XIM Community

Nexus - What are your thoughts or questions?  (Read 26168 times)

Offline mcdonamw

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Nexus - What are your thoughts or questions?
« Reply #465 on: 06:05 PM - 02/14/22 »
Almost every other app in existence that has a seperate X-Y (or length/width/ratio) adjustment has an option to link them so setting one sets both.  It's literally a checkbox or chainlink icon.   

Are you referring to stick sensitivity specifically?

First question was regarding the motion aim (hip vs ads) as well as thumbstick sensitivities (X vs Y).  Both values are set separately.  For people who want them to always be the same, it would be cool to lock them together so you only have to set one.  Clarification... I'm not wanting motion and stick sensitivities to be locked/set together.  Referring to the specific values in both areas separately.  Mockups below.

Second question was regarding the motion sensitivity itself.  What if we want separate X/Y values for HIP or ADS, not just a single value? 

Note:  I have not seen the actual Nexus manager for myself yet so I don't know what's in the Expert settings.

« Last Edit: 06:34 PM - 02/14/22 by mcdonamw »
XIM Apex | Xbox Series X | HyperX Alloy Origins 60 | Razer Basilisk V3 | Artisan Ninja FX Hayate OTSU

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #466 on: 06:38 PM - 02/14/22 »
Yes, good suggestion. That would be easy to add since it really is just a UI thing. I'll add it to the improvements list. Thanks!

Motion has a separate Y-Scale accessible via Expert mode. By default it's set to 50%. Stick wasn't done this way since separate X/Y is what people are generally used to (as all ingame settings are like this). But, doing the lock is a good idea.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline mcdonamw

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: 12:45 PM - 02/15/22 »
Awesome. Thanks for the consideration. Just purchased my NEXUS.
XIM Apex | Xbox Series X | HyperX Alloy Origins 60 | Razer Basilisk V3 | Artisan Ninja FX Hayate OTSU

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #468 on: 12:51 PM - 02/15/22 »
Awesome. Thanks for the consideration. Just purchased my NEXUS.

Thanks -- looking forward to your feedback!

Offline juroz

• View Profile
« Reply #469 on: 04:34 PM - 02/15/22 »
Iím really loving the controller. Playing everyday with it. I am a lot better with mouse and move controller but i enjoy this more and now i can fly helicopters in bf2042. I would like to also use motion in the helicopter but that is not working yet.

Is there a way to use motion for the X, y and z axis in the future? That would be so awesome in a helicopter.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #470 on: 05:00 PM - 02/15/22 »
Can you tell us what sort of mapping you'd expect?

Offline juroz

• View Profile
« Reply #471 on: 04:26 PM - 02/16/22 »
Can you tell us what sort of mapping you'd expect?

Maybe i should make a picture for better understanding but i will try this first.

You hold the controller horizontally. Pitch up and down on the controller is the same as right tumbstick up and down.
Roll left and right the controller is the same as the right tumbstick left and right.
Yaw left and right the controller is the same as the left tumbstick left and right.

This would really help me be more accurate in planes and helicopters.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #472 on: 04:39 PM - 02/16/22 »
Ok, this is very helpful, thank you. We want to add special versions of Configs that enable vehicles better so having these mappings help. The only concern is yaw as there will be drift which is normally corrected with the aiming stick, but, won't be in this case.

Offline dreaded

• View Profile
« Reply #473 on: 05:57 PM - 02/16/22 »
I’d love to try a config similar to that for helis in bf4. However my case is a little more complex:

I fly veteran so when I pull down on my right stick, my heli pitches up (and pushing RS up pitches down.) I’ve had some good fun playing with a config where gyro is inverted so gyro movement is ‘normal’ for pitching up and down. Cancels out the right stick inversion so when I point up, my heli reticule points up.

Personally I’d love if possible to be able to invert the gyro for the right stick but obviously keep yaw as described by Juroz. I could change my right stick settings in game if that is not possible but after 8+ years of piloting I’d have to relearn some serious muscle memory, plus I feel more connected to the game when I pull down RS to pitch up as it is similar to flight stick mechanics. 

I’d be very happy to beta test whenever/if this feature becomes available.

Even if you don’t manage this at some point, thanks -  I can’t imagine playing controller without motion now I’ve tried the Nexus.

Offline mcdonamw

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: 11:35 AM - 02/18/22 »
Silly question... I want to keep my Apex connected for games I want to use KB/M input and simultaneously have the Nexus connected for games I prefer to use that with.

Is there any way to make this happen, either by splitting the controller into both adapters and combining the adapters to the Xbox?  Or better have the Nexus adapter work with both Apex and Nexus?  If not this would be a cool nice to have.  I don't want to have to keep swapping adapters depending on which XIM I want to use.

Offline Biggs88

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Biggs88
« Reply #475 on: 12:52 PM - 02/18/22 »
Silly question... I want to keep my Apex connected for games I want to use KB/M input and simultaneously have the Nexus connected for games I prefer to use that with.

Iím on the PS5 and the nexus work very well with the Apex. My connection is Beloader, extension cable, Xim Apex, Apex Hub with mouse, keyboard and Nexus manager plugged into the hub with a DS4 controller plugged into the Nexus manager.

They are both on simultaneously and functioning properly because they have the same in game settings (Battlefield 2042).

The only issue that I have is some time the Nexus donít connect when I boot up (Nexus light be blinking red). I think this is more of a sequence problem and not a power issue. I think the Nexus try to connect before the Apex. Iím not sure but the fix is simple.

I make sure the controller is off and close the Nexus app. Then I unplug the connection between the Apex and extension cable to disconnect power to both Xim devices.

Then I reconnect, turn on controller, let controller and manager connect, open app, connect controller to app and the hiccup is gone.

I donít know if the Apex and Nexus was meant to work together. I donít know if using them together is damaging either one of them. Maybe someone with more knowledge to the inner working of Xim can explain.

Is there any way to make this happen, either by splitting the controller into both adapters and combining the adapters to the Xbox?  Or better have the Nexus adapter work with both Apex and Nexus?  If not this would be a cool nice to have.  I don't want to have to keep swapping adapters depending on which XIM I want to use.

Try the connection I described and see if it work for you. This wasnít discovered by me but by another user here which I think is an Xbox user. He started a post on it about 1 or 2 weeks ago. Anyway, good luck and I hope this help.

Offline mcdonamw

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: 07:33 PM - 02/18/22 »
Thanks for the response. I found the thread and will ask my follow-ups there.

https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=99531.0
« Last Edit: 07:44 PM - 02/18/22 by mcdonamw »

Offline SE4N

• View Profile
« Reply #477 on: 03:14 PM - 02/19/22 »
Would it be possible In the future to add support for other gyro controllers using the nexus as the driving controller?

IE. you would connect a usb c hub to the nexus adapter, then have your first party controller for authentication and then say a joycon using the XIM software for nexus gyro.

Like how apex letís you use most mice, the nexus would let you use other gyro controllers?

Iíve been wanting to try keyboard left hand and gyro in the right. ( never been great with bottom controller buttons so keyboard would be easier in that respect. )