and mouse input.

The issue is that once you become a good player and can aim very well with the mouse, the xim starts to become a ceiling that hinders you to improve to higher levels.

I could not agree more and have been saying this for so long I can't remember, but it is an opinion that isn't well liked on here.
And to be clear- I dont think it's necessarily the XIM's fault, but more the technical limitations of controller look mechanics and how the aiming with the controller works. Mainly the turn speed limit is the biggest issue as well as lack of "perfect" precision.
Absolutely correct.

See- it is technically impossible to "translate" controller aiming mechanic to mouse and keyboard so that it is as fast and precise as native mouse and keyboard on PC. Controller aiming is based on velocity and time (how long the stick is held in a certain position). That's absolutely sh!t when we speak about perfect aiming mechanics. That is the reason why over 90% of FPS games on consoles have aim assist with controller. Because otherwise (if they didnt use aim assist) with fast moving characters and sh!itty sub par aiming mechanics nobody would be able to stay on a target that is strafing really fast, or sliding really fast etc. It would be an absolutely frustrating experience for most ppl who play with a controller.

I remember Unreal Tournament and Quake on the Dreamcast, they had no aim assist and were controller, tracking enemies was hard but learnable. Aim assist on controller was more of a way to make it easier to learn and keep people playing, we all know humans require instant gratification and having to learn things isn't favorable.
I saw a video some years ago on youtube where the guys who designed the AA for Halo were talking about how it works and what exactly it did. They ended the video with a statement that basically said, if they do their job well, there will be millions of players who think they are badass when really the AA is doing the most work.

These Smart Translators attempt to correct all the sh!t that is wrong with controller input mechanics, like acceleration, dead zone limits and weird dead zone shapes, mismatch in X/Y speed ratio etc. and even with the very advanced methods that xim is using, it is technically impossible to achieve the same speed and precision as native mouse aiming on PC.

Correct , but it was designed to give the preferred input method and stay within the rules of the game, more than to replicate exactly.
Take a person with good mouse aim but terrible controller skill, put them in a game with a controller and they get mullered, now give them a Xim so they can use their preferred input device and watch them start to win games.
Next get those controller gods on PC and give them a Mouse and watch them get mullered,  give them their controller back and the tables turn for them.

This is exactly why I have always said, the Xim doen't give and advantage, it removes a disadvantage.

But using Xim KB/M with aim assist is just downright low in my opinion ( if AA can be turned off it should be turned off )

Im not even joking, I think at high skill levels, like COD pro players and pro streamers, the controller with extended right thumbstick ala "Kontrolfreek" is far superior to using xim with mouse and keyboard. Thats also the reason why I think the new XIM controller has a large potential to become a game changer for players who prefer controller over keyboard and mouse.

I am no buying into the whole long stick idea.
Longer sticks do give a longer arc in which to aim so it would suggest they are more precise, and they allow higher sensitivity due to the extra precision.
The down sides are more prevalent than upsides.
They exaggerate deadzones, you have to move the stick a longer distance to exit the deadzone.
They require the user to move their hand position to reach the longer stick, this means they are stretching more to the trigger. ( At least on an xbox controller )
Their extra length reduces the spring tension because of the extra leverage, ( the xbox one controller spring tension is already too weak )

Only reason why I kept going back to using XIM on PC was because I am also using Titan 2 with scripts, but if I can find the scripts I need for native mouse and keyboard I will most likely switch to native KB&M.

Translated..  the only reason for going back to Xim on PC was  to CHEAT with Titan scripts.

For me the only reason to justify using a XIM KB/M adaptor on PC ( for an able body person ) is to keep familiar keys as the user may have the same game on PC and Console and the OC uses more complex keyboard options.

Offline ShaneN.

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 11:37 PM - 10/18/21 »
I

..and I can't imagine having to learn how to do a action in the game with a separate key for everything. For example, for me right now crouching and laying down are on the same button.

Yes, this is actually the only button on the controller that has different functions and that was the first thing as well I wanted to have back when using native keyboard and mouse. Luckily- in every recent COD there is a setting to assign crouch+prone to 1 key on the keyboard. This is what I prefer as well, rather than having a separate button for crouch and going prone.

Oh really, is it really the only button that has multi function? It was jist9 the one that came off the top of my head for an example. So if I setup native kb/mouse, I can have my keyboard buttons/layout ECACTLY the same way I use them now? Without having to add /learn any functions on a new key? That's honestly been the biggest thing holding me back from trying it., that and trying to match the ads and hip sense that I'm used to in my xim. Every year whne a new cod comes out with the xim, I jist count how many rotations my player does when I move across the mouse pad for both senses and then tweak it a tad until I can switch between games and it feels similar.

You kind of lost me once you got to the technical side of input lat and such but I'm on a new lg monitor that does 1440 at 120hz on seriex x. The monitor doesn't show my fps but my friend with a similar setup was saying his monitor shows that on series x in warzone he gets about 100-120fps when I ask him while we are in game. I also read that a lot of people say to run your mouse at 800 dpi, I'm assuming that is done through the mouses software? It's currently set to its Mac at 3500 dpi as I use it now. Knowing all of this, would this give me a decent feeling native kb/m feeling?

I can't say enough good things about the xim, it's some of the best money I've ever spent. it (and previous models) has gotten me through a solid decade of enjoying cod but for the first time I feel like it might me be time to try it plugged in natively to the Xbox