XIM Community

Poll

What is your ideal pricerange for XIM NEXUS?

99$
100-125$
126-150$
151-175$

Poll: What is your ideal price for XIM NEXUS?  (Read 7336 times)

Offline He4DHuNt3r

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: XuK He4DHuNt3r
  • PSN ID: He4DHuNt3r_XIM
Poll: What is your ideal price for XIM NEXUS?
« Reply #30 on: 08:08 AM - 09/20/21 »
OMG..... Roads!? is it really you?

Never thought I see you around these parts again ;D
I just wanted to say that you are a phenomenal gamer. You make it look so easy and your gameplay has this commanding "tone" to it (i.e. not frantic -- more of a dominating calm :) ).

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Poll: What is your ideal price for XIM NEXUS?
« Reply #31 on: 08:19 AM - 09/20/21 »
lol, lurking and seems I am still on the mailing list.
Crusade atm: none

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #32 on: 09:00 AM - 09/20/21 »
I can't believe it -- is it true, roads is back?? :-)
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 09:15 AM - 09/20/21 »
Not really, but maybe the Nexus and PSVR2 could bring me back if the headset is wireless. Will look for the Nexus preorder list.
Crusade atm: none

Offline Boltman

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 09:27 AM - 09/20/21 »
Did not read the other posts but would stay as low as possible simply as at 99$ people will buy two, to have one for a friend who comes over, I mean if they have one. I know Od1n does not, but he gets a free one anyway. 99$ is close to normal controllers people will consider buying the Nexus instead of a regular controller. Also a great Gift price and used Nexus market killer. Better buy a new one :). But sure you will sell all you produce for 150$ also. Maybe earlybird 99$ preorder and then go up to 150$ is a good idea. Well if preorder is an option which never was, right?
Not sure if this gets me back to consoles as VR is too much fun, but the controller is tempting. Really good job Obs.

Haven't seen you in a minute, good to see ya.

I would def buy 2 nexus' at that price point.
Keyboard replacement: Sony Move Navigation Controller l Mouse: Logitech G9x & G502 l Mousepad: MM400 l Controller: PS5 (PS4 hori fighting commander) l XIM: Apex l Gaming Monitor: LG 27UD68-W l Headset: Sony Pulse Wireless Headset

My old config/setup: https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=25362.msg306559#msg306559

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 10:23 AM - 09/20/21 »
Long time no see Mr Dog-Turtle, hope everythings fine man!  ;D
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline Bretchin

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: braydo2010
« Reply #36 on: 03:58 PM - 09/20/21 »
Probably a stupid question, but is the poll in USD or a different currency?

Offline LITHE

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
  • Instagram @gregrosolowski
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Kent C Strait
« Reply #37 on: 04:02 PM - 09/20/21 »
Probably a stupid question, but is the poll in USD or a different currency?

USD

Offline Jobe

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 04:20 PM - 09/21/21 »
UK -
MAX of $175 would be 128 without shipping, Sign me up :D
XSX / PS5
Xim 3 / Xim 4 / Xim Apex / Xim Nexus

Offline AgentSmith

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 05:50 AM - 09/22/21 »
Don't forget the shipping, VAT and import duty.

The Apex was $99 ( approx 72 at the time ),  I ordered mine on release day, and in the end it cost me something like 110 ( $154 ) ,
It was more expensive than I could purchase it in the UK, but I wanted it.

It's going to be the same with the nexus,  I want it on release. I will try my best to get the order in  ( hopefully the Xim shop can handle the connections better this time )
My vote was the middle ground of $126-$150  and I expect to pay more than that in .

I am expecting a lot from it, and as I have been using a Steam controller and PS4 controller for some time now to utilize the gyro, I know how good they are (the PS4 controller works better for Console as it has 2 thumbsticks, and Steam controller can be set up to perform as well as M/KN for PC games).
I am already used to being able to aim with movement,  have multiple functions assigned to a single button. allowing for tap/hold/double tap/repeat, having multiple configurations accessible in various different ways.

All this was achieved buy running the Steam controller app and either remote login to xbox ( stream to PC ) or by using Steam to launch Xim Link and set up using ST's for the respective games.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #40 on: 08:40 AM - 09/22/21 »
What do you mean about tap/hold/double tap/repeat?

Offline AgentSmith

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 09:24 AM - 09/22/21 »
Example.  This is using a standard PS4 controller

In the Steam software I can make a button do many different functions.  I personally have both bumpers tied to the same button/trigger.

So my left Trigger and Left bumper.

To Throw stun I tap LB
To Throw main grenade I hold LB ( the hold time is adjustable )

While I am holding Left trigger ( ADS)   LB = Left Stick Down ( Hold Breath )

I also tend to have LT also auto spot ( repeated every second or so ) while it is triggered for  ADS , In Battlefield 1 that means I scan the horizon while ADS with a sniper and auto spot everything visible.

Left Stick has an activation at its extremities so push the stick forward all the way and your running, no need to push the stick down to run. ( It's a thumb saver for sure )

The steam software opens up a world of great functionality to the PS4 and Xbox controllers.
Of course this requires a PC near by, and Xim Link if the Xim is being used, the xim isn't required if using the Xbox remote play system.

To make it work via the Xim , Ximlink needs to be started via steam in big window mode and also requires a program called GlosSC.
If using Xim link you must tell the steam controller software that the left stick is WASD, if you leave it as an anlog it won't work due to a fault in XimLink,  ( Same reason you can't use a G13 thumbstick as left stick when using XimLink ).

To make it work using the remote play ( No Xim required ) method steam needs to open a program in your PC, I personally make it open a command prompt,  but you could just make it open notepad.  It needs to open a program so it can hand the controller to windows via X360.

Hope this helps.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #42 on: 09:34 AM - 09/22/21 »
Ok, thanks. Yes, we don't have any time-based button bindings. We do have the ability to bind different functions based on how far you pull the trigger. Not yet for how far you push the stick, but, is something I was going to look into since that's a nice feature (sprint on peg).

Offline AgentSmith

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 09:55 AM - 09/22/21 »
Have a serious look into what the steam software can do for inspiration, it really is amazing and the results that can be achieved are remarkable.
And on top of everything the controller can be connected to the PC wirelessly,   I personally use wired which has no influence on accuracy during motion aiming

There is an issue though which is where I am hoping the Nexus will end as it's been designed to work with ST's and the gyro.

When using the Xim via Xim link, I sometimes get stuttering when I tell the gyro to be a mouse instead of a MouselikeJoystick, where I can see steps in the movement,  similar to what can be seen on micro mouse movements on almost of the games that are marked as U in the xim  supported list ( games with something missing ) , But that happens way more with the PS4 controller than it does with the Steam controller.
I also got the feeling after many many hours that the resolution of the gyro in the PS4 is very low and the Steam controller very high.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #44 on: 10:12 AM - 09/22/21 »
Have a serious look into what the steam software can do for inspiration, it really is amazing and the results that can be achieved are remarkable.

One thing about Value and the Steam controller when I've evaluated it in the past is the sheer amount of settings and customization. The cognitive overload was intense. Some of the customization also gave me the strong impression that they didn't really understand the best way to solve certain problems so they added settings in hopes the user would figure it out. I haven't looked at it recently, so, maybe it has improved since then, but, I didn't see having mass appeal at the time.

I agree though that there are definitely things in there to learn from.