XIM Community

Community Request: 1000hz Polling Rate  (Read 1522 times)

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: Community Request: 1000hz Polling Rate
« Reply #15 on: 05:41 PM - 09/21/21 »
Iím not against 1000Hz over USB, it could easily be sold as a feature for regular controller usage for input lag mitigation (though PC is moving towards USB 3.0 for 8000Hz support).

My hesitation is coupling 1000Hz with Motion Aim, which will negatively affect the intended experience. Using Motion Aim over USB is fine (depending on the USB cable) but I foresee problems with aim assist and jitter that are completely bypassed by offering the current, single NEXUS polling rate.

Definitely add 1000Hz, but maybe restrict it to non-Motion Aim usage. Or make users aware that it will negatively impact performance (best avoided altogether as it creates an unnecessary objection).

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline AgentSmith

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 05:19 AM - 09/22/21 »
Obsiv:

It's an embedded rechargeable LiIon battery -- like other controllers it'll required disassembly to replace. You've had poor performance with controllers with embedded rechargeable batteries? I haven't had that experience (even all the way back to my DS3's). I'd like to learn more so I can understand your experiences with this.

It was more of a question to gain information about the controller to find out if things like battery replacement had been considered in the design process.

Offline mcdonamw

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 02:50 PM - 09/22/21 »
Thinking more about the battery.

Is the Nexus battery easily replaceable, for when it does fail ?    Not in any way knocking the Nexus here, but batteries always fail and often in a short space of time.

It's an embedded rechargeable LiIon battery -- like other controllers it'll required disassembly to replace. You've had poor performance with controllers with embedded rechargeable batteries? I haven't had that experience (even all the way back to my DS3's). I'd like to learn more so I can understand your experiences with this.

I'd much prefer a replaceable battery pack.  I don't ever want to disassemble my controller to replace a battery.  I'm sure that'd void the warranty too? 

I'd likely play with this thing always plugged in because I'm just not a fan of wireless in general, but that alone could hurt the battery (overcharge n all), so I'd likely destroy that battery and it would never last when I'd actually want to use it wireless.

Speaking of wireless... what wireless tech is being used?  Would be awesome to have some sort of the extreme low latency wireless that the likes of Logitech uses. 
XIM Apex | Xbox Series X | HyperX Alloy Origins 60 | Razer Basilisk V3 | Artisan Ninja FX Hayate OTSU