XIM Community

Poll

What is your ideal pricerange for XIM NEXUS?

99$
100-125$
126-150$
151-175$

Poll: What is your ideal price for XIM NEXUS?  (Read 7022 times)

Offline AgentSmith

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Poll: What is your ideal price for XIM NEXUS?
« Reply #45 on: 10:29 AM - 09/22/21 »
It improved over time.

The biggest problem with the software is, it was designed by engineers and the instructions for its use was also written by engineers. They tend to explain things in such a way that you need to have inside information.

For example:

They give an outer ring area on the pads and the stick ( it's what I use to do the auto sprint when pegging the stick )  but that outer ring can also be made as central button on the touch pads. their explanation of this in the instructions was. Outer ring inverted.

The software is a mind field and over time they realised what wasn't needed and what was so made changes to remove unwanted features and replace them with what people seemed to want, but the lack of success IMO was down to it being designed for PC and PC people either play KB/M or plug in a standard controller.
The Steam Link is/was fantastic, but again it didn't really appeal to PC gamers, they don't want to sit on a sofa.

Offline mcdonamw

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 02:45 PM - 09/22/21 »
Sorry to be that guy to everyone, but compared to anything else on the market this blows it away and precieved value is important. Scuff doesn't have anything close to this and they sell for $160 to $200. I would go on the higher side. I think most people here don't realize what this is and the amount of development that went into it. Its value is easily on the high end in the controller market.

Personally I feel SCUF is overpriced, but you get alot.  It's a big company, has many options, and the warranty + support is probably something XIM could never compete with.

Also, only a 10 hour battery life?  That's pretty low.  I believe SCUF has 30 hours.  I understand NEXUS is doing so much more, but there's no way to get a bigger battery in there?  That low a battery life would drastically hurt price point alone imo.

With all that said, I'd never pay the ridiculous costs for a SCUF or Elite controller, but I'd easily drop $150 on this without thinking about it.  Hell I'll likely never even use it as I like my KB/M.  But yall deserve to make money on this thing.  The tech is amazing.

As much as I'd hate to see it, I could see yall getting bought out by a big company for the tech alone.  Of course it'd go to @#$% after I'm sure, but @#$% if you don't deserve a hell of a pay day with the decades of research and development into this.  I know that's not OBsIV's goal, but at some point you should get to rest on your hard work LOL.
XIM Apex | Xbox Series X | HyperX Alloy Origins 60 | Razer Basilisk V3 | Artisan Ninja FX Hayate OTSU

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #47 on: 02:52 PM - 09/22/21 »
10 hours is similar to what you get with a DS4 and DS5. It was also tested under heaviest load (maximum input stress, persistent audio, and Manager always connected). If you play without audio and Manager connected, battery life will be higher (but not 30 hours).
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline facade

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: xi scion ix
  • PSN ID: SeneschalGrigori
« Reply #48 on: 03:31 PM - 09/22/21 »
What does Scuff have to offer other than paddles? (Which the nexus has bottom buttons)
If scuff can take over with $200 controllers which I hear break easily, NEXUS can easily sell for over 150. This is no longer just an adapter like APEX, its a premium controller. For those that say scuff has gyro, its not like this. The quality of the motion sensor is incredible, and the software and functional features to back it is unreal.
Set aside motion aim, just the amount of tuning you have over the thumbstick is unreal. You don't even realize how much more control you get out of a super tight perfectly tuned deadzone with no drift and also stretching the outer deadzone to get more range of control. The custom curver editor for sticks is amazing and nothing like it exists on the market thanks to Smart Translators.

I'm not saying not to sell it for that price,  but i wouldn't buy it just like i won't pay that much for a SCUFF

Offline HiredGunSG

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 06:26 PM - 09/22/21 »
Honestly, with the features shown, I would pay probably about 199.99 USD plus tax for it. People buy the Xbox Elite Series 2 for almost 200.00 usd and even more for a Scuf controller. Plus, this will help support future development of even more great research we can expect from the Xim team. I'm sold, just tell me when I can buy one and I will do it. Thank you for such awesome products!

Offline Boltman

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 07:33 PM - 09/22/21 »
If it was that much I'd probably pass for now & stick with apex. I don't think this nexus controller is going to last as long as any of my Xims have. Nor as long as any of my mice for that matter.

Controllers just don't seem to last very long. Now this one may be very different, my opinion is merely experiential.
Keyboard replacement: Sony Move Navigation Controller l Mouse: Logitech G9x & G502 l Mousepad: MM400 l Controller: PS5 (PS4 hori fighting commander) l XIM: Apex l Gaming Monitor: LG 27UD68-W l Headset: Sony Pulse Wireless Headset

My old config/setup: https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=25362.msg306559#msg306559

Offline M_A_D_20

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 06:50 AM - 09/23/21 »
10 hours is similar to what you get with a DS4 and DS5. It was also tested under heaviest load (maximum input stress, persistent audio, and Manager always connected). If you play without audio and Manager connected, battery life will be higher (but not 30 hours).
Was going the xbox controller way ever a thought? Rechargeables/ charging kit ? Would never have to plug a usb. Or is this tech a little bit too power hungry for that to be viable ? Just curious.

10 hours in itself isn't a deal breaker for me, neither is gaming with a wired controller. The only thing that worry me is having to keep plugging the usb into the controller port/ having pressure on the usb port with the hanging cable. Though usb-c do seem more robust than my experience with controllers that had micro usb ports.
« Last Edit: 07:16 AM - 09/23/21 by M_A_D_20 »

Offline UnRyValD

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: UnRyValD
  • PSN ID: Judea33
« Reply #52 on: 04:34 PM - 09/24/21 »
200$ is to high. I like the controller but it cannot even be used as a second controller. Unlike every other controller there is.
Edge, XIM 4, Apex, waiting on Nexus

Offline TurboMan

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 05:21 PM - 09/24/21 »
Majority vote for $99. Yeesh, y'all really are a bunch of cheapskates  ;D I don't think that's a fair price on the XIM team and its distributors. When I had prices in my mind I imagined somewhere in the region of $120-140.

Offline facade

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 05:32 PM - 09/24/21 »
^
Probably because at the end of the day it's still a controller and we are all here because we don't want to use a controller lol

I agree with you though

Offline Dufniall

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 05:07 AM - 10/10/21 »
How the world is right now and prices on components, i wouldent mind a higher price at first. But would expect a drop when world returns to a more normal where raw materials is cheaper and transport no longer is a problem.

Offline Atreyu07

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Atreyuxx7
  • PSN ID: Atreyu07
« Reply #56 on: 01:53 PM - 10/10/21 »
Realistically I want the highest quality product I can. I will find a way to set money aside if needed. I need to product to be the best it possibly can. The cost will be whatever it has to be. As long as its build quality and parts used are the highest quality and it functions exactly how it was designed the price is irrelevant. (within reason of course. Don't just slap some arbitrary $400 price tag on it for no reason.)

Offline envir61

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: WillSmiths
« Reply #57 on: 02:07 PM - 10/10/21 »
You pay $180 for a scuf and it canít do what this supposedly can. Iím fine with scud prices

Offline facade

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 04:24 PM - 10/10/21 »
You pay $180 for a scuf

I'll never pay that much for a controller lol

Don't get me wrong it's his product and he can price what he wants,  but no I'd never buy a controller for that price.

I paid the XIM price because it's either that or use a controller, which i don't normally want to do.  Another controller though? I'll just use the one i have before i pay close to $200

Offline envir61

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: WillSmiths
« Reply #59 on: 10:31 PM - 10/10/21 »
You pay $180 for a scuf

I'll never pay that much for a controller lol

Don't get me wrong it's his product and he can price what he wants,  but no I'd never buy a controller for that price.

I paid the XIM price because it's either that or use a controller, which i don't normally want to do.  Another controller though? I'll just use the one i have before i pay close to $200

I hear ya. For me it's great as my son just started playing vid games with me. Me buying another Apex and mouse ++ would run be a couple hundred whereas with the Nexus I don't need to wory about buying another mouse/keybaord etc.

I like controller and still play it often and want my son to play controller as well. Controllers just haven't evoloved the way consoles have and Gyro is where things should be.