XIM Community

Would XIM team consider creating a hdmi 2.1 to DisplayPort adapter.  (Read 263 times)

Offline UnRyValD

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: UnRyValD
  • PSN ID: Judea33
I would make one and sell it if I had the manufacturing knowledge. We have all these 120hz consoles and high refresh rate DisplayPort monitors and no compatibility. I could spend 600$ for a new monitor but I think itís stupid. Most of the time I use my 2.1 lg oled but I would like at times to sit at the desk and use my monitor and XIM link but I donít want to use the 60hz hdmi port. I also would like to use my new laptop with hdmi 2.1 out with my monitor but again same problem. It seems like the market would be big for a product like this.
Edge, XIM 4, Apex, waiting on Nexus

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
HDMI 2.0 can do 1080 and 1440p at 120Hz. If youíre on XSX, youíre gold. If youíre on PS5, Sony doesnít care about 1440p and wants you to buy a new Bravia for HDMI 2.1.

There is exactly zero reason to believe next-gen consoles will run 4K 120Hz or 8K 60Hz without upscaling and/or visual sacrifices, which makes 1440p 120Hz the porridge thatís just right. 4K 120Hz is this genís gimmick, like VR (PS4) and 3D (PS3) before it.

If there was an easy solution for HDMI 2.1 to DP 1.4, itíd be done by now. Something should pop up in the next year or so.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts