XIM Community

Pre order?  (Read 2581 times)

Offline envir61

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: WillSmiths
Pre order?
« on: 05:55 PM - 09/24/21 »
Very excited about the Nexus as I prefer controller. Possibly to pre order and any distributors lined up for Canada?

Concerned that due to chip shortage there may not enough available on first production run. 

Looking to purchase 3 so there may be a high demand on day 1.

Offline TurboMan

• View Profile
Re: Pre order?
« Reply #1 on: 05:56 AM - 09/25/21 »
Also very interested on purchasing one ASAP. UK here.

Offline Grampsoap

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12:12 AM - 10/05/21 »
Hi guys

In theses strange times we living in tech seems to be in big demand ps5 Xbox series x RTX graphic cards etc demand outstrips supply .I'm not sure about how many XIM NEXUS will be available at launch if its a small number can't xim implement some kind of pre order like steam have done with the stream deck so they go to the right people not SCALPERS

Maybe a member of this forum before the nexus was announced
maybe proof of a xim product already purchased?  I've owed the Xim 3 Xim 4 and i own the Xim apex now

Offline Anavarz

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Anavarz
  • PSN ID: Anavarz_
« Reply #3 on: 01:12 AM - 10/05/21 »
Really hope you're only able to purchase one per customer.

Because we know what people are like these days re-selling on ebay and whatever  else to make a couple dollars 👎

Offline envir61

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: WillSmiths
« Reply #4 on: 10:17 PM - 10/05/21 »
Yeah depending on the amount available at launch it may be prudent to limit one per account. I play with my son now and would want at min 2 but to be certain everyone gets one, I think 1 per account is fair for the first month at least. After a certain time frame and depending on supply of course, open it up.

Also some account are very new and created post Nexus announcement. I'd suggest any accounts that existed prior the the Nexus announcement.

Offline Maxxgold

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Maxxgold
  • PSN ID: Maxxgold
« Reply #5 on: 08:11 PM - 11/06/21 »
I would like to see everyone who has purchased a XIM product in the past have first dibs on the Nexus upon release. Iíve purchased every XIM made and Iím going to want a Nexus as well. It will definitely not be pleasant to not get one. When they start taking orders, we should get first priority. Even a waiting list would be fine with me, but I donít want to have to keep checking this site every day. Take every ones order and start a queue.
[Instructional Videos]
http://xim.tech/instructional-videos/

[HOW TO FIND YOUR PERFECT XIM SENSITIVITY]
http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=60845.0

[Xim Apex Manager & Firmware]
http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=60725.0

[Console Controller Crossover]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_X_ntzv_zc

(My Current Setup)
-Xim Apex
-G502 set @ 1000Hz Polling and 12,000DPI
-Sony Navigation Controller
-Razer Black Widow Stealth V1 Keyboard (used sparingly)

Offline TurboMan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09:01 AM - 11/07/21 »
I would like to see everyone who has purchased a XIM product in the past have first dibs on the Nexus upon release. Iíve purchased every XIM made and Iím going to want a Nexus as well. It will definitely not be pleasant to not get one. When they start taking orders, we should get first priority. Even a waiting list would be fine with me, but I donít want to have to keep checking this site every day. Take every ones order and start a queue.

Agree, particularly members of this forum who have helped the XIM as a product by providing feedback and support to other XIM users. I'm really looking forward to this product, have been since reveal and I'd be so disappointed if I can't grab one out of the first batch.

Offline Grampsoap

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09:41 AM - 11/07/21 »

Agreed if there's so few at launch can't they just vet us lets say the ones who can prove they've  purchases from xim before would get first option to buy i can't see that anyone wouldn't  think that's not a fair way to go .

Offline gramps

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 10:40 AM - 11/07/21 »
 When i bought my Xim apex i couldn't remember my Xim forum name so i just made a new one (grampsoap) .

Iv'e found my old username  :)   (gramps)

I joined this forum in 2012 

Offline AgentSmith

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 07:00 AM - 11/08/21 »
Maybe for first batch or maybe for first week only,  limit sales to forum members only who were registered before the announcement date and only a single unit per person.

That will ensure all of us who are waiting not so patiently get first shot.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 02:22 AM - 11/09/21 »
Guys Obsiv already mentioned a second batch with 5 times the size of the launch one has been ordered, so everyone who regularly checks the forums for news and updates will get their Nexus for sure! :)
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline J4F-Scoo

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: JF4-Scoo
« Reply #11 on: 03:26 AM - 11/09/21 »
Guys Obsiv already mentioned a second batch with 5 times the size of the launch one has been ordered, so everyone who regularly checks the forums for news and updates will get their Nexus for sure! :)
unfortunately I am afraid if you do not accept pre-orders. will it run like all consoles, graphics etc. in the year 2021 means as soon as the nexus can be ordered, scalpers will be bought up within a few seconds.

Offline sergons

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 07:24 AM - 11/09/21 »
Please let us to make a pre order. I don't want to wait for the second batch because of scalpers.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 07:39 AM - 11/09/21 »
Nexus is still flying under the radar as no marketing campaign has happened yet, and no big tech website has published any articles so far. You guys are among the very few who know about this device, so i highly doubt any scalpers will know or even care about the controller :). At least not before it blows up and becomes more widley known.

Not talking about the XIM community here, but based on other product launches from different companies a preorder system usually has the problem that people start to become demanding or entitled when the launch gets delayed. Just because they have an active preorder they start to claim things or threaten the company. Its easier to delay a product launch when there are no preorders as money isnt involved yet (same situation when not paying up front). For a preorder you also have to have your pricing locked in, which is something that is difficult to do during semi-conductor shortages where prices can change with each month. At last for scalpers a preorder isnt any different to a normal product launch, the scalping just takes place once the products have shipped then.
By the way the XIM Team is doing their best to launch the controller later this year, dont take this as a potential hint for a product delay! :)
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline CrossCrucial

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 06:56 AM - 11/15/21 »

Agree, particularly members of this forum who have helped the XIM as a product by providing feedback and support to other XIM users. I'm really looking forward to this product, have been since reveal and I'd be so disappointed if I can't grab one out of the first batch.

Been a member for over 11 years, have multiple xim360/2s and xim3s and started the project for getting the Sony Move Navigation controller working on the Xim (https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=6408.0). Would I qualify? =P

Admin