XIM Community

Can you lay down and use the Nexus.  (Read 823 times)

Offline UnRyValD

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: UnRyValD
  • PSN ID: Judea33
Can you lay down and use the Nexus.
« on: 08:59 PM - 09/18/21 »
If I lay down with switch controllers it makes the motion controls useless.

Whatís the price USD?
Edge, XIM 4, Apex, waiting on Nexus

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Can you lay down and use the Nexus.
« Reply #1 on: 09:52 PM - 09/18/21 »
That's a good question. Yes you can do that. There are some functions of it that are gravity aligned, but not primary aiming.

Pricing is tricky right now considering manufacturing completely up and running yet and there are manual steps of course (programming, calibrating, etc). I wanted it to be lower cost than an APEX but I don't think we are going to be able to hit that with the current silicon component situation the world is in right now. It's really bad. Prices for chips are ridiculous. Perhaps if we sold it without the adapter (PC use only) but not with it. So we are still working it out.

Maybe the community can give some idea what's on their mind concerning price. It would be good to know what your thoughts are.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline UnRyValD

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11:12 PM - 09/18/21 »
My wife would like to be no more than 100 or else she may not let me have one. 😁😁😁
Make it feel heavy like the elite controller and I think it will sell great. I am loving the design and the back buttons. I am selling my elite controller when I can get a preorder.
« Last Edit: 11:19 PM - 09/18/21 by UnRyValD »

Offline UnRyValD

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11:21 PM - 09/18/21 »
I was also wondering if it has trigger stops. I saw you can have pressure sensitive binds. I hope this doesnít mean long trigger pulls.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #4 on: 12:10 AM - 09/19/21 »
Well unfortunately I don't think we are going to be at APEX price levels for this one given the state of the semiconductor industry. But, we will try our best.

No long trigger pulls. There is a really cool feature in there that I called "Quick Pull'. I measured it and I can fire 2x faster with it. It isn't a macro. I'll give more info about it coming up.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline BA3YDADDY

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: BA3YDADDY
  • PSN ID: BA3YDADDY
« Reply #5 on: 12:31 AM - 09/19/21 »
That's a good question. Yes you can do that. There are some functions of it that are gravity aligned, but not primary aiming.

Pricing is tricky right now considering manufacturing completely up and running yet and there are manual steps of course (programming, calibrating, etc). I wanted it to be lower cost than an APEX but I don't think we are going to be able to hit that with the current silicon component situation the world is in right now. It's really bad. Prices for chips are ridiculous. Perhaps if we sold it without the adapter (PC use only) but not with it. So we are still working it out.

Maybe the community can give some idea what's on their mind concerning price. It would be good to know what your thoughts are.

Price it like any other elite controller 150 dollars. Perfect price point. And do NOT! and I say it again DO NOT! sell it without the adapter. Adapter needs to be included, itís a @#$% pain for the consumer that we have to remember to included impotent stuff. Just price it at 150 dollars and in EU 150euros. Iím 100% sure everybody is fine with that price.

Offline JAMcClain

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12:40 AM - 09/19/21 »
Iíd pay $200 for a product of this caliber
I love my Xim 3 and my Galaxy tab 10.1

Online LITHE

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
  • Instagram @gregrosolowski
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Kent C Strait
« Reply #7 on: 03:47 AM - 09/19/21 »

Price it like any other elite controller 150 dollars. Perfect price point. And do NOT! and I say it again DO NOT! sell it without the adapter. Adapter needs to be included, itís a @#$% pain for the consumer that we have to remember to included impotent stuff. Just price it at 150 dollars and in EU 150euros. Iím 100% sure everybody is fine with that price.

Personally I still think it would be cool to buy without the adapter so users can save money if they choose.

Offline Brutalimp

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 10:24 PM - 09/19/21 »
Well unfortunately I don't think we are going to be at APEX price levels for this one given the state of the semiconductor industry. But, we will try our best.

No long trigger pulls. There is a really cool feature in there that I called "Quick Pull'. I measured it and I can fire 2x faster with it. It isn't a macro. I'll give more info about it coming up.

Can you flash the apex to be the adapter for the nexus? Maybe the initial batch can be for people who already own an apex?