XIM Community

Poll

What is your ideal pricerange for XIM NEXUS?

99$
100-125$
126-150$
151-175$

Poll: What is your ideal price for XIM NEXUS?  (Read 7339 times)

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Poll: What is your ideal price for XIM NEXUS?
« on: 06:20 AM - 09/19/21 »

Disclaimer: Poll results are only visible once you participated. The poll is fully anonymous!

Obsiv needs your input on what you would consider to be a competitive price for the XIM NEXUS, and moreso what you would be fine to pay for such a product :).
Originally the plan was to have it priced below APEX, but that may not be possible anymore due to shortages in the semi conductor field causing significant price spikes. Thats why the lowest option is at 100$.

Obsivs original comment with more information:
Pricing is tricky right now considering manufacturing completely up and running yet and there are manual steps of course (programming, calibrating, etc). I wanted it to be lower cost than an APEX but I don't think we are going to be able to hit that with the current silicon component situation the world is in right now. It's really bad. Prices for chips are ridiculous. Perhaps if we sold it without the adapter (PC use only) but not with it. So we are still working it out.

Maybe the community can give some idea what's on their mind concerning price. It would be good to know what your thoughts are.
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline Boltman

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Poll: What is your ideal price for XIM NEXUS?
« Reply #1 on: 06:53 AM - 09/19/21 »
I wish there was an option to pay for it right now.  ;D
Keyboard replacement: Sony Move Navigation Controller l Mouse: Logitech G9x & G502 l Mousepad: MM400 l Controller: PS5 (PS4 hori fighting commander) l XIM: Apex l Gaming Monitor: LG 27UD68-W l Headset: Sony Pulse Wireless Headset

My old config/setup: https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=25362.msg306559#msg306559

Offline AgentSmith

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08:47 AM - 09/19/21 »
Just as a reference to Obsiv's  thought about no adaptor.  is it possible with some kind of software wizardry to use the xim Apex/4 as an adaptor in some way by putting it into controller swap mode and then using the manger for the Nexus to do the game magic?

If that were possible would it open doors to selling without included adaptor.

Even as PC only if it presents as the right controller type then the remote systems should be able to use it.  Not an option for everyone I agree, but it is the method I have been using for quite a while now with my steam controller and PS4 controller to get use of the gyro in Xbox games, and other advanced features that the steam software allows.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #3 on: 09:04 AM - 09/19/21 »
NEXUS presents itself identically to how an Xbox One controller does over Bluetooth.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline taljac28

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09:21 AM - 09/19/21 »
Since none of us know how it feels, and if it's more accurate than k&m with xim apex.
I think the ideal price for the beginning should be around 100 usd.
If it's gonna be around 150 usd, I wouldn't give it shot, since it's way too much for something I don't know and never used.
BTW don't forget there is shipping cost + taxes in some countries.
The xim apex costed me total 140 usd with all the extra payments.

Offline Bully

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10:17 AM - 09/19/21 »
IMHO if it going to be better than the Official Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2, then the price for that in the UK is £159.99, so should it be based around that price ?

Edit - I probably wonít purchase the Nexus as I really really suck with a controller and I donít imagine any device would help me play even remotely ok with a controller, so I will stick with the Apex and Mouse and Nav.
« Last Edit: 10:26 AM - 09/19/21 by Bully »
MY COD MW SETUP
https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=85358.0

Xim Apex | Xbox Series X | Xbox series X controller | Logitech G502 mouse | Sony Nav | Razer Destructor Mat | 55" Panasonic 4K OLED TV

Offline Moreplay

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: XBL: o Samuel Hain o
« Reply #6 on: 12:40 PM - 09/19/21 »
It depends on the quality of the controller itself. I have 2 elite controllers and for the most part their internal parts are a step above a regular controller. Even my daughter comments on how smooth the elite thumb sticks are vs a regular controller. Does it feel like an OEM or premium controller? If you are going for a more premium look and feel, I would use the elite controller 2 for a reference. That is probably one of the best high end controllers on the market right now.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #7 on: 02:52 PM - 09/19/21 »
Unless we have a version of the product that doesn't include the wireless adapter, there isn't a way we are going to hit $100. In that case, you could only use it on a PC, but, also a XIM4/APEX, or Titan, etc. But, in this configuration, there is no audio. And, we can't guarantee wireless performance (our wireless adapter is optimized around our controller).

This controller's quality is that of a standard Xbox controller, not the Elite. At it's core, the Elite controller is just a regular standard console controller.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline LITHE

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
  • Instagram @gregrosolowski
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Kent C Strait
« Reply #8 on: 03:11 PM - 09/19/21 »
Sorry to be that guy to everyone, but compared to anything else on the market this blows it away and precieved value is important. Scuff doesn't have anything close to this and they sell for $160 to $200. I would go on the higher side. I think most people here don't realize what this is and the amount of development that went into it. Its value is easily on the high end in the controller market.

Offline Moreplay

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: XBL: o Samuel Hain o
« Reply #9 on: 03:37 PM - 09/19/21 »
I agree that even if it is on the same quality level of an OEM controller, the added benefit of the gyro aiming pushes this controller into the 150+ range. Leveraging the technology of smart translators into a controller is pretty genius. If the controller takes off, maybe consider eventually making a pro model with more bells and whistles. You honestly could make the ultimate controller.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #10 on: 03:55 PM - 09/19/21 »
Keep in mind there needs to be a margin for distributors. Smaller local distributors currently have almost no wholesale margin on APEX and that results in much higher local retail costs after exchange rates, import taxes & duties, shipping costs and GST / sales tax. Pricing NEXUS at $200 USD is going to translate to $400 AUD, which is totally unreasonable. I need to be able to sell NEXUS for at most $250 AUD and can only do that with a USD price of roughly 50% of that &/or a better wholesale margin.

I’d suggest around $130 to $150 USD (preferably $130 USD) direct to public retail price with a 20-25% margin for wholesale customers (currently only 5% for orders under 1000 units). By comparison, I get 30-40% wholesale discount with other manufacturers regardless of volume, so I don’t think 20% min discount is unreasonable given the exorbitant costs imposed upon us via local taxation and poor exchange rates.

We (local XIM distributors around the world) get wrecked by Chinese / Hong Kong XIM distributors selling on eBay and Amazon at a price lower than we can import stock wholesale. This is because their shipping is government-subsided and they blatantly ignore local tax laws.

These are official XIM distributors who also break eBay and Amazon rules by duplicating their shops 3 or 4 times to completely lock us out of the market. I can buy XIMs wholesale from Chinese distributors cheaper than I can buy direct from XIM Tech - that’s a huge issue.

In short, pump the retail price, but also fatten the margins for distributors so we can make a little profit too. Chinese XIM distributors undercutting local distributors via illegal means needs to be addressed to ensure we are also looked after, not just end-customers. Enforcing a minimum RRP on distributors would help to prevent undercutting too.
« Last Edit: 03:30 PM - 09/20/21 by antithesis »

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline facade

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: xi scion ix
  • PSN ID: SeneschalGrigori
« Reply #11 on: 04:04 PM - 09/19/21 »
Iíd suggest around $130 to $150 

Yea is probably be ok with the $130 (though prefer $100) but understand money has to be made for the product.

I could do the $150 for the XIM since it was allowing KB/M when it wasn't available otherwise,  but $150 for a controller is almost guaranteed to not happen for me.  That said,  i realize some things aren't marketed towards me. 

Offline AgentSmith

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 04:45 PM - 09/19/21 »
Just wanted to chime in on the pricing.
First I would be willing to have the $150 price tag as that would end up being circa £150

Lithe
You are correct, we have not had the pleasure, but to say there is nothing close isn't right at all, Scuff do have gyro enabled controllers. They may not work as well, but that is lack of software, not hardware at fault.
They also have a brand which has the perception of quality outside of its own customer base (however wrong that perception of quality may be)
The Xim currently has a reputation of being "that M/KB cheating device" to people who do not understand what it actually is or what it does.
Brand is a whole lot of perceived value, I mean people swear iphones are good right :-)

PS4 standard controller has a very good working gyro, when used with the right software.
The man himself said the Nexus is of OEM kind of quality so it's competing against a £50 controller in that case.

What will make this controller great is the software, and the fact Obsiv  ( It's Obsessive ) is a perfectionist who wants to produce things that fulfil the needs of its users.

Will it be worth $150 to me?   Absolutely it will, I paid near that for a wolverine Ultimate and needed to make heavy modifications to make it work for me. I needed to make my own shorter sticks with larger diameter tops, make my own buttons to replace the back buttons so they were actually usable. All in a controller that had drift from day one which I also needed to fix.

This might just be the Xim product that launches the company into direct competition with the bigger well known controller companies.
 It's going to be nice for me to be able to say "I use a Xim" while in a game, and not be accused of cheating, the last time I was able to do that ended about 6 months after the launch of Xim4.

Offline ColdMan

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 04:45 PM - 09/19/21 »
I bet for 130-140 USD/eur max as there will be taxes in some countries at least here in spain.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #14 on: 04:52 PM - 09/19/21 »
To add to my above statement, NEXUS build quality is more akin to a standard Xbox controller, not an Elite or other premium controller. What weíre paying for here is gyro functionality, which isnít necessarily going to sell at a premium price because it comes with scepticism and perceived risk.

I think customers will be disappointed paying $150 USD if anticipating an Elite-quality build, so price should reflect expectations. A more modest $130 USD price is already a substantial increase over APEX. Double the USD price to get the AUD cost to make it a break-even for me (and others) in Australia, which means a higher wholesale margin needs to be built into that $130 USD price.

TL;DR - $130 USD with 20% wholesale margin is where I would start tinkering with the pricing and distribution model.
« Last Edit: 09:21 PM - 09/19/21 by antithesis »

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Admin