XIM Community

Options for a future Battlefield 2042 player and PS5 owner.  (Read 4256 times)

Offline AskingAllTheTime

• View Profile
Re: Options for a future Battlefield 2042 player and PS5 owner.
« Reply #15 on: 12:52 PM - 09/19/21 »
I have my cloud II plugged into PS5, but after starting remote play, I have to unplug them and replug, to make the mic work

Offline Deadkrash

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Deadkrash
« Reply #16 on: 01:09 PM - 09/19/21 »
So how to "usb" headsets work via remote play on PS5? 8 have cloud Orbit S which needs to be plugged in via USB. Does it plug into the PS5 your remoting to or the ps4/ laptop your doing it from?

Audio peripherals plug into PS5 same as always just go into audio settings and make sure audio goes out to headphones instead of remote play. Remote play computer just acts like a big xim between your Apex and the PS5.

Offline AMG

• MVP
  • Gamer - Audiophile - Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 01:21 PM - 09/19/21 »
- PS5 Remote Play is totally valid solution just be sure you set your LAN correctly.

USB headsets or audio DACs goes directly to the PS5.

Offline AMG

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 01:28 PM - 09/19/21 »
For those with very limited internet access and most of your gaming is offline.

You can use Remote Play Offline following this guide.

Offline stratox

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: StratO_ox
« Reply #19 on: 05:27 PM - 09/20/21 »
- PS5 Remote Play is totally valid solution just be sure you set your LAN correctly.

USB headsets or audio DACs goes directly to the PS5.
I start PS Remote Play with my headphones connected to the PS5 via USB, but the MIC option is automatically changed to the remote control, and when I change it to USB the XIM stops working, I have to connect and disconnect everything until it grabs, every day it takes me about 15 minutes to grab the MIC without disconnecting, I can't find a way to do it at once.

Offline derek0129

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 08:00 PM - 09/20/21 »
Option 7) is the way to go for now if we talk about the PS5 version and when setup correctly will only add 1 millisecond or more of additional lag. Its nowhere near as bad as it was a year ago, works amazingly well!

Any chance we can get a stickied post on the best practice RP setup steps? I've seen a few threads and am not sure which is the best.

I actually like the RP option the best because using the Windows sound and a more advanced EQ for my cans on the PC is great!
Admitted XIM Fanatic since 2011: XIM, XIM Edge, XIM 3, XIM 4, XIM Apex

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 04:24 AM - 09/21/21 »
Option 7) is the way to go for now if we talk about the PS5 version and when setup correctly will only add 1 millisecond or more of additional lag. Its nowhere near as bad as it was a year ago, works amazingly well!

Any chance we can get a stickied post on the best practice RP setup steps? I've seen a few threads and am not sure which is the best.

I actually like the RP option the best because using the Windows sound and a more advanced EQ for my cans on the PC is great!

I think the guide written by antithesis is the most comprehensive and detailed! :)
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline Deadkrash

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Deadkrash
« Reply #22 on: 12:15 PM - 09/30/21 »
DICE just announced no Native KB+M for consols in BF 2042 but they're looking at it.
So we can take that off the available options.

Here is the blog post Link its towards the bottom.
https://www.ea.com/games/battlefield/battlefield-2042/news/battlefield-commitment-to-positive-play
« Last Edit: 12:20 PM - 09/30/21 by Deadkrash »

Offline AMG

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 02:31 PM - 09/30/21 »
DICE just announced no Native KB+M for consols in BF 2042 but they're looking at it.

https://www.ea.com/games/battlefield/battlefield-2042/news/battlefield-commitment-to-positive-play
I TOLD YOU, months ago... many times... :P.

I have a good source, my intentions however were to warn PS5 owners on don't pre-order PS5 version.

Offline Snoopundercover

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 08:17 PM - 09/30/21 »

I just watched the latest Jack Frags video and came straight here to see what you guys think.

I was secretly hoping for native m&k support but knew it was a long shot after Alanmcgregors intel.

With the new announcements about Anti cheat and fair play, does EA or Dice consider the XIM Apex to be cheating / exploiting? I can't find anything official.

I'm switching from PS5 to Xbox for this game, I know that previously the xim was not detectable as it goes through the controller, is that still the case?

Offline Se7eNpog

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 12:56 AM - 10/01/21 »

I have a good source, my intentions however were to warn PS5 owners on don't pre-order PS5 version.

Does your source also know if this game requires a Dualsense to play? If so, remote play is the way to go I suppose?!

Offline ganzneu1975

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 06:15 AM - 10/01/21 »
does anyone know if the beta will run with remote play?

Offline AMG

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 12:43 PM - 10/01/21 »

Does your source also know if this game requires a Dualsense to play? If so, remote play is the way to go I suppose?!
Is under NDA, the only thing shared was and I quote: "DualSense gunplay on PS5 is pretty well done, is PS5 differentiator factor where on XB is cross progression with PC".

So, game does checks for DualSense.

This person played a closed alpha for-press-only, months ago. Believed or not Battlefield Franchise is bigger on Latin America than US and UK combined, this market is very important for EA, second best after FIFA and this market also prefer BF over CoD.

Said: it was a bit concern because the game while is a love letter for Battlefield 3/4 players, the version tested was very unfinished doubting it will be ready for the release date. - was right.

"XBS version play smoother than PS5" - take this with a chunck of salt because in LATAM are very Microsoft bias :P LOL

Didn't say/confirmed: "it won't work for XIM, 3rd party controllers or DS4", they really not aware at all of that issue, doesn't own one.
« Last Edit: 04:41 PM - 10/02/21 by AMG »

Offline AMG

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 01:03 PM - 10/01/21 »
does anyone know if the beta will run with remote play?
As far I know remote play is only ready with released version of a game. Fingers crossed for beta.

Final version RP will work.

Offline Se7eNpog

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 08:11 AM - 10/05/21 »
You can already download the bf 2042 beta client and the game only supports the Dualsense so no xim or native mnk for this game and as far as remote play goes, we'll have to check tomorrow when its live but wont get my hopes up.

Admin