XIM Community

Halo Infinite: Ethical to have Smart Translator?  (Read 848 times)

Offline Ryoga

• MVP
    • View Profile
Halo Infinite: Ethical to have Smart Translator?
« on: 11:57 PM - 09/19/21 »
So, now that there is suppose to be keyboard/mouse support on the Xbox for Halo Infinite, would it be ethical to have the Smart Translator support for it?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Halo Infinite: Ethical to have Smart Translator?
« Reply #1 on: 12:30 AM - 09/20/21 »
Of course it will be supported. Even if we had no intention for a game to be supported on XIM APEX or XIM4 it will be automatically due to XIM NEXUS. This is why you are seeing games for PC showing up for XIM APEX and XIM4 when you run the Beta.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline TheCityWok

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09:06 AM - 09/20/21 »
Of course it will be supported. Even if we had no intention for a game to be supported on XIM APEX or XIM4 it will be automatically due to XIM NEXUS. This is why you are seeing games for PC showing up for XIM APEX and XIM4 when you run the Beta.

Could Super Mega Baseball 3 be supported for XIM NEXUS?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #3 on: 09:07 AM - 09/20/21 »
Sports games isn't something we typically support, but, this would be a question for mist4fun. :-)
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Santigold

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02:32 PM - 09/20/21 »
Sports games isn't something we typically support, but, this would be a question for mist4fun. :-)

Will Xim Nexus have official support for PC games? And does it use same STs as Xim Apex?

If there will be PC support for Xim Nexus- may I ask that you guys look into releasing a proper ST for COD Cold War on PC? The PS4 ST for Cold War on PC used to work rather well, but then after a few updates, the aiming with XIM feels very "off".

Meanwhile Warzone and COD Vanguard Beta plays very well on PC with the PS4 ST for MW19. I have to say that the MW19 engine is very good in terms of Controller implementation, it is the best out of all games released so far. (MW19 and Vanguard use that engine and both feel great with Controller and XIM).

It is ofcourse possible that some updates from Treyarch messed up controller input in CW and that a proper ST for this game on PC wont be able to fix it. Hard to tell.

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #5 on: 03:44 PM - 09/20/21 »
Driving games is another genre that could be targeted with STs for NEXUS.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Brutalimp

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08:24 PM - 09/20/21 »
Halo Infinite has some Aim Assist and Bullet magnetism with native keyboard and mouse input.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 04:20 AM - 09/21/21 »
Halo Infinite has some Aim Assist and Bullet magnetism with native keyboard and mouse input.

Wait what?!
Cannot believe they will keep that in the final version of the game.
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Online He4DHuNt3r

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: XuK He4DHuNt3r
  • PSN ID: He4DHuNt3r_XIM
Halo Infinite: Ethical to have Smart Translator?
« Reply #8 on: 08:31 AM - 09/21/21 »

The original PC port of Halo: CE had bullet magnetism for KB/M too.

I just wanted to say that you are a phenomenal gamer. You make it look so easy and your gameplay has this commanding "tone" to it (i.e. not frantic -- more of a dominating calm :) ).

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 09:28 AM - 09/21/21 »
Halo CE PC had to have that though, the game had no netcode so the actual hitboxes where X amount of milliseconds ahead of the player model you saw on your screen (based on your ping to the server). If you had a ping of 33 milliseconds then you had to pre-aim/lead your shots where the target would be in 33 milliseconds, shooting on the actual enemy model would only work if they stood still or ran directly towards/away from you.
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 09:32 AM - 09/21/21 »
Halo CE PC had to have that though, the game had no netcode so the actual hitboxes where X amount of milliseconds ahead of the player model you saw on your screen (based on your ping to the server). If you had a ping of 33 milliseconds then you had to pre-aim/lead your shots where the target would be in 33 milliseconds, shooting on the actual enemy model would only work if they stood still or ran directly towards/away from you.

0:40 in this video you can see what i mean, the person has to "guess" where the enemy would be in 33 milliseconds and shoot there
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkkDsYwANms

Offline AgentSmith

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 04:49 PM - 09/21/21 »

Exactly how games should be,  players with the skill to understand it and the aim to match win the fights, and there was no getting killed behind cover due to lag compensation ( the evil of games these days ).
I had a mighty evil railgun back in the day, 56K dial up from UK into USA server with a 400+ ping still schooling the 70 ping players, ( I said 70ping because in those days very few people ever got below that unless they were running the server in their house and connected via their coaxial and BNC terminated 10Mb/s LAN )

For anyone interested, Both Unreal Tournament and Quake 3 had sort of aim assistance too, it was in the menu's to be turned on and off, it wasn't very good and was nothing like the aim assist games have today, also not sure if it worked when playing against humans.
Not that it matters as it's a single player game, but Serious Sam 1,2,3 and 4 also have permanent aim assist, not strong, but enough to get you on target. But that is to keep the fun going when you are overwhelmed with millions of skeleton horse things coming at you.

Offline Brutalimp

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 11:21 PM - 09/21/21 »

Wait what?!
Cannot believe they will keep that in the final version of the game.

I think they want teamwork and strategy to win fights, while they narrow the skill gap at least in terms of aiming.

Its not the only PC game like that. Destiny 2 has aim assist and bullet magnetism on PC with mouse as well. I think Overwatch has bullet magnetism but no aim assist.
« Last Edit: 11:29 PM - 09/21/21 by Brutalimp »