XIM Community

[Q/A] (PC) Brand New XIM Apex issues? Do I need a replacement?  (Read 694 times)

Offline Thomas7

• View Profile
Sorry update again, the XIM Apex also is changing colors when keys are pressed and it registers them in the app leading me to believe it lies with the controller.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
I'm sorry but I'm not sure what's needed to fix it. It's been rare but there have been a few cases where XS controllers haven't allowed for passthrough on PC even though all steps have been taken like in your case. There are others who have had the same issue and it's been resolved by using an Xbox One controller instead. It's unfortunate because the XS controller has a more robust USB C port so that would be my preferred controller choice. If you have an Xbox console I can recommend testing it on this as it's a supported platform and is expected to work. If you don't and would like to continue testing with only a PC then an Xbox One controller might help.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Thomas7

• View Profile
I, unfortunately, have no other controller, would a ps3 controller work by chance?

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
I don't think that would be plug and play. People commonly have problems using DS4 controllers on PC.

Offline Thomas7

• View Profile
Hey I tried to do a factory reset today and it seems the XIM Apex flash tool is not reconizing even when it is blue and connected properly (same way I did it to flash the update) I tried downloading a older flash as well to see if that would work and still is unreconized. Any idea what to do?

Offline Thomas7

• View Profile
Woah ok so I actually figured out while the XIM Apex is plugged in it registers keys from my keyboard and all but the controller seems to only be registering the xbox symbol when pressed, the input reads "J 11" with a green J in a black box. So it is registering just not all clicks and yes this controller is fully functional, brand new actually and I have tested it standalone in games, though when connected to the XIM there seems to be a disconnect? Does this bring up any ideas?

Offline Thomas7

• View Profile
Additional note the color cycles in this order.

red orange green blue red red green green green green red.

As I am booting it on a pc manager though when I click the button apon plugging it in itt goes red green green green green red.

I have tried the mobile manager as well in case it changes things but still no input even on the controller windows thing you suggested.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
What are your mouse and keyboard models? Are you using a Roccat mouse?

Try editing your config and in the Analog section set both stick directions to None. Does this help?

Offline Thomas7

• View Profile
I am using a razer balistic and razer widow keyboard huntsman.

Unfortunately, your fix did not work I am beginning to think this may not work with my setup :(

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
It looks like your keyboard is capable of analog movement. This could be why you're having this error, the keyboard may have a digital switch or mode that may be entered using a button combination. This would be in the user manual or quick start guide.

Offline Thomas7

• View Profile
I really appriciate you digging into that for me but unfortunately I have the razer huntsman elite, not the V2 analog one. :( I tried a few other things i could think of tonight but still nothing works.

Offline Thomas7

• View Profile
Alright bois, well firstly I would like to thank you all for your support, honestly, it has been amazing and I was surprised how much digging into the problem you guys do.

I have come to the decision to return my XIM Apex it just isn't working with my setup unfortunately, I think I tried everything by now and spend several hours trying to troubleshoot this thing.

If you guys have any final suggestions do let me know and I will give it a shot, I really wanted this to work with my setup but seems it is just incompatible with it.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Sorry, I'm not sure why it's not working on your PC. I would normally recommend to use APEX on a supported console platform to verify that it's working correctly but I understand if you're finished troubleshooting.

Offline Thomas7

• View Profile
Hey reopening this quickly, so recently I lost hope in getting this to work with my system. Obviously, I have no hate towards you guys, you guys have all been fantastic trying to get this to work. I planned on returning it later this week (amazon returns are super easy) but I saw there was a new beta update available, upon updating to it on a whim I was finally able to get a reaction from my controller, when it is plugged in to the XIM to my PC when I use windows configuration for controllers I am able to get output! Though, when the app is turned on for XIM apex it will show no input through the XIM. So the XIM is getting input and transferring it through to the PC but once the app is on it stops doing anything.

Any ideas what to do?

I am using the beta launcher as well for the app.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Yeah, strange behavior but it's not unexpected when using an unsupported platform. I recommend testing your setup on an Xbox One or XS to verify your APEX and controller are working correctly on a supported platform. Otherwise, this kind of problem has been reported from PC players using XS controllers, using an Xbox One controller that has a micro USB port might help.

Admin