XIM Community

Poll

What is your ideal pricerange for XIM NEXUS?

99$
100-125$
126-150$
151-175$

Poll: What is your ideal price for XIM NEXUS?  (Read 7025 times)

Offline UnRyValD

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: UnRyValD
  • PSN ID: Judea33
Re: Poll: What is your ideal price for XIM NEXUS?
« Reply #15 on: 08:40 PM - 09/19/21 »
I like as cheap as possible but I want it to feel premium like the elite controller. I would rather pay 150$ for something that doesnít feel like a cheap piece of plastic. More than 150 and your market will fall off heavily.
Edge, XIM 4, Apex, waiting on Nexus

Offline eSPAR

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 08:45 PM - 09/19/21 »
If this can be feature rich, like 1000hz polling, then increase the price and build quality to 150-200 because tournament players would like to use it as well as actual gyro/MnK players.

$100 USD is too low. Please focus on peak build quality and better chips in the controller at an increased cost.

Before someone says it wonít be allowed in tournaments, if the Cronus and T2 are allowed, this will be as well.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #17 on: 08:51 PM - 09/19/21 »
T2 and Cronus are allowed in tournaments?

1000Hz won't be possible over wireless but could happen wired. But this wouldn't be something that we could do for release.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #18 on: 09:23 PM - 09/19/21 »

1000Hz won't be possible over wireless but could happen wired. But this wouldn't be something that we could do for release.
Yes - Activision uses Titan Two (and previously CronusMAX) for tournaments to overclock the controller. No scripts are allowed.

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #19 on: 09:48 PM - 09/19/21 »
Overclocking controllers? If you mean polling them faster than their self declared interval then has anyone verifed that the controllers are actually producing unique values at that rate? It could be just repeating the last value (or even naking).
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline BA3YDADDY

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: BA3YDADDY
  • PSN ID: BA3YDADDY
« Reply #20 on: 12:06 AM - 09/20/21 »
150 adapter included is a perfect price  ;)

Offline gravkaw

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 01:16 AM - 09/20/21 »
Overclocking controllers? If you mean polling them faster than their self declared interval then has anyone verifed that the controllers are actually producing unique values at that rate? It could be just repeating the last value (or even naking).

University of Regensburg publication "On the Latency of USB-Connected Input Devices", https://hci.ur.de/publications/on_the_latency_of_usb-connected_input_devices_2019

Offline PingThing

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Pingthing
  • PSN ID: pingthing
« Reply #22 on: 01:40 AM - 09/20/21 »
Ximmers are going to be willing to pay £150 all day, based purely on the 'i must have this' factor. Joe public however may choose the Apex or even a Scuff or Elite as a preference if priced higher.
I'd be more worried if it was priced too low, so that too many people were interested, and I didn't manage to get one of the first batch... :)
I'd be willing to pay a premium for the 'Founders Edition', then perhaps drop price for subsequent runs. 🤷‍♂️
It don't mean a Thing if you ain't got that Ping.

Offline Boltman

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 04:52 AM - 09/20/21 »
It depends on how many of these OBsIV wants to sell. Of course loyal customers are gonna get it, that's a given. I'm being honest when I say if this nexus has a price point over the 125ish range it isn't going to move units like he hopes it will. If he keeps it at that price point, he's gonna do well. Just my opinion, I could be wrong.
Keyboard replacement: Sony Move Navigation Controller l Mouse: Logitech G9x & G502 l Mousepad: MM400 l Controller: PS5 (PS4 hori fighting commander) l XIM: Apex l Gaming Monitor: LG 27UD68-W l Headset: Sony Pulse Wireless Headset

My old config/setup: https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=25362.msg306559#msg306559

Offline LITHE

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
  • Instagram @gregrosolowski
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Kent C Strait
« Reply #24 on: 06:16 AM - 09/20/21 »
What does Scuff have to offer other than paddles? (Which the nexus has bottom buttons)
If scuff can take over with $200 controllers which I hear break easily, NEXUS can easily sell for over 150. This is no longer just an adapter like APEX, its a premium controller. For those that say scuff has gyro, its not like this. The quality of the motion sensor is incredible, and the software and functional features to back it is unreal.
Set aside motion aim, just the amount of tuning you have over the thumbstick is unreal. You don't even realize how much more control you get out of a super tight perfectly tuned deadzone with no drift and also stretching the outer deadzone to get more range of control. The custom curver editor for sticks is amazing and nothing like it exists on the market thanks to Smart Translators.

Offline Scrotesmd2

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 06:19 AM - 09/20/21 »
I'd try to keep it under £150 uk, I think for me personally it would have to be under 150 for someone like me to buy as I'm very much a mouse user. In terms of quality if it equals an Xbox controller that would be amazing.  You want to capture the market and not price yourself out while still making a good profit I guess. People would need to know that they sent just paying for the hardware but all the innovation behind it with the software... Think Tesla , not that I want to pay for smart translators in future 😃..

Offline eSPAR

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 07:09 AM - 09/20/21 »

Yes, PLEASE allow 1000hz through wired connection. Also, please use usb c instead of micro if possible.

People are able to overlock their controller to 1000hz but only on PC. Itís a true overlock that syncís to PC usb polling rate from what I understand and is a must for rocket league competitive. If you can offer 1000hz without having the user to do some janky stuff, that would be huge!

Lastly, this should be an absolute minimum of $150 if the build quality and feature set is there. Remember, people are buying the Cronus and t2 at $100 and thatís just a controller adding. If you try to cut corners and be stingy and try to reduce the price too low, the product will almost certainly fail/get bad reviews and lead to bad sales.

Offline He4DHuNt3r

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: XuK He4DHuNt3r
  • PSN ID: He4DHuNt3r_XIM
« Reply #27 on: 07:14 AM - 09/20/21 »

Yes but only when flashed with a "Tournament-Mode" firmware (Disables Scripts) but allows other features like higher polling rates.
I just wanted to say that you are a phenomenal gamer. You make it look so easy and your gameplay has this commanding "tone" to it (i.e. not frantic -- more of a dominating calm :) ).

Offline Saint

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: xSaintx
« Reply #28 on: 07:30 AM - 09/20/21 »
There is an old marketing saying ..
"Sell to the masses and you live with the select few, sell to the select few and you will live with the masses."

Anything above $125 means you will be selling to the select few. Add to that it does not work with PS5, this will further reduce customer base. Also, many are currently happy with and used to XimApex.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 07:42 AM - 09/20/21 »
Did not read the other posts but would stay as low as possible simply as at 99$ people will buy two, to have one for a friend who comes over, I mean if they have one. I know Od1n does not, but he gets a free one anyway. 99$ is close to normal controllers people will consider buying the Nexus instead of a regular controller. Also a great Gift price and used Nexus market killer. Better buy a new one :). But sure you will sell all you produce for 150$ also. Maybe earlybird 99$ preorder and then go up to 150$ is a good idea. Well if preorder is an option which never was, right?
Not sure if this gets me back to consoles as VR is too much fun, but the controller is tempting. Really good job Obs.
Crusade atm: none

Admin